New Intelligence Assessment released on Iraq

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:29 am
FOXNews.com - Intelligence Assessment Suggests Now Is Not Time to Change Mission in Iraq - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

discuss
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 687 • Replies: 11
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:50 am
@Silverchild79,

so just how long do you think that the US should keep the 150,000 plus troops in iraq ? how many casualities will it take before you leave ?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
link for the pdf file. http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/August_2007_Iraq_NIE_KJs.pdf
Quote:
so just how long do you think that the US should keep the 150,000 plus troops in iraq ?
IMO we will never fully leave.
Quote:
how many casualities will it take before you leave ?

We never fully left Germany or Japan or Korea or most any other country we were successful at so what makes you think we will leave this one?
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:32 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;32552 wrote:
so just how long do you think that the US should keep the 150,000 plus troops in iraq ? how many casualities will it take before you leave ?

Didn't you see my thread about Iraq by the numbers?

If casualty on the scale we've seen in Iraq if unacceptable then the military should completely outlaw driving, alchool, & training because across the total force we lose more then 2.2 people a day to those things.

If you're growing a new plant to don't remove the stick which hold it upright until it can hold it's own weight, different kind of thing we're growing here, but the same logic applies

and BTW casualties in July were the lowest of any month in 07, the surge works, how long should we have 150,000 there? Not a day longer, I want another 50,000
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:35 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32557 wrote:
IMO we will never fully leave.We never fully left Germany or Japan or Korea or most any other country we were successful at so what makes you think we will leave this one?

exactly, the only country we've left totally is Vietnam, and Genocide ensued. Eventually America presence in the middle east will be a good thing, the US air force bases in Suffolk county UK were the best thing that ever happened to the local economy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
You can't say vietnam and Iraq in the same sentence these days, the MSM says it not a fair comparison anymore, only when they say it to equate Iraq to a quagmire, LOL
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Yup, it was the left who initially made the connection

then some smart repbulican came up with the idea to say "well if we leave then there would be genocide just like Iraq, (which is actually a logical observation conisdering the region)"

since then you haven't heard anybody on the left really try to compare iraq with Vietname

infact watch interviews with Harry Ried where he's asked about it, he gets so mad you'd think somebody was asking Cheney if he was going hunting...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
I saw one vid on Reid and he almost flipped out. He had to leave to podium.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well the left love investing the taxpayer's money in useless social programs for a life time so why not waste it in Iraq for twenty years?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 07:20 am
@Silverchild79,
As a former intel guy myself, I don't trust politically messaged or motivated, strategic intel reports. I support the war only because it directly confronts and kills much of Terrorist Islam. I believe the West should remain at war with Islam, until the end of human time. Yes, I am a 'Crusader'. I AM OPPOSED TO ISLAM.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
Wait, so the consensus among the neocons on this board is "no withdrawl ever"? We can barely afford out NORMAL federal budget, let alone one that includes an occupying force in the middle east INDEFINITELY. Ignoring the ethical and logistical problems with your ideology, how do you plan to PAY for these new bases and consulates? Iraqi oil? Last I checked, they weren't pumping a whole hell of a lot of that. Oh, and would not exploiting the resources of another country through force of arms be imperialism?

Ignoring ideology, WE CAN'T AFFORD THIS. Our national defecit and debt grow daily, how can this war be sustained? How?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:36 am
@Silverchild79,
Got a link to the actual report? I prefer to read these things myself not get Faux "NewZ"™ version.

Freeman, simply put, we can not sustain it. Of course I don't assume that a society that thinks because they have a piece of plastic in their wallet that they actually have money, or because a bank will mortgage them for the rest of their lives to understand that, or the consequences. Not to mention the human cost, and the cost of exhausting our military. Hell, we had about 30 guys in my company alone leave because the war is BS. The **** we saw over there is ridiculous, not to mention we were replaced by some guys going on their fourth tours, and this was two years ago.
0 Replies