Sad day indeed.

92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 07:51 pm
France says no to mass legalisation of undocumented immigrants
Last updated at 16:53pm on 21st May 2007

New French president Nicolas Sarkozy's government will be taking a 'pragmatic' line on immigration, it says

"We have to put aside massive legalization. It doesn't work and it penalizes, even immigrants," Brice Hortefeux said on Europe 1 radio.

Policy, he said, would be guided by "firmness and humanism" with "lots of pragmatism."

He also said he planned to adhere to the policy of deporting illegal immigrants from France. The number of deportees was expected to reach some 25,000 this year, and Hortefeux said he would ensure that figure is reached.

Hortefeux, a longtime confidant of Sarkozy, was among those named to the new government on Friday.

The conservative Sarkozy, elected president May 6, had reached out to the anti-immigration far right to capture votes, notably ruffling some feathers in his own camp with his promise to create a ministry of immigration and national identity.

Hortefeux said he planned to meet shortly with officials from sectors like the building and hotel and restaurant industries, known to rely heavily on immigrants.

Hortefeux also said he would not put into question a long-standing policy of "family grouping," by which immigrants in France can bring their families here.

However, he indicated, as Sarkozy had, that modifications may be made in order to ensure that those who join other family members in France can be integrated.

"It must be carried out in respect for the dignity of those who want to come and (in a way) that favors their integration," he said.

Sarkozy had said he wants to ensure that those who join families in France can speak French and that family members receiving them can support the newcomers.

| the Daily Mail

Apparently, the president of France has more balls than Bush.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 736 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 07:55 pm
@92b16vx,
Oh my God, France is going to go from capitulation as a hobby to being the bastion of the West at this rate.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:38 pm
@92b16vx,
If the immigration bill sitting in the senate right now passes, I am going to see about filing a class action lawsuit against for the government on behalf of everyone that actually paid for legal immigration.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:43 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;17140 wrote:
If the immigration bill sitting in the senate right now passes, I am going to see about filing a class action lawsuit against for the government on behalf of everyone that actually paid for legal immigration.

Good luck!!!
92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:01 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;17142 wrote:
Good luck!!!

You'd surprised. Not that I would actually expect it to really go anywhere, but at least it would be something more than Bush is doing and rolling over to illegal immigrants and the unamerican extremist that support them, yea, I said extremist.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:59 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;17140 wrote:

That's not a bad idea, I'm filing a class action when I hit 60 and can't collect social security after paying into it my entire life
Drnaline

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:25 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;17255 wrote:
That's not a bad idea, I'm filing a class action when I hit 60 and can't collect social security after paying into it my entire life
I'll be there way before you. Hope they got good lawyers. I will be representing myself, LOL.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 05:23 pm
@92b16vx,
Social Security Age needs to be raised.

When SS was first admitted. people weren't living to collect social security for 20 years.

If we raised the age of Social Seccurity to 69. Yes i said 69 HARHAR social security would have a fighting chance at sticking around.

I know my views are not going to fly well with many people.

Without looking it up I think Social security in say the 50's was 20 - 1 ratio (20 active workes to each 1 ss recipient,

Today is what 5-1? The numbers I am sure are off, but not by much. If people are goin got live longer they need to work longer.

Paying into social security is not paying for your Future check, you are paying for the Social security of the currently retired. and the next generation will pay yours.
0 Replies