Huckabee is a religious nutcase

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 10:31 pm
Yes, now Mr. Preacher wants to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION to make it more 'god-friendly'.

The Raw Story | Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

So much for seperation of church and state.

I don't care who you support, but for the love of the constitution, keep this nutbag out of the presidency. Can i get an AMEN?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,968 • Replies: 34
No top replies

hatukazi

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:17 pm
@briansol,
AMEN!

i was under the impression that it took more than the word of the Pres. to amend the constitution though.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
@briansol,
It does^ so what's the big deal? If the states and Congress go along with it, I'd be shocked, and then it would be more or less justified, wouldn't it? Since when did anyone like Huckabee, anyway?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 11:43 am
@briansol,
Personally, I see nothing fundamentally wrong with a well rounded liberal arts education that includes religious studies. I think the lack of a moral foundation that religion teaches is missing in us. We do not trust our neighbors, much less our government for their lack of honor and dignity.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:53 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50896 wrote:
Personally, I see nothing fundamentally wrong with a well rounded liberal arts education that includes religious studies. I think the lack of a moral foundation that religion teaches is missing in us. We do not trust our neighbors, much less our government for their lack of honor and dignity.

Morality is neither a lack or presence of religious teachings.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I believe the framers of the constitution left the word "god" out of the constitution for a very specific reason, if only Huckabee would respect that.

the debate about the absence of the word "god" in the constitution was settled between the federalists and the anti-federalists long ago.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:16 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;50909 wrote:

Well, all religious teaching are fundamentally rooted in morality, without exception. It's free will that determines whether it is followed or not. In your case, a moral foundation was unsupported by religion but you found it anyway, I suspect.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:26 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50935 wrote:
Well, all religious teaching are fundamentally rooted in morality, without exception. It's free will that determines whether it is followed or not. In your case, a moral foundation was unsupported by religion but you found it anyway, I suspect.

Morality is something taught by parents, it can be taught with or without religion but it is not the business of government to try to teach religious-based morality, there shall be a wall of seperation between the church and the state as dictated by the framers.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:36 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;50945 wrote:
Morality is something taught by parents, it can be taught with or without religion but it is not the business of government to try to teach religious-based morality, there shall be a wall of seperation between the church and the state as dictated by the framers.

Let me ask you something, if you do not mind, about your signature line that begins "The Greatest Threat...", do you disagree that freedom without personal discipline leads to anarchy?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 04:51 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50948 wrote:
Let me ask you something, if you do not mind, about your signature line that begins "The Greatest Threat...", do you disagree that freedom without personal discipline leads to anarchy?

that's actually a very interesting question.

anarchry is really just the absence of government, government either exists in a given region or it doesn't, our personal descipline really has nothing to do with it, but the power of laws comes from people's willingness to follow them. So the absence of personal discipline may lead to chaos which has become a synonym for anarchy over the years.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 08:18 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;50909 wrote:

Then from where do you get your morality????? Don't tell me from just wanting to be nice to people. That won't cut it. Man, absent Judeo-Christian concepts of God, is crap.:FU1:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 08:37 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50968 wrote:
Then from where do you get your morality????? Don't tell me from just wanting to be nice to people. That won't cut it. Man, absent Judeo-Christian concepts of God, is crap.:FU1:

Morality comes from nature, it comes originally from necessity. Why is it that nearly every culture on earth feels murder is wrong, lying is wrong, stealing is wrong? Morality is not just something these people just make up, it is based on their needs and where you see the moral code is similar then that means the needs are also similar.

religion is not the basis of morality but rather the interpretations of already existing morality.
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 08:43 am
@briansol,
Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release - Politics on The Huffington Post

Huckabee and his supporters think that women who are raped "got what they deserved" He even went as far as to say that this man was probably innocent, despite the many women who accused him of rape, and despite the fact that he was found guilty multiple times of violent crimes. However I am sure he thinks anyone who smokes herb should be put in jail for a long time. This is a sick sick man.

Don't believe me Click herefor a sample of Huckabee's supporters

Now I am not a big Ron Paul supporter, but with all the uproar about his nazi supporters, we should hold all candidates to the same standard, and Huckabee's supporters are an insane bunch.

Some samples from the above link

Quote:
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to question the faith of a follower of Huck. We are the true believers in this messed up, sinful world. Mike will lead us to the promised land of a nation led by christian principles.....and if you've got a problem with that, then Mike'll have you thrown in jail.....atheists don't belong in this country! Send them to GITMO!!!!

Quote:

Why do you worry about this woman? This was our Lord's plan for her, and who are we to question that?

Quote:
It doesn't say anything against raping in the Bible.

Sick, sick, sick
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 09:40 am
@briansol,
That seems like it's just a lot of tongue in cheek humor to me.^

Maybe you should read more closely before you go on a rant. Just look at the users' names, for a start.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:55 am
@briansol,
Anyone that thinks the earth is only 6000 years old doesn't have the mental faculties to lead a petting zoo, much less a country. And people think Ron Paul is crazy, Huckabee is a religious looney to the nth degree.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
@92b16vx,
Have we ever had a president that wasn't openly christian?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:36 pm
@briansol,
theres nothing wrong with being openly Christian.
the problem is homeboy wants to put his Christian thoughts into the constitution...

didn't we come to America in the first place to ESCAPE religious persecution?
hatukazi

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:59 pm
@briansol,
then we fought a war to escape a corrupt money system.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:48 pm
@briansol,
The people who support Huckabee are like him, and good luck getting them away from the beliefs they're entrenched in.

Much like everyone here, I might add.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:22 pm
@briansol,
briansol;51023 wrote:
theres nothing wrong with being openly Christian.
the problem is homeboy wants to put his Christian thoughts into the constitution...

didn't we come to America in the first place to ESCAPE religious persecution?

I completely agree with you! :thumbup:

I really don't care if a presidental canidate is christian, muslim, jewish, Hindu or any other religion as long as they aren't trying to change the constitution so that their religion takes preceedence....which Huckabee seems to be doing.
0 Replies