breaking news: rice files sanctions against iran

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:49 pm
@briansol,
Dinejad is laughing his ass off, watching sanctions flounder all over the place while his techies work harder and faster to come up with nukes, soon.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 08:48 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;43717 wrote:
So will the wave of terrorist bombing western cultures suffer from us continuing to bomb and destroy middle eastern countries.

This is a very very good point. It is a huge catch 22. We cannot appear weak yet we cannot run around injecting democracy into every other country that we consider "Third World". In the past few weeks I have done a lot of reading and hard thinking on where I stand with our policies and procedures. After seeing what is happening in Iraq and how badly there people do not want us there, is it really worth it? I agree that Iran should be watched, as should China and N. Korea. But by screwing with there country and there way of life we are going to piss them off and those that sympathize with them.

I have seen it posted many times on here, but I think it bears repeating. What would you do? What would you do if another country decided that they are going to cut your countries cash flow? So you and your family couldn't eat, or afford to take your children to the hospital? As a true patriot you would stand up and fight. However you saw fit you would fight until the end. I would imagine for Iran it is more worth while to support terrorist organizations than it is to do business with the western world. Why don't we work towards changing that mentality?

That is the big problem here, no one wants to play ball. We are experiencing it with our up coming presidential race. For the western world being so evolved and grown up we sure do act like little kids. At least in the far east and middle east they have respect for no another. They know there are rules that must be followed and that is why for so many centuries they have survived. There has always been war in the middle east, but there has always been war in Africa as well. But some how they have not erased each other. And I honestly believe now that it wasn't the all mighty Fist of the USA that keeps everyone in line.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 06:14 pm
@briansol,
I want President Tom slow-roasted over a Mojave bbq-pit.
0 Replies