I have grown suspicious over Ron Paul

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:46 am
You know I've been reading some of the things the Ron Paul supports have been saying and they've really turned me on to a new way of thinking.

The FBI monitors suspected terrorists and for national security reasons can't disclose every last detail during ongoing investigations. So they suspect the FBI is making things up to scare us.

The president says there aren't any secret torture prisons, and there isn't any proof of them. But the lack of proof that they exist has caused allot of these Ron Paulers, and liberals, to think that maybe in reality they're all over the place, doing unspeakable things. And the fact that there isn't any proof proves it's being covered up.

When asked for any proof on any of this the same response it always given "I can't prove it, it's a cover up, I'm suspicious"

Consider Ron Paul's foreign policy...

He wants us completlely out of the Mid East tomorrow, but so does Bin Laden...

He wants to destroy the FBI/CIA... but so does Bin Laden...

He says that Bush committed a crime by going to war with Iraq, Iran says the same thing...

I dunno, it's all to much coincidence for me. It HAS to mean that Ron Paul is in fact, an Al Qaeda operative! I can't prove it, I'm actually suspicious that maybe the proof may have been covered up. And that Hillary Clinton is also on their side, drawing away GOP voters so she can win the election. She would also pull us out of the region, just seems like more proof to me that the Dem's, Bin Laden, and Ron Paul are all working together to destroy the War on Terror so that America can be destroyed!

Ron Paul... I'm onto you :beat:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,579 • Replies: 20
No top replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:54 am
@Silverchild79,
lol. nice one.

you're missing the bigger picture.

He wants us out of the middle easy so we can focus on HOME. our economy is heading for a day like that tuesday in 1929... many economists are scared shitless. We need to focus on getting our own **** together again and to stop being the world police. You have the world police guy as your avatar.... did you not even watch that movie?

by going to war with iraq, it wasn't passed through congress, which according to our constitution says "only congress has the power to declare war". so yes, it was a crime.

iran says it for different reasons. they don't give a **** about or constitution.

If the president can just do whatever the **** he wants, whats the point of the legislative or judicial branches at all? dictator much?

does not the supreme court "interpret the constitution"?

if you can't see this, your blind, or have your head stuck up Giuli's dress.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:04 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41710 wrote:

by going to war with iraq, it wasn't passed through congress, which according to our constitution says "only congress has the power to declare war". so yes, it was a crime.

Brian Brian Brian, you've been spending far to much time on fed up Americans radio show

CNN.com - Senate approves Iraq war resolution - Oct. 11, 2002

congress did vote, and it passed

I actually agree with Ron Paul on domestic issues, but the fact is if we go through with his plans in the Middle East we will be attacked again and Iran could very well spark WWIII, that isn't an option either.

the main point of this thread was to highlight all the conspiracy theory that is tossed around on here as of late, people demanding I link proof to every little thing I say. Then those same people make outrageous accusations and offer little more then "well I'm suspicious" to validity it, then accuse me of not having my facts straight...

I dunno man, you haven't obsessed flag day recently, I'm beginning to suspect you're with Al Qaeda...

and my avatar is an intentional jab at the conspiracy theorists... it was either that or a Dick Cheney for President ad. As much as I love pissing people off even I won't go there
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
we were already THERE by october 2002 though. a vote after the fact is ****.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:35 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41718 wrote:
we were already THERE by october 2002 though. a vote after the fact is ****.

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Iraq War, also known as the Occupation of Iraq[35], the Second Gulf War,[36] or Operation Iraqi Freedom,[37] is an ongoing conflict which began on March 20, 2003 with the United States-led invasion of Iraq.

huh?
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
The Congress DID NOT DECLARE WAR. They don't have the authority to "authorize military action", meaning, they can't simply let the president decide when to attack. Congress is empowered to declare war, they are not empowered to cede that authority to the executive branch. Silver, you're dead wrong, and it's sad that you've clearly never picked up a copy of our Constitution.

