IED levels continue to fall; surge continues to work

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:35 am
The-Review.com

deaths down, IED's down, public support up

good news which won't be covered by the majority of America's liberal media continues to come in!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 847 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 07:19 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's attributable to our clever manipulation of ancient Arab tribalism more than the surge. The Arabs are intensely tribalistic. AQ stepped on it in that regard, somewhere on the road to jihad.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:29 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43958 wrote:
It's attributable to our clever manipulation of ancient Arab tribalism more than the surge. The Arabs are intensely tribalistic. AQ stepped on it in that regard, somewhere on the road to jihad.

I hope it fails, miserably. I pray to God, that it does.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
Do you mean you hope the surge fails? Why, don't you want a conclusion to the recent unpleasantness in Iraq?
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 12:13 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;43982 wrote:
Do you mean you hope the surge fails? Why, don't you want a conclusion to the recent unpleasantness in Iraq?

Yes...indeed, I hope the surge "fails"....we have no business being in Iraq. We're there on false pretenses, and have made a bad situation "worse".
It's a civil war, and the chips have to fall where they may...only then can we deal with the outcome, and not before.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 12:44 am
@Silverchild79,
still surge failure is nothing to hope for

surge works and peace is sustained, troops come home

surge fails, troops come come anyways, genocide and possibly WWIII occurs
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 03:45 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43983 wrote:
Yes...indeed, I hope the surge "fails"....we have no business being in Iraq. We're there on false pretenses, and have made a bad situation "worse".
It's a civil war, and the chips have to fall where they may...only then can we deal with the outcome, and not before.

Well don't you really mean you hope it fails because you hate Bush?

Sometimes war does bring about positive changes, look at what is happening in Afghanistan.

Yahoo! News. Six years after the Taliban's ouster, medical care in Afghanistan has improved such that nearly 90,000 children who would of died before age 5 will now survive this year.
Saddled for years with one of the world's worst records on child health, Afghanistan has seen access to health care rise dramatically since the U.S. led invasion.
Thousands of health clinics have been built across the country, and the Afghan government and aid agencies have trained tens of thousands of doctors, vaccinators and health volunteers who now reach into some of the country's most remote areas.
Access to health care for Afghans has jumped from 8 percent of the population in the 1990s to close to 85 percent today.

I believe Iraq is just beginning to see these positive changes to. Of course, Democrats don't want to see that before election time.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 03:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43986 wrote:
still surge failure is nothing to hope for

surge works and peace is sustained, troops come home

surge fails, troops come come anyways, genocide and possibly WWIII occurs

Silver, am I authorized to despise the things Aaron says? Gee....I hope so, becaue I do. I loathe the things he says.:headbang:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:27 pm
aaronssongs;47344 wrote:
Please! Me hating Bush has nothing to do with me being against the war. Or can't you contain two separate thoughts in your own head?
I hope it fails, "miserably", because we have no business being there. period. We're there on the pretext that there was WMD, and Saddam was on the verge of making nukes....well, that turned out to be a "bald-faced" lie...then when that was found out, and taken as a consensus...the mission was changed to "fighting the war on terror" and ferreting out Al Qaeda, to prevent the war coming to the States. Bull hockey!
The war already came to the States..on 9/11...so, another "lie".
There was no game plan after Saddam was removed from office...Bush and Co. expected the same reception we received in Europe at the end of WWII...dancing in the streets,and flowers being thrown, and kisses blown. Fat chance. Because the people may have disliked Saddam and his regime..but they didn't care for Americans, either...why is that so hard to absorb...it's not like we are Britney Spears or Starbucks...we're criminal, fascist, colonials, intent on taking their oil, and making them pay for their own reconstruction...to put it another way..."the evil Satan, that they think that we are"!!@!!!!!!! And I, for one, am totally against it...to the point of being horrified by the machinations of my own government...all under the banner of democracy and freedom...what a f....ing crock!
The mindset is all wrong...you have been brainwashed into thinking that everything that the government does, is honorable and right.
I am ashamed to be called an American, under 'this" administrations sins and shameless actions...and it seems that the Republicans don't have the stomach or the cojones to challenge this spawn of the devil...but come Nov 2008...there will be a new day....maybe not a whole lot better....but "better".

Hoping your country loses a war, particularly one as important as this one, is pathetic. :thumbdown:
Freeman15

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:34 pm
You don't build permanent military bases and the world's largest embassy if you intend to leave...ever.

