• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 709 • Replies: 6
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:55 am
@briansol,
briansol;32123 wrote:
this guy has got it right...

OMFG What a loony!!! Such a crock this guy is nuts!!! Must wear a tinfoil hat, he speaks of the crazy!!! Completely unelectable, leftist, America hating anti semite, racist, dummy, don't you knwo teh constitution is outdated, and people want to be controlled!?!?!?! Geezez!!!!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 09:04 am
@briansol,
I'd say alot of guys like this comprise his campaign base. Liberals forced to convert to gain politically! It's there same attitude about the war, they need us to lose so they gain favor.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 09:44 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32166 wrote:
I'd say alot of guys like this comprise his campaign base. Liberals forced to convert to gain politically! It's there same attitude about the war, they need us to lose so they gain favor.

Not really. The "hard" right is always blaming the "hard" left for "wanting/needing to lose", and causing moral decay. The majority of Americans are not "hard left". A lot of people would like to succeed, but see the reality of what has been going on the last four years, which is that the reasons for going to war in Iraq were BS, and it has been mismanaged from the get go. Now we are going for the hail mary to keep interest, but fact is, if you have to go for a long bomb on the 4th down in the 4th qaurter, you are reaching. Simply look at the outcry from the people when the anmesty bill almost went through, people want America to be America, and be protected, and nothing has been done to protect America. Going to war in Iraq is NOT protecting America, protecting long term oil interest, and strategical placement maybe, but securing Iraq without so much as even a meager effort to secure America itself makes it an empty gesture. Appeasement of the House of Saud, and the failure to continue going after terrorist "where they hide" and countries that harbor and support them make it an empty gesture. Pro-war advocates want everyone to believe that we are "doing good" in Iraq, my view is, we aren't doing **** if we aren't securing our own country. Make an effort to secure our country, and I might buy that we are on a real mission in Iraq.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:04 am
@briansol,
What lefty politician wants to win in Irag, they are few and far between?
Quote:
The majority of Americans are not "hard left"
Nor hard right.
Quote:
A lot of people would like to succeed, but see the reality of what has been going on the last four years, which is that the reasons for going to war in Iraq were BS
Not according to us the UN and world consensus at the time. Did you forget about Kuwait?
Quote:
and it has been mismanaged from the get go.
Give me one example of a war going according to plan?
Quote:
Now we are going for the hail mary to keep interest, but fact is, if you have to go for a long bomb on the 4th down in the 4th qaurter, you are reaching.
Says you, Patreus see's different? I think he would say he has the upper hand.
Quote:
Simply look at the outcry from the people when the anmesty bill almost went through, people want America to be America, and be protected, and nothing has been done to protect America.
So you don't think the Patriot act and our metering of internet/phone traffic hasn't accomplished anything? It's just a fluck that we haven't been attacked again?
Quote:
Going to war in Iraq is NOT protecting America,
Where do by far the largest majority of terrorists go if you want to kill Americans?
Quote:
protecting long term oil interest, and strategical placement maybe, but securing Iraq without so much as even a meager effort to secure America itself makes it an empty gesture.
In your opinion, since we haven't been attacked again since 9/11 i think opinion leans slightly my way.
Quote:
Appeasement of the House of Saud, and the failure to continue going after terrorist "where they hide" and countries that harbor and support them make it an empty gesture.
The enemy of my enemy.
Quote:
Pro-war advocates want everyone to believe that we are "doing good" in Iraq, my view is, we aren't doing **** if we aren't securing our own country.
You tell me you didn't do any good while you were there and i'll call you a liar. Any soldier i have ever asked say exactly the opposite?
Quote:
Make an effort to secure our country, and I might buy that we are on a real mission in Iraq.
So you were not on a real mission when you were there? What were you doing there then, stealing oil?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:32 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32182 wrote:
Not according to us the UN and world consensus at the time.

Last time I cared about the U.N. was...never, and no, the world consensus was to use caution in this conflict, not abandon all dimplomacy to the wind, that's why so few went in, and most of the ones that did, left almost immediately.

Quote:
Give me one example of a war going according to plan?

Mismanaged and planning, two different things.

Quote:
Says you, Patreus see's different? I think he would say he has the upper hand.