I already explained this to you, we DOUBT the legitimacy of claims made by the government because no evidence ever comes out except "it's classified, trust us". Are there some conspiracy theorists in Ron Paul's camp? Yep. Are there some fascists and religious zealots in Giuliani and McCain's camps? Yep. Most Ron Paul supporters however do not subscribe the idea that a New World Order is secretly plotting a global takeover from some dark castle in the Bohemian Grove. However, we do know that Rendition occurs (sending detained people to foreign governments that DO torture*), we do know that the war in Iraq is illegal, and we do know that our federal budget and economy are not sustainable given our country's current deployment globally**.

You need only go to Ron Paul's website, or the Libertarian Party's website (Dr. Paul's views plus a little more radical stuff) to figure out what Paul really believes, not just what Fox News lies about.

*Canadian sent to Syria sues US over rendition policy | csmonitor.com
**U.S. Heading For Financial Trouble?, Comptroller Says Medicare Program Endangers Financial Stability - CBS News
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41709 wrote:
You know I've been reading some of the things the Ron Paul supports have been saying and they've really turned me on to a new way of thinking.

The FBI monitors suspected terrorists and for national security reasons can't disclose every last detail during ongoing investigations. So they suspect the FBI is making things up to scare us.

The president says there aren't any secret torture prisons, and there isn't any proof of them. But the lack of proof that they exist has caused allot of these Ron Paulers, and liberals, to think that maybe in reality they're all over the place, doing unspeakable things. And the fact that there isn't any proof proves it's being covered up.

When asked for any proof on any of this the same response it always given "I can't prove it, it's a cover up, I'm suspicious"

Consider Ron Paul's foreign policy...

He wants us completlely out of the Mid East tomorrow, but so does Bin Laden...

He wants to destroy the FBI/CIA... but so does Bin Laden...

He says that Bush committed a crime by going to war with Iraq, Iran says the same thing...

I dunno, it's all to much coincidence for me. It HAS to mean that Ron Paul is in fact, an Al Qaeda operative! I can't prove it, I'm actually suspicious that maybe the proof may have been covered up. And that Hillary Clinton is also on their side, drawing away GOP voters so she can win the election. She would also pull us out of the region, just seems like more proof to me that the Dem's, Bin Laden, and Ron Paul are all working together to destroy the War on Terror so that America can be destroyed!

Ron Paul... I'm onto you :beat:

there is no hope for you :wtf:
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
and that's from a Hilary supporter.. lol
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
A Hillary supporter says I'm hopeless? I cannot remeber the last time I felt this proud!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
haha flattery Very Happy
mlurp

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:50 pm
@briansol,
Great thread. wow whereto start first. I was looking at our Constitution the other day freeman15. Section 8 covers this and also TAXES!
NARA | The National Archives Experience

While a little bit earlier I was watching the History Channel on Irans's President it was his Biggraphy and his growth from no where to President, which is really a puppet to the Surpreme (something) Holy council. And even though it was from 2006, it backs up Silverchild79 statement, I Quote: but the fact is if we go through with his plans in the Middle East we will be attacked again and Iran could very well spark WWIII, that isn't an option either. End Quote. The speaker was worried about Iran, starting WWIII as the Iran President told the UN leader American won WWII but Iran will win WWIII. Now that is something to consider in the face of his other anti American remarks.
I do believe all the hype about our Dem Hopefulls flip flopping on thre War was because they did vote to allow Bush to decide to go to war!
Now please re-read this and the links before replying with the typicall crap, please!
And by the way Great Post Silverchild79 and just as great replies from each poster so far.
may each of you Have A Nice day...........:-)
Oh by the way I watched Lewis Black, again the other night. Just gotta love the guy!
92b16vx

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quite frankly Silver, you support Juliannie, a cousin *******, cross-dressing, anti-gun, pro-abortion, no family values, one trick pony, who's own kids don't even support him, nothing more really needs to be said.
mlurp

