Bush - Worst president in history

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
Quote:

"The worst president in our lifetime" is how many Americans view George W. Bush.

But Bush is not merely the worst president in recent memory. He's the worst in all US history. And he's won the distinction not on a weakness or two, but in at least nine separate categories, giving him a triple trifecta.

It's a record unmatched by any previous president.

Let's count the ways:

read more: The Free Press -- Independent News Media - Harvey Wasserman
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,301 • Replies: 43
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:45 am
@briansol,
Brian, this has to be posted...

Quote:
TRIFECTA ONE: Economy, Environment, Education

Economy:
Until now, Herbert Hoover has been the president most closely associated with economic disaster. He presided over the 1929 stock crash, and choked while the economy collapsed around him.

Bush did not preside over the 2000 Nasdaq crash. But he's turned the biggest federal surplus into history's biggest deficit, which a nervous global banking community sees as a potential weapon of mass fiscal destruction. Bush has lost more jobs than Hoover. A top Bush advisor has called outsourcing "just a new way of doing international trade."

Bush has achieved the economic trifecta by simultaneously collapsing the dollar while gutting the industrial infrastructure and running up gargantuan trade deficits. Even GOP conservatives are petrified over a Bush Blowout that could make the 1930s seem a time of widespread prosperity. With Vice President Dick Cheney saying "deficits don't matter," the administration has introduced a form of "kamikaze economics" entirely new to the American presidency.

Environment:
Bush's "No Tree Left Standing" attack on Mother Earth has transcended even Ronald Reagan's all-out anti-green assault. More people will ultimately die from the resulting climate chaos, toxic emissions and other eco-fallout than from anything Al Queda could imagine.

Simply put, Bush has trashed not only eco-progress dating back to Richard Nixon, but also the achievements of both Roosevelts, scorching the earth all the way back to US Grant and Yellowstone, our first national park, now being Bushwhacked.

Education:
Bush's "No Child Left Behind" scam has imposed massive new costs on state and local school systems with no tangible payback. Even Utah has just said no. Even Reagan's slash and burn of public education has been trumped by an administration for whom the three R's are "Religion, Reaction, and Revelations."

TRIFECTA TWO: Corruption, Constitution, Global Contempt

Corruption:
Until Bush, the friends of Warren G. Harding were the kings of White House sleaze. Nixon and Reagan's made a serious challenge. But with Enron, Halliburton, Bechtel and other Bush funders profiting from the slaughter in Iraq and the decimation of the electric grid and the natural environment, W has captured the crown of public theft.

Constitution:
Richard Nixon's repressive attack on the Vietnam anti-war movement outstripped even the Red Scare excesses of Woodrow Wilson after World War I and those of John Adams after the Revolution. But Bush and Attorney-General John Ashcroft have shredded the Bill of Rights with unprecedented glee. From the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and an escalated drug war, Bush has become George Orwell's Big Brother, making Nixon look like a civil libertarian.

Global Contempt:
American presidents from Washington to Lincoln to FDR to JFK have been loved around the world. Jimmy Carter, now an ambassador for peace, may have excited the most global contempt by preaching human rights while embracing the brutal Shah of Iran.

But no American president has incited such worldwide hatred as George W. Bush. He has turned the global sympathy from the 9/11 terror attacks into inexpressible rage over the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq, his contempt for the United Nations and his cynical, uncaring arrogance and global ignorance. By blatantly lying to both the United Nations and in the State of the Union, and then unleashing brutal violence, Bush has become the most polarizing president in US history abroad as well as at home.

TRIFECTA THREE: Military madness, Messianic delusion, Macho Matricide

Military Madness:
About a dozen US presidents served in the armed forces. Three---Washington, Grant and Eisenhower---are among history's greatest generals. None ever advocated attacking countries that have not attacked us. All honored the firewall between military and civilian rule by avoiding wearing a military uniform while in office.

Bush trashed that tradition with his infamous flight suit. Bill Clinton occupied the short list of presidents known to have dodged the draft. But with an entire cabinet of chickenhawks, Bush gets the Congressional medal for having used his wealth and connections to avoid military service, for likely having gone AWOL and for lying about having ever been in combat. None has heaped such hypocritical praise on American soldiers while slashing their benefits.

Messianic Delusion:
Presidents from Washington to Lincoln to the Roosevelts to Reagan have invoked the name of God. Only Bush claims to speak directly to Him and for Him. Only Bush claims to have been elected by Him (the American people certainly didn't do it).

At least since the witch trials of Salem in the 1690s, no other president has ever attempted to impose his personal religion on the nation---or world---as has Bush.

Macho Matricide:
Ronald Reagan ostensibly opposed a women's right to choose, but did little about it. Ditto George H.W. Bush.

But W. has launched an unprecedented crusade against women's rights, affirmative action and a whole range of social legislation supporting equality between the races, genders, communities of preference and classes.

Much more could be said. These modest nine points omit Bush's attacks on organized labor, health insurance, retirement benefits, renewable energy and much much more.

But if you ever have a pinge of doubt about Shrub being the worst president ever, just repeat the phrase "Triple Trifecta" three times. Then go out and organize, organize, organize.

