Downtrend in Baghdad violence, further proof the surge works

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 08:33 am
FOXNews.com - U.S. Commander Says Baghdad Violence Cut by Half - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Good news from the people on the ground in Iraq
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 988 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good. How long until we can leave? This war is bankrupting us monetarily and politically, and we need to get out yesterday. I hope violence drops to zero, then we'll no longer have a reason to be there.
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 04:00 pm
@Silverchild79,

No....September was a holy month for Muslims...Christians barely stop shooting on one day in December....so the shooting was down....and over 2 million Iraqis have left the nation..and the insurgents are out of the areas of Blackwater, other contractors and the US Proper military.....

The surge is not working....Muslim holy days are!
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 06:13 pm
@Silverchild79,
Lapping up Faux "NewZ" vomit since '03.
mlurp

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:43 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40416 wrote:
Lapping up Faux "NewZ" vomit since '03.

Real intelligent. Where do you get your news? Or are you supporting Fox News. Sorry I haven't been here long enough to know.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 03:41 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;40679 wrote:
Real intelligent. Where do you get your news? Or are you supporting Fox News. Sorry I haven't been here long enough to know.

I look at multiple news outlets. Generally if you look at the extremes of the news spectrum, the truth is somewehre in the middle.
mlurp

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 04:14 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40700 wrote:
I look at multiple news outlets. Generally if you look at the extremes of the news spectrum, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I do the same so I don't knock any of the popular news outlets. i was just wondering. thanks for the simple and straight forth answer.

And some where between Freeman15 and Whatever lies the truth. Good read Silverchild79, thanks. Now back to the Colts game. kansas City lost!
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
LOL!

Fox News is HARDLY a reliable news source.

NOTHING that bush has done has ever worked. He is a disgrace to the American flag and its people. His entire term, especially his Iraq debacle has been nothing but a disaster.
0 Replies

RedOct

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:02 am
@Silverchild79,
I think it's more the cash working than surge working. They are buying up alliances of tribal chiefs. That's usually the job of the CIA before a war takes place, which it didn't do as well in Iraq as it did with Afghan warlords.
0 Replies