• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,216 • Replies: 48
No top replies

briansol

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:19 pm
@briansol,
in all seriousness, what a joke a of a program. this isn't going to fix the economy.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:08 pm
@briansol,
This time of year is a pretty crappy time to give people money. Most people went over their budget for the holidays so most of the money is probably going to go towards current debt.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:20 am
@Drakej,
Drakej;51413 wrote:
This time of year is a pretty crappy time to give people money. Most people went over their budget for the holidays so most of the money is probably going to go towards current debt.

That's probably what they are hoping. Banks between banks and their predatory lending, and artfically low interest rates making it so every Tom, Dick, and Harry can pretend they can take out loans that they actually can't afford, and then putting all their Christmas presents on credit at ridiculous interest rates.
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:50 am
@briansol,
How can I open a savings account in Euro's?
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:27 am
@briansol,
This money is nothing compared to the billions America send out in to other countries in aid, I think it about time we(Americans) got some of that money back..
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:22 am
@briansol,
I remember Bush's last stimulus plan, I received a fantastic check in the amount of $400 (A few dollars more). I was happy, was able to get my POS car up and running again. Tax season comes about the following year, I file my taxes, and that $400 was taken out my return...
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:10 am
@klyph,
klyph;51427 wrote:

Move.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:15 am
@briansol,
What i don't understand it when bush did it, it was a bad idea. Now that the dems want it, it's now a good idea?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 12:10 am
@klyph,
klyph;51427 wrote:

I hear they have some good banks in switzerland! Very Happy
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 05:27 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;51434 wrote:
I remember Bush's last stimulus plan, I received a fantastic check in the amount of $400 (A few dollars more). I was happy, was able to get my POS car up and running again. Tax season comes about the following year, I file my taxes, and that $400 was taken out my return...

C'mon - a sharp guy like you with a POS car..? No way.
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 06:50 pm
@socalgolfguy,
The recent editorial cartoons on this are making me laugh. Only Bush could inspire people to criticizef, for no good reason, a plan whereby they get money.
92b16vx

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 08:07 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51635 wrote:
The recent editorial cartoons on this are making me laugh. Only Bush could inspire people to criticizef, for no good reason, a plan whereby they get money.

Even people that are getting the hand-out are capable of forming the opinion that it is not a good idea. I get a very health tax return every year, and am all for Ron Pauls plan to dismantle the IRS.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:38 pm
@briansol,
Dismantling the IRS would be the grandest and most daunting task ever undertaken by America. What do you, any of you suggest as an alternative?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:54 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51746 wrote:
Dismantling the IRS would be the grandest and most daunting task ever undertaken by America. What do you, any of you suggest as an alternative?

Bowing up the IRS? It's a lot quicker and more fun to watch!

------
Get ya marsh-mellows out folks, we gonna have a roast tonite!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:12 am
@briansol,
it's quite simple, really. stop collecting taxes from the paychecks, and its over from the non-corprate arena. business taxes can slowly work in after that.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 08:46 am
@briansol,
So what would the payroll taxes on the corporate side be if we removed payroll tax from the employee?

Not many of you may know this, but whatever comes out of your check to the feds, the company just about matches.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:30 am
@briansol,
Do you favor use fees? In other words, if I use the library or go to a public beach, should I pay a fee each time..?
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 01:40 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51881 wrote:
Do you favor use fees? In other words, if I use the library or go to a public beach, should I pay a fee each time..?

Should you not contribute to a society that has provided you with a job?
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:16 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;51901 wrote:
Should you not contribute to a society that has provided you with a job?

Ryan, your question has nothing to do with my question.