• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 843 • Replies: 17
No top replies

briansol

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:23 am
@briansol,
from the article:

Quote:
The web video, released Monday by Brave New Films, alleges that during his administration Giuliani failed to equip the FDNY with adequate, let alone functioning, communication equipment. That in turn created massive problems on 9/11 and may have contributed to the unnecessary deaths of dozens of servicemen.

"What did Mr. Giuliani do [about faulty radios]?" Al Santora, the retired Chief of Safety for FDNY whose son died on 9/11, asks in one of the film's most poignant moments. "He had eight years. He did nothing to correct that situation... We got people dead as a result."
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:52 am
@briansol,
A one trick pony, who's trick sucks.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:26 pm
@briansol,
I was in the military for six years and never once had what I would call a reliable radio

that's an extreme conclusion. You act like Rudy forgot to hit Radio Shack on the way home and pick up walkie talkies

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/21/us/politics/21giuliani.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:28 pm
@briansol,
HAHA, you talking about biased media on Foxnews and then this? I wondered why you didn't actually post a link to to the site

The REAL Rudy: Radios

well I'm this this isn't biased
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:34 pm
@briansol,
By the way that site is a front for bravenewfilms.org

which also is anti free market

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

supports NHC

HR 676 (Conyers) | Guaranteed Healthcare

And supports John Edwards

John Edwards for President-Hey Democrats: Throw the Bums Out

nice "source" B
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:35 pm
@briansol,
and a slew of Liberal, anti free market causes

Do Something! at Brave New Films
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41968 wrote:
I was in the military for six years and never once had what I would call a reliable radio

that's an extreme conclusion. You act like Rudy forgot to hit Radio Shack on the way home and pick up walkie talkies

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/21/us/politics/21giuliani.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Before becoming a M-60 gunner I was the Lt. RTO and a prick 26 was junk. But that was in 1967-68
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41970 wrote:
By the way that site is a front for bravenewfilms.org

which also is anti free market

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

supports NHC

HR 676 (Conyers) | Guaranteed Healthcare

And supports John Edwards

John Edwards for President-Hey Democrats: Throw the Bums Out

nice "source" B

The source doesn't matter if the information is correct. Rudy is a one trick pony whos antics as a mayor, and dereliction of duty did not provide the best equipment nescessary to the cities firefighters, causing lose of life during the 9/11 attacks.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:58 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;42005 wrote:
The source doesn't matter if the information is correct.

thanks, I'll be using that

and Rudy's antics as Mayor included

lower taxes
lower crime
a balanced budget

I could go on, the proof is in the pudding and the numbers don't lie
92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 05:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42008 wrote:

lower taxes
lower crime
a balanced budget

If you post something to the contrary, something along the lines of him actually making sure that the firefighters had usable equipment, and made sure it was the best the budget could get, than ok.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 05:05 pm
@briansol,
and you CAN'T post that Guliani wasn't effective in office becuase that's a numerically probable lie

I'm sure the Mayor of New York is not the primary resource advisor for the Fire Department, they have people that handle that. You gonna blame him becuase the vending machine at the plice department ran out of hostess doughnuts next?

but your post made your real point loud and clear, you stand by sources like this and blast fox news. Your definition of credable news is whatever agress with you, kthnx
mlurp

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42008 wrote:

lower taxes
lower crime
a balanced budget

That was as mayor. As president he just won't work like the Hillary waste.
They will bow down to those who run things already.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:57 pm
@briansol,
Most of the modern radio systems can be classed as junk within a few months of issue. Ours here at our company are brand new and junk. Actually the network they operate on is junk.
The main communication problems during 911 were that Fire, Police, and rescue all used DIFFERENT systems and couldn't reliably communicate with each other, and you must realize that it was an extreme test of the system due to the magnitude of the attacks and the disaster created.
I am not a supporter of Rudy, but I think he performed admirably in leading the city during 911.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 11:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42013 wrote:
and you CAN'T post that Guliani wasn't effective in office becuase that's a numerically probable lie

I'm sure the Mayor of New York is not the primary resource advisor for the Fire Department, they have people that handle that. You gonna blame him becuase the vending machine at the plice department ran out of hostess doughnuts next?

but your post made your real point loud and clear, you stand by sources like this and blast fox news. Your definition of credable news is whatever agress with you, kthnx

Silver, the snack machine didn't cause men to die in a collapsing, burning building. And are you trying to say that Rudy is not responsible for making sure that the public service departments, in the city he was major of, had sufficient funding to buy lifesaving equipment? My definition of credible news is news that reports the story, not the bias. Does this website have some bias? Probably, does it make the story of prima donna, Mr. Lookatme, any less credible, nope. In case you missed it, Rudy knew that the radio did not work, this had been explained in detail in reports from 93-01, yet he made no effort to make sure that the firefighters had field tested, reliable radios. The cops had some that seemed to work, but then against, they were compliant in his public displays like hauling wallstreet criminals off the streets. Face it, he is a one trick loser, and will be worse than Bush. He has no qualifications in foreign policy whatsoever, and has shown his irresponsibilty when in charge. Seriously, what did he do after 9/11 that gives him any sort of credibility? Stand around telling people to put on mask? Wow.
briansol

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 04:16 am
@briansol,
mayor of nyc or not, a mayor is a LOCAL politician.

the next logical step is governor, or senator, or representative.... not president.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:39 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;42061 wrote:
Silver, the snack machine didn't cause men to die in a collapsing, burning building.

The point remains that Rudy wasn't the resource adviser for the FD. If Soldiers died in a similar matter, the negligence would fall to the equipment officer, or the platoon commander. Not the President, not even the General of the army. Your taking discrepancies and trying to pin them on the Rudy, anybody who takes the time to think this through, and isn't trying to push forward an agenda, knows this.

And you allying yourself with John Edwards, this website is slanted, biased, and takes liberties with the truth. But you consider it rational simply from the standpoint that they happen to agree with you. Just as you call Fox News fabricated and you have no reason to say that other then they don't agree with you.

And Rudy was a Mayor true, governors have better depth of experience usually but all presidents come from a lessor office and Rudy's leadership during hard times is remarkable. I don't want to see the experience card played by people who are voting for a man who's never even been in the Senate, hasn't lead anything. Mr Ron Paul's career is comprised of years of arguing in the lesser floor of Congress (there are hundreds reps but only 100 senators, making reps less important to the overal process per person)
92b16vx

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:43 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42079 wrote:
The point remains that Rudy wasn't the resource adviser for the FD. If Soldiers died in a similar matter, the negligence would fall to the equipment officer, or the platoon commander. Not the President, not even the General of the army. Your taking discrepancies and trying to pin them on the Rudy, anybody who takes the time to think this through, and isn't trying to push forward an agenda, knows this.

How about...no. Responsibility would fall on the chain of command from platoon leader up. When troops went into Iraq with less than adequate equipment, and body armor, Bush was nailed for his poorly planned war, and he is more insulated that a major.
0 Replies