ron paul releases financial plan

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 01:50 pm
Quote:

The Four-Point Plan

1. Tax Reform: Reduce the tax burden and eliminate taxes that punish investment and savings, including job-killing corporate taxes.
2. Spending Reform: Eliminate wasteful spending. Reduce overseas commitments. Freeze all non-defense, non-entitlement spending at current levels.
3. Monetary Policy Reform: Expand openness at the Federal Reserve and require the Fed to televise its meetings. Return value to our money.
4. Regulatory Reform: Repeal Sarbanes/Oxley regulations that push companies to seek capital outside of US markets. Stop restricting community banks from fostering local economic growth.

more:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,879 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 02:25 pm
@briansol,
Quote:
Eliminate wasteful spending.

Highly controversial, isn't he?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:37 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51461 wrote:
Highly controversial, isn't he?

I'm sure he will start with his own earmarks first?
Drakej

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:44 pm
@briansol,
Which Earmarks would those be?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:35 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;51540 wrote:

Ron Paul is a paragon of virtue and has never done anything but fight against earmarks.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:53 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;51540 wrote:

Are you another one of those that doesn't have a clue how government works, but likes to try throwing around some other moron that doesn't know eithers attempt at a "gotcha"? :beat:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:56 pm
@briansol,
Personally, I think he's Drnaline again.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:59 pm
@briansol,
You mean spamming, and ending statements with a question mark? If it is, his cover won't last long.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:09 pm
@briansol,
Quote:
You mean spamming, and ending statements with a question mark?

The question mark is actually what made me think of that.

But grammar isn't exactly the most popular hobby on the internet anyway.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 06:12 am
@briansol,
Hey.....I actually listened to the guy the other night and liked what he said. Still, voting for him is a waste.:no:
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:50 am
@briansol,
It isn't a waste if you really like the guy. I am not going to comprise and vote for someone just because, I am voting for the person I think is best suited for the job.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 04:38 pm
@briansol,
Sorry, Drake, as correct as your reasoning is, he will not be awarded with the nomination. After viewing the debates, it is obvious at this point. In my view, your best course now is to pick the candidate that is CLOSEST in character to your views AND has a chance of winning the nomination and presidency. Sorry to say, that is not Ron Paul.

You have to know that a vote for him will ultimately be a wasted vote.

For me now, the challenge is defeating the Clintons. Period.
Drakej

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 05:25 pm
@briansol,
Socal I understand what you are saying but if I vote for the candidate that I like best and believe in I will know that I did not help elect a bad president. I really do not like voting for someone just because of the letter next to there name. I am not implying that anyone here does such a thing and I am not saying you are wrong either. It is just my view on the situation.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 05:34 pm
@briansol,
Drake, I wouldn't suggest that you vote for someone because of the letter next to their name. Only suggesting that you choose the most viable candidate that most closely represents your opinions.

Politics is all about compromise.

Your vote is to important to waste.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 09:30 pm
@socalgolfguy,
Voting along party lines is foolish.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:18 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51620 wrote:
Sorry, Drake, as correct as your reasoning is, he will not be awarded with the nomination. After viewing the debates, it is obvious at this point. In my view, your best course now is to pick the candidate that is CLOSEST in character to your views AND has a chance of winning the nomination and presidency. Sorry to say, that is not Ron Paul.

You have to know that a vote for him will ultimately be a wasted vote.

For me now, the challenge is defeating the Clintons. Period.

People like you are why our system sucks. People that refuse to do what's right because they fear it doing no good. Too many people let someone else tell them who is the better candidate. Personaly, in three years, I will not look back and know I was party to electing Klinton, or one of the big three RINOs masquerading as republicans.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:30 am
@briansol,
RP's ideology should serve as seed of a new political party.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:31 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;51688 wrote:
People like you are why our system sucks. People that refuse to do what's right because they fear it doing no good. Too many people let someone else tell them who is the better candidate. Personaly, in three years, I will not look back and know I was party to electing Klinton, or one of the big three RINOs masquerading as republicans.

So, vote your heart.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:19 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;51697 wrote:
RP's ideology should serve as seed of a new political party.

it already exists... it's called libertarian.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:21 am
@briansol,
Libertarians are too fringe to ever have any real effect on politics. Decisions are not MADE, they are AGREED. It's handled through a process of collaboration and compromise. Political combatants give and take until agreements are made. No one ever gets all they want. The fringe elements are absolutely powerless. Sorry to say it, but we all know it. We just enjoy bitching about how little power we actually have.
0 Replies