The road from Canada to Mexico

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:26 pm
Let's discuss this proposed road through the heartland from Canada to Mexico.

pros of the road
cons of the road
security issues
tolls
new jobs for both building, maintaining, and travel services
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 797 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:31 pm
@briansol,
I suppose my cheif concern is that this road would greatly bennifet commerice for both our northern and souther neighbors, but we get the road taxes, that sucks...

Maybe if there were toll staytions for commerical vehicles using it
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 03:27 pm
@briansol,
Canadian's aren't to keen on the idea, if the Mexicans can cross the US border and flood the US with millions of illegals why in heavens name would we want that problem at our own border?

We have enough problems with un-desirables being allowed in legally as refugees.
westernmom

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 03:40 pm
@briansol,
I just have a small point to make. It seems that the liberals are the ones screaming foul about the road more than anyone and yet they are the ones that think we are un-caring hypocrites because we won't pay for health care for everyone. What's the difference?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:23 pm
@briansol,
red, the mexicans don't cross the border on roads. they hop rivers and what not where there are no roads and thus no border agents.

the same way, i can get into canada pretty easily from northern vermont. just hike 1/4 mile in the woods off a side road and walk. i don't think a road will change anything in terms of illegals
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:04 pm
@briansol,
Proposed?

Truckers protest against permission of Mexican trucks on American roads - Pravda.Ru

They are here. Get ready for you Ameros boys and girls.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:29 pm
@briansol,
naw, that's different.

the talk is of building a road that is proposed to go somewhere like this:
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:16 pm
@briansol,
I said it in that other thread, Huge Development Contracts More jobs, industry as well as lcal benefactors will sprout up to serve the road (Look at any freeway, and the gas stations and malls and mini marts and grocery stores that line them) Plus foreign money coming in remember the Canadain Dollar is 95 cents of an american.

The only real down fall I see is Taxes for us, (made up with the jobs this will provide, and NOT bushes Mcdonalds jobs (2.5million) ) This could be offset with making it a Toll Road,
and Illegals, But we arent doing much to resolve the problem as is, so let them flood we will get the good too.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:31 pm
@Red cv,
Red;35158 wrote:
Canadian's aren't to keen on the idea, if the Mexicans can cross the US border and flood the US with millions of illegals why in heavens name would we want that problem at our own border?

We have enough problems with un-desirables being allowed in legally as refugees.

Not to mention WMDs and terrorists. Horrible idea. What nation with a half a brain would do something like that while at war with international terrorism? Sounds like a Democrat initiative.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 07:28 pm
@briansol,
briansol;36230 wrote:
naw, that's different.

the talk is of building a road that is proposed to go somewhere like this:

Believe me, living in Texas, I know what it is Razz

The NAFTA Superhighway

The NAFTA Super Highway

http://www.nascocorridor.com/new_home_images/nasco_home_page_09.jpg
0 Replies