Iraq cost America ALL of our political authority so that now, we can't even make Iran follow our orders without backup from the UK and France. Iraq will break this country, if it hasn't already, and then true fascists will pick up the pieces, and god help the peoples of failed hegemons, as historically, they have endured tremendous suffering (see Rome, France, and Germany for details).

I hope the surge works because maybe fewer Americans will die, but ultimately it doesn't matter. I can cite the illegality of the war domestically and internationally, I can cite the billions upon billions of dollars being borrowed from a developing China to finance this war, I can even cite the thousands of US casualties, but it doesn't matter. The American people DESERVE the suffering their government will bring down on them, because they have failed to act.

Silver, tell me this:

What will we do when China overtakes us in GDP PPP?
What will we do when China calls in our loans?
What will we do when Russia and the SCO member states align further against us?
What will we do when the US dollar is no longer global hard currency, and the Euro replaces it?

These are questions war-supporters never answer, so please, for the sake of intellectual debate, answer them.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:11 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;47483 wrote:

Silver, tell me this:

What will we do when China overtakes us in GDP PPP?
What will we do when China calls in our loans?
What will we do when Russia and the SCO member states align further against us?
What will we do when the US dollar is no longer global hard currency, and the Euro replaces it?

These are questions war-supporters never answer, so please, for the sake of intellectual debate, answer them.

I will answer

GDP PPP we will continue to thrive in a country that does not limit the amount of offspring a couple ahs.

China calls in our loans, we will not sell them anymore oil (they get it form us not the arabs)

More SOC alligns further against us//// um ./.. and?

Then the govt will trade in euros and the us dollar will still be mass used in the US
Freeman15

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:31 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;47501 wrote:
I will answer

GDP PPP we will continue to thrive in a country that does not limit the amount of offspring a couple ahs.

China calls in our loans, we will not sell them anymore oil (they get it form us not the arabs)

More SOC alligns further against us//// um ./.. and?

Then the govt will trade in euros and the us dollar will still be mass used in the US

China's GDP is advancing at over 10% annually, we usually hover between 2-3%. Eventually, they will overtake us. Their 1 child policy doesn't hurt them, since we can't compete with their population as it stands.

China buys oil from Russia, Sudan, Nigeria, and Venezuela. Very little comes from the United States. In fact, if the US economy failed as a result of Chinese loans, our Saudi trading partners would simply turn to China to pick up the slack.

You don't know what the SCO is, do you?

The dollar's value is based on international demand. The Bretton-Woods model dictated that all currency would be assigned value relative to the US dollar, which was in turn valued at gold. When Nixon took us off of the gold standard however, the dollar became the "new gold". Then, countries began to realize the absurdity of basing the value of their currencies on....just another paper currency. Thus, currency value has become tied to demand for imports, since if you want to buy French items you need to pay them in Euros (or dollars for America, Yen for Japan, you get it), and this is why the Euro has become so incredibly powerful, it is the currency of the most powerful economic body in the world (Yes, the EU collective GDP is higher than our's), and thus the most frequently DEMANDED.

Without international demand, or gold backing it, the dollar is WORTHLESS, tantamount to the Ruble. The sad thing is, while a weak dollar SHOULD improve exports, since the Chinese Yuan is directly tied to the value of the dollar, the Chinese will always have an edge in exporting.

What say you?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47356 wrote:
Hoping your country loses a war, particularly one as important as this one, is pathetic. :thumbdown:

its more of an occupation than a war pino,are the US going to keep 160,000 plus troops in Iraq,the troops shouldnt be there in the first place.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:55 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44278 wrote:
Well don't you really mean you hope it fails because you hate Bush?

Sometimes war does bring about positive changes, look at what is happening in Afghanistan.

Yahoo! News. Six years after the Taliban's ouster, medical care in Afghanistan has improved such that nearly 90,000 children who would of died before age 5 will now survive this year.
Saddled for years with one of the world's worst records on child health, Afghanistan has seen access to health care rise dramatically since the U.S. led invasion.
Thousands of health clinics have been built across the country, and the Afghan government and aid agencies have trained tens of thousands of doctors, vaccinators and health volunteers who now reach into some of the country's most remote areas.
Access to health care for Afghans has jumped from 8 percent of the population in the 1990s to close to 85 percent today.

I believe Iraq is just beginning to see these positive changes to. Of course, Democrats don't want to see that before election time.

The difference being,that the US had the rights and backing to go into afghanistan,because that is where bin-laden and AQ training camps were,it had no reason to invade Iraq.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43881 wrote:
The-Review.com

deaths down, IED's down, public support up

good news which won't be covered by the majority of America's liberal media continues to come in!
0 Replies