Mountain Brook

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 10:51 am
oil on canvas

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDeAsIV*hwMsJijV5!9DHoPdzV0mPIyIK8RicAw8gQzMLSGXMvmt6d46*Hr5bdm8c8FRclq9MdZqQQ3yUpBvLNkQoIQ*rhDqh!trcyf04Q/brook.jpg?dc=4675396445544990852
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:01 pm
Is that faces in the water both near and further away ?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:32 pm
Vallecito Creek north of Bayfield, Co?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:43 pm
Folks often find faces, and other figures in my pictures. Usually, I don't put them in intentionally. I start with a conception, and make a mark on the paper or canvas. After that who knows what happens. It's like a general planning a battle. Time and effort is taken to workout what is going to happen, and how the effort is to be managed. In Art as in War once the action is joined all the plans go out the window, and the artist/general is driven by events.

This picture isn't any particular place, but is the bringing together on canvas experiences I've had in a lot of places. A little take from A, a pinch of B, rearranged to suit my aesthetic "needs" of the moment, and then driven by what the painting "needs" to become complete. Paintings are like children, unruly and demanding. They seldom turn out the way their parents planned and sometimes the runt turns out to be a winner.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:51 pm
All images of worth seem to have a secret life.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:16 pm
Asherman, this is a beautiful painting!

Do you teach?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:36 am
Thank you. I'm a retired civil servant.

I have teaching credentials, but haven't taught a class in anything for many years. My credentials are for History, Asian Studies, Aministration, Police Science, Introduction to Anglo-American Law and the Constitution. The State of California didn't think that I had the appropriate credentials to teach Art.
0 Replies