We'll see in September, hopefully the report is at least halfway honest.

Quote:
So you don't think the Patriot act and our metering of internet/phone traffic hasn't accomplished anything?

Other than give free riegn to invade our privacy? Nope. At least nothing that couldn't have been done with the agencies we already had in place.

Quote:
It's just a fluck that we haven't been attacked again?

Just a fluke we weren't attacked here in the US while Carter was President? Or Reagan?

Quote:
Where do by far the largest majority of terrorists go if you want to kill Americans?

I can' even begin to tell you how just plain silly that sounds, especially that until not too long ago (when the US death count past 2800 in Iraq) more people were killed in New York than ALL the past terrorist attacks on Americans combined.

Quote:
In your opinion, since we haven't been attacked again since 9/11 i think opinion leans slightly my way.

Carter? Reagan? Nixon?

Quote:
The enemy of my enemy.

Mistake number 1. The House of Saud is not our friend, they are our pimp.

Quote:
You tell me you didn't do any good while you were there and i'll call you a liar. Any soldier i have ever asked say exactly the opposite?

In the grand scheme of things...no. On a day to day basis, we made some lives better, but overall, no, we did not "improve" much. Of course when I was there we were just coming out of combat mode and into occupation mode. We were still shooting first and asking questions later. The elections went off, and yippy, a bunch of Iraqis voted (you know, for the guys that went on vacation while we are trying to get their country in order), now that shia we put in power are slowly becoming our enemies, while the sunni insurgents we were fighting are becoming our alllies? Strange and dangerous bedfellows buddy. Since I left secular violence has increased exponentionally, so no, up until recently, our progress has been pretty slow.

Quote:
So you were not on a real mission when you were there? What were you doing there then, stealing oil?

Oh look out, your little mind fell out again, pick up before someone steps on it.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:05 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32187 wrote:
Last time I cared about the U.N. was...never, and no, the world consensus was to use caution in this conflict, not abandon all dimplomacy to the wind, that's why so few went in, and most of the ones that did, left almost immediately.

Other than give free riegn to invade our privacy? Nope. At least nothing that couldn't have been done with the agencies we already had in place.

Just a fluke we weren't attacked here in the US while Carter was President? Or Reagan?

I can' even begin to tell you how just plain silly that sounds, especially that until not too long ago (when the US death count past 2800 in Iraq) more people were killed in New York than ALL the past terrorist attacks on Americans combined.

Carter? Reagan? Nixon?

In the grand scheme of things...no. On a day to day basis, we made some lives better, but overall, no, we did not "improve" much. Of course when I was there we were just coming out of combat mode and into occupation mode. We were still shooting first and asking questions later. The elections went off, and yippy, a bunch of Iraqis voted (you know, for the guys that went on vacation while we are trying to get their country in order), now that shia we put in power are slowly becoming our enemies, while the sunni insurgents we were fighting are becoming our alllies? Strange and dangerous bedfellows buddy. Since I left secular violence has increased exponentionally, so no, up until recently, our progress has been pretty slow.

Oh look out, your little mind fell out again, pick up before someone steps on it.
Quote:
Last time I cared about the U.N. was...never, and no, the world consensus was to use caution in this conflict,
The conflict that was on going in Iraq or the one on 9/11? In both cases you think the UN was not a diplomatic means? W@here have you been? You can say even though we went through the UN repeatedly we were not diplomatic?

Quote:
Nice side step.
Quote:
And if it more then that it must be fudged right?
Quote:
So how many instance's do you have of your privacy being invaded? At least one? In your statement don't you think "couldn't" is a big word?
Quote:
So you do not believe that an American Embassy is American soil?
Quote:
WE are the pimp, not the other way around.
Quote:
In the grand scheme of things...no. On a day to day basis, we made some lives better, but overall, no, we did not "improve" much.
Tell me your service was worthless, tell me we paid you for nothing, and i'll call you a liar everytime. The answer is yes or no, don't include in the grand scheme or didn't improve much?
Quote:
our progress has been pretty slow.
But progress none the less.
Quote:
Oh look out, your little mind fell out again, pick up before someone steps on it
Na, i'll leave it there for any one else to step on.
0 Replies