Anytime a president hits a triple trifecta of failure, it should be posted.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:46 am
@briansol,
sorry, he doesn't trump Andrew Jackson who commited Native American Genocide and shot a man on the white house lawn for opposing him

Andrew Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:53 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41948 wrote:
sorry, he doesn't trump Andrew Jackson who commited Native American Genocide and shot a man on the white house lawn for opposing him

Yea, he does. Bringing the greatest nation to verge of military, and financial collapse beats genocide.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:10 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41952 wrote:
Yea, he does. Bringing the greatest nation to verge of military, and financial collapse beats genocide.

Puh-leeze. Dubya has affected far more lives, negatively, than any other President in history. He'll take that to his grave.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41963 wrote:
Puh-leeze. Dubya has affected far more lives, negatively, than any other President in history. He'll take that to his grave.

What do you mean puleeeze? I said that samething.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:41 pm
@Silverchild79,

Thats because no one can get to the white house lawn anymore or else NO DOUBT this idiot cowboy surely would.
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 05:05 pm
@briansol,
Hmmm, interesting Bush is definantly in the running, but Lincoln, FDR and Jackson do come to mind.

After more thought, I guess though Bush has screwed up much more than just America, which none of the others have to the same extent. His destruction cannot be contained by our borders. But I would say that it's more that we have the more corruption in the entire system than ever before. In other times an insane man like Bush would have been reined in by the legislature and the judicial branches, but it is a pervasive kind of evil these days, coupled with a very lazy electorate.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:53 pm
@Silverchild79,

Wrong that is your opinion. many others count every trooper killed, wounded and disabled with mental problems his fault. And his white house lawn speads to Iraq.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 12:07 am
@Silverchild79,

So, forcibly relocating 45,000+ native Americans is "genocide"? Granted the 4,000ish killed on the "Trail of Tears" while sad, and uncalled for was pretty lame, is not genocide.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:43 am
@briansol,
he also forced people to accept treaties they didn't sign, Bush only forced Saddam to follow treaties he did sign.

your politics are phenomenal

"Bush is the worst president ever because I want him to be, while I have no substantial proof I do have paranoia"

give me a break
92b16vx

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:51 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42080 wrote:
he also forced people to accept treaties they didn't sign, Bush only forced Saddam to follow treaties he did sign.

"Bush is the worst president ever because I want him to be, while I have no substantial proof I do have paranoia"

give me a break

I'd say your agologist attitude for Bush is getting in the way of rational thinking, calling tragically bad policy, and forced relocation genocide. I understand being a Bush apologist can be a fulltime job, but it is just sad you have to make stuff up.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:18 am
@briansol,
I'm not an apologist for Bush, in fact I wouldn't vote for him again, wouldn't defend is lack of strategy for the peace keeping mission (although his initial strike was flawless), and wouldn't defend his inability to get Iraq's government moving. Although that can't be placed soley on him.

What's getting in your way of rational thinking is the need to demonize him. He's moderately incompetent, he's not Hitler and he certainly isn't the worst President ever. He's a sub par president during one of the most challenging times in US history.

The entire logic path on this "theory" that Bush is evil and has an IQ of 3 is build on spin and conspiracy theory. I just refuse to sensationalize anything agenda driven and consider the current situation based on fact alone.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:17 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42080 wrote:

give me a break

AGAIN, thats just your opinion son. You have NO PROOF whatsoever.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:18 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42087 wrote:
I'm not an apologist for Bush, in fact I wouldn't vote for him again,

You COULDN'T if you wanted to. C'mon man you can do better than that to "defend your position."
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:30 am
@briansol,
you understand what I meant, if he was able to be re elected again he wouldn't get my vote
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:42 am
@Silverchild79,
Bush is a joke figure all over the world :thumbdown:
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:50 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42087 wrote:
I'm not an apologist for Bush, in fact I wouldn't vote for him again, wouldn't defend is lack of strategy for the peace keeping mission (although his initial strike was flawless), and wouldn't defend his inability to get Iraq's government moving. Although that can't be placed soley on him.

What's getting in your way of rational thinking is the need to demonize him. He's moderately incompetent, he's not Hitler and he certainly isn't the worst President ever. He's a sub par president during one of the most challenging times in US history.

The entire logic path on this "theory" that Bush is evil and has an IQ of 3 is build on spin and conspiracy theory. I just refuse to sensationalize anything agenda driven and consider the current situation based on fact alone.

Stop "window dressing" dog poo. He is absolutely, "hands down", the worst, most arrogant, corrupt, incompetent president, ever.
He is even a fake cowboy...afraid of horses... at times, falsely portraying the image of a rancher, a businessman, a governor, and now a president.
Dick Cheney has been the de facto president, since the beginning.
He's too stupid to be evil, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have the capacity to be evil ( I think his whole family is, but that's just me). Dick Cheney is evil, and he's the one pulling the strings.
Stop being an apologist for Bush...because it cannot be done...and besides, what is the point?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:53 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42098 wrote:
you understand what I meant, if he was able to be re elected again he wouldn't get my vote

i would F**kin hope not :eek:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 12:33 pm
@briansol,
and check it out, another Bogus source site! you guys fail
0 Replies