Bush Puts His Silver Foot In His Mouth Again (or maybe he never took it out)

Doly

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:35 pm
I've heard them talking on the news channels today about Bush's comment that "he's the decision maker for Iraq". Several news commentators seem to be rather hot under the collar about this although I can't see why. Bush is always strutting around like a little bandy rooster and putting his foot in his mouth. Why this latest remark surprises anyone, surprises me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 872 • Replies: 9
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 07:08 am
@Doly,
That's his NeoCon mentality shining through.Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 05:53 pm
@Doly,
He has absolutely NOTHING to lose. The nation hates him, but will hurt itself worse than it can imagine by over-reacting and electing The Hildabeast to replace him. So, he should fight this war the way he deems best, and cause maximum damage to Al Qaeda and anti-U.S. insurgents of all types before he leaves office.

And remember -- THE UNITED STATES CANNOT EXIT FROM IRAQ ANY TIME SOON, like it or not. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will be able to pull out our troops for years to come. The security of the entire West and of Israel are directly at stake. Any poitician who claims he or she can and will is a liar and opportunist, who knows deep down that that's just not possible. :no:

GO BUSH!!! GO, FIGHT, WIN (as defined as killing as many bad guys as possible)!!!!
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 06:46 pm
@Doly,
He is the Commander in Chief. He is the decision maker in Iraq. You know, the whole reason we elect a President. To be a decision maker.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 07:32 pm
@Doly,
Bush being the "decider" is the worse part of the war. He hasn't made any headway in this war with any other plan he has tried, so now he has a master plan? Ha Ha.

I don't have any faith in his plan, or him. Even some of his ranking Republican faithful are jumping ship, because of his "way forward" plans.

Time will tell I suppose. I hope nobody gets to say I told you so, for the troops sake. They are headed into a hornets nest. Making Iranians targets will really lighten the atmosphere.:cool:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 09:41 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;9911 wrote:
Bush being the "decider" is the worse part of the war. He hasn't made any headway in this war with any other plan he has tried, so now he has a master plan? Ha Ha.

I don't have any faith in his plan, or him. Even some of his ranking Republican faithful are jumping ship, because of his "way forward" plans.

Time will tell I suppose. I hope nobody gets to say I told you so, for the troops sake. They are headed into a hornets nest. Making Iranians targets will really lighten the atmosphere.:cool:
Quote:

So what's the democratic plan other then retreat? Pause------------------------------------------------------------------. That's what i thought.
Quote:

Those repugs are just following the dems lead. You know, when the going gets tough, the dems get going.
Quote:
Time will tell I suppose. I hope nobody gets to say I told you so, for the troops sake.

Sure you do. I think you have your "i told you so" cocked and ready.
Quote:
They are headed into a hornets nest. Making Iranians targets will really lighten the atmosphere.

There always headed in a hornets nest, that's the nature of the beast. I hope they get quite a few of the Iranian bastards.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 11:57 pm
@Doly,
What a blind flock of sheep.:cool:
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:56 am
@Doly,
And what is Bush's plan? To win in Iraq? Hahahahahahaha

You can't win a war unless you are as mean as the enemy and we aren't mean enough. We fight political wars - we don't fight to win. And until we learn this lesson we shouldn't be sending our children to the battlefield to be killed in wars that we have no hope of winning.

Most of the Middle Eastern countries don't fight their own wars anymore. Their governments pay terrorist groups to fight the wars for them. These terrorists are what we used to call "mercenaries". They like the job because they like to kill, they get paid for it and they are treated like heroes by the more moderate Muslims that don't want to fight and die.

Bush never should have started the war in Iraq. He has destabilized the region and made things worse than they were. Saddam was a bad guy and I hated him just like everyone else, but at least he was keeping Iran in check and kept Iraq from falling into civil war. His tactics for controlling the people in his country were brutal and corrupt, but they worked. Our tactics have not worked and probably never will.

The U.S. needs to quit jumping into situations like we did in Iraq before we completely understand the situation and the mission. Bush didn't understand either one.

I saw Bush on tv tonight talking about reactions to his remark "I'm the decision maker in Iraq" and he was smirking about a remark a politician made saying something about Bush not being the only decision maker as regards Iraq". And with the smirk still on his face, Bush said "Well, they do have some input. They decide whether to fund or how much to fund the war. And I would hope they would support the soldiers on the ground over there. What an arrogant, pompous windbag he is. Everytime I hear him talk, I want to throw up. I wish I could be around to hear what the historians have to say about him fifty years from now. I don't think they will be kind to him.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 04:04 pm
@Doly,
Doly;10113 wrote:

As oppose to the Democrats plan? Run away with our tails between our legs and LOSE IRAQ!

No thanks.

Quote:

You can't win a war unless you are as mean as the enemy and we aren't mean enough.

That isn't Bush's fault. If he fought like Iraq does he'd be tried for war crimes and you know it.

Quote:
We fight political wars - we don't fight to win.

So why do you have it out for JUST Bush? What about the Democrats that would take his place if you had your war? Do they not fight political wars? Yes they do. Not only that but they run away from wars because they think the polls show the US wants that.

Quote:
I saw Bush on tv tonight talking about reactions to his remark "I'm the decision maker in Iraq" and he was smirking about a remark a politician made saying something about Bush not being the only decision maker as regards Iraq". And with the smirk still on his face, Bush said "Well, they do have some input. They decide whether to fund or how much to fund the war. And I would hope they would support the soldiers on the ground over there. What an arrogant, pompous windbag he is. Everytime I hear him talk, I want to throw up. I wish I could be around to hear what the historians have to say about him fifty years from now. I don't think they will be kind to him.

Blah blah blah. Bush makes you sick but you are so quick to throw the Democrats in there in his place on what basis? That we run away and leave a bigger mess 20 years from now for my generation to deal with? I hope I am President in 20 years. You will be begging for Bush back because I'm going to **** up every Middle Eastern country that looks at the US wrong. I'm sick of all the cry babies out there whining about Bush when they have no better option. Bush has screwed up in Iraq. I still believe we should have went in there. If we do the war mistake free the middle east is a better place.

I'm not about to throw some idiot John Kerry into power so he can completely screw up America by withdrawing our troops and being buddy buddy with the French and Russians. Screw them. I hope Germany invades France again. We won't help this time. France is nothing but a bunch of pussies. I despise them. They are idiots with no walking around sense. Russia is just mad that their country sucks now and they are using their power to give the US a hard time with Iran.

Remember when China refused to return our plane right after Bush got elected? China is not our friend, they are our ENEMY. They have allowed North Korea to test a nuclear weapon.

John Kerry can go drown in Ketchup for all I care. I don't want anyone in office that is going to be buddy buddy with our enemies. :thumbup:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:37 pm
@Doly,
Doly;10113 wrote:

You can't win a war unless you are as mean as the enemy and we aren't mean enough. We fight political wars - we don't fight to win. And until we learn this lesson we shouldn't be sending our children to the battlefield to be killed in wars that we have no hope of winning.

Most of the Middle Eastern countries