Bush increasing communication with N Korea

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:06 pm
kind of unlike a "war monger" to try to increase success of negotiations by writing personal letters to other foreign leaders eh?

and for all you anti fox news people this is an associated press story

FOXNews.com - Report: North Korea Responds to Bush Letter, Urges U.S. to Meet Aid Promises - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 18
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
A political move borne from wisdom. I applaud the president for this.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
yeah I'm not a "Bush Fan", but the evil war monger image some far lefters try to paint of him just doesn't square

problem is good luck getting anybody but the AP or Fox News to report when Bush get's one right, and since 90% of Americans have thier current events spoon fed to them what they here is usually pretty much garbage
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:57 pm
@Silverchild79,
The left will never give in one inch with it comes to the president. They view any positive action that supports the president as conciliatory and a sign of weakness for them. Anything the repubs do that aids the country, is bad news for them. They prefer it when the country is in constant turmoil. In their blind view, it strengthens their position, no matter what harm it does to you and me.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;48528 wrote:
yeah I'm not a "Bush Fan", but the evil war monger image some far lefters try to paint of him just doesn't square

problem is good luck getting anybody but the AP or Fox News to report when Bush get's one right, and since 90% of Americans have thier current events spoon fed to them what they here is usually pretty much garbage

Bush is a clown,a worldwide joke figure.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:19 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48542 wrote:
Bush is a clown,a worldwide joke figure.

we can always count on you to throw a dart or two.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:24 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48546 wrote:

Oh come on socal,the man is not fit for the position he holds,you dont like the clintons,both of whom are far more intelligent the bush,you never answered my post on another thread,who ran and left the american economy in better shape,clinton or reagan/bush1/bush2.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:32 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48548 wrote:
Oh come on socal,the man is not fit for the position he holds,you dont like the clintons,both of whom are far more intelligent the bush,you never answered my post on another thread,who ran and left the american economy in better shape,clinton or reagan/bush1/bush2.

sure I answered it - I forget which thread it was but it's there - take a moment and go back and check, then beat me up, as usual....
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:38 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48546 wrote:

Except this is one of the few things he is right about, around the world Bush is viewed as an imbecile, clown, and a cowboy. He is negotiating with NK because they wouldn't be an easy victory like some backwards middle eastern country.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:44 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;48560 wrote:
Except this is one of the few things he is right about, around the world Bush is viewed as an imbecile, clown, and a cowboy. He is negotiating with NK because they wouldn't be an easy victory like some backwards middle eastern country.

He needs to something positive to build a platform for the repubs. In my view, this is the smartest move he could make. To come to any agreement with NK that assists in the unification of the country and an end to their nuclear programs would be astonishing, politically.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:13 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48530 wrote:
The left will never give in one inch with it comes to the president. They view any positive action that supports the president as conciliatory and a sign of weakness for them. Anything the repubs do that aids the country, is bad news for them. They prefer it when the country is in constant turmoil. In their blind view, it strengthens their position, no matter what harm it does to you and me.

Yeah....is it even possible for a guy like Harry Reid to be happy, under any conditions? The guy was born to whine.Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Emiliana

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:33 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;48560 wrote:

Right.

Remember last year when Bush warned Kim Ding Dong not to shoot off his missiles or he would suffer grave consequences?

Not only did he shoot off his missiles, but he did it on the US's Independence Day. Then he lit up a few more the next day.

I see we're getting around to those "consequences". I'm sure that countries like Iran were watching our reaction very closely.

I totally support this type of diplomacy and I'm happy to see communication.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Right on point. Kim Ding Dong has no worldwide support, fortunately, the rest of the world considers him an idiot. And, the best way to settle down a moron is to pat his head, the most rudimentary form of communication. Failing that, kick his ass.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 06:31 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48747 wrote:
Right on point. Kim Ding Dong has no worldwide support, fortunately, the rest of the world considers him an idiot. And, the best way to settle down a moron is to pat his head, the most rudimentary form of communication. Failing that, kick his ass.

I'd like to turn him into a rug, and lay him out in front of my fireplace, which I'm using this time of year. :angryfire:SmileLaughing
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 11:07 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48819 wrote:
I'd like to turn him into a rug, and lay him out in front of my fireplace, which I'm using this time of year. :angryfire:SmileLaughing

What a pleasant thought - although his fur looks a little thin.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
around the world Bush is viewed as an imbecile, clown, and a cowboy.

I really don't care what people "around the world" think most of the time, and how do you suppose Bush got where he is today, at the head of the greatest nation in the world?
Please don't bring up the old canards about "help from daddy", "help from businesss connections", and "stole the elections", those are the favorite rejoinders from those who lost the elections by not listening to the people.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:13 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;48889 wrote:
how do you suppose Bush got where he is today, at the head of the greatest nation in the world?
Please don't bring up the old canards about "help from daddy", "help from businesss connections", and "stole the elections", those are the favorite rejoinders from those who lost the elections by not listening to the people.

I voted for Bush. The reason he won is because Kerry was successfully marginalized, and the help of business/political connections. I garantee you that if we had not been at the point of the war we were at when he was elected he would have lost decisively. Him winning the election doesn't make him any less the buffoon that he is.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:19 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48747 wrote:

when it comes to world support the US isn't far behind North Korea.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 08:39 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;48902 wrote:
I voted for Bush. The reason he won is because Kerry was successfully marginalized, and the help of business/political connections. I garantee you that if we had not been at the point of the war we were at when he was elected he would have lost decisively. Him winning the election doesn't make him any less the buffoon that he is.

all the worlds buffoons are deaply offended by that comparison !
0 Replies