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:58 pm
@92b16vx,
Yes there is Rudy is a real political ash and a human jerk prying on the fact he was a mayor at the time something big happened in his town, like he solved it all. But then most of the hopefuls and Bush did the same.
When is Rudy going to N.O. and solve their problems?
And right now theSituation Room is sayin gsomething about ET's and Rudy but I missed it. But it will be on again.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:02 pm
@Silverchild79,
hey don't blame Rudy, it isn't his Fault Mayor Ray Nagin can't do his job

you guys are just mad because I broke your toy
92b16vx

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:05 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41765 wrote:
hey don't blame Rudy, it isn't his Fault Mayor Ray Nagin can't do his job

you guys are just mad because I broke your toy

Broke what toy? LOL, you think that juvenile doodoo means anything? You still haven't the grasp of Ron Pauls foreign policy, you just regurgatate what morons like Hannity belch from their infected bowls.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:06 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41757 wrote:
Great thread. wow whereto start first. I was looking at our Constitution the other day freeman15. Section 8 covers this and also TAXES!
NARA | The National Archives Experience

While a little bit earlier I was watching the History Channel on Irans's President it was his Biggraphy and his growth from no where to President, which is really a puppet to the Surpreme (something) Holy council. And even though it was from 2006, it backs up Silverchild79 statement, I Quote: but the fact is if we go through with his plans in the Middle East we will be attacked again and Iran could very well spark WWIII, that isn't an option either. End Quote. The speaker was worried about Iran, starting WWIII as the Iran President told the UN leader American won WWII but Iran will win WWIII. Now that is something to consider in the face of his other anti American remarks.
I do believe all the hype about our Dem Hopefulls flip flopping on thre War was because they did vote to allow Bush to decide to go to war!
Now please re-read this and the links before replying with the typicall crap, please!
And by the way Great Post Silverchild79 and just as great replies from each poster so far.
may each of you Have A Nice day...........:-)
Oh by the way I watched Lewis Black, again the other night. Just gotta love the guy!

Quote:

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

So tell me, from which part of this section does Congress derive the right to cede their responsibility to declare war? Since we don't have a formal declaration of war, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are ILLEGAL. I even used your own source (you actually have to read them before using them effectively).

Here is how wars are REQUIRED to work:

Somebody attacks America (required as per the preamble)
Congress debates on what to do.
Congress, after a majority vote, levies a declaration of war against whoever attacked this country.
Congress raises, trains, and supplies the army.
Congress turns the army over to the president as says, "Kill the enemy".

Here is what HAPPENED:

Iraq pissed off America.
The president and his party stirred up a frenzy over being pissed off.
Congress authorized military action. Meaning, they gave the president the power to deploy troops when he saw fit. (NO DECLARATION OF WAR, VIOLATION OF SECTIONAL POWERS)
President deploys troops in a country depite that country never attacking the United States (VIOLATION OF THE PREAMBLE'S CALL FOR A COMMON DEFENSE)

I used your own source man.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:08 pm
@92b16vx,
I also forgot to mention that FEDUPAMERICA, suggestion to watch PBS about VP Cheney is on tomorrow night and we will know much more about who runs what..
Silverchild all my toys work find......loooooooool
mlurp

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:11 pm
@mlurp,
Freeman15, I was pointing out they are the ones who do have the right to declare war. And to raise taxes. So where do we disagree? And why not address the rest of my post as it is part of this thread. Or do you agree with me on that too?
And just a point from the same link that was posted above. Quote:Hours earlier, the House approved an identical resolution, 296-133. End Quote.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41766 wrote:
You still haven't the grasp of Ron Pauls foreign policy, you just regurgatate what morons like Hannity belch from their infected bowls.

wow man you got me nailed, Hannity makes me cringe, I'm waiting for the Camera to pan low during his show to reveal an Arm sticking out of his backside

a-like-this-a

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Silverchild79/bush.jpg
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:24 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41770 wrote:
Freeman15, I was pointing out they are the ones who do have the right to declare war. And to raise taxes. So where do we disagree? And why not address the rest of my post as it is part of this thread. Or do you agree with me on that too?
And just a point from the same link that was posted above. Quote:Hours earlier, the House approved an identical resolution, 296-133. End Quote.

I thought you were disagreeing with me (since we make a habit of it), my apologies sir.

I didn't address the rest of your post because the Iran issue is dead to me. No real evidence from any credible source exists that paints Iran as a legitimate threat to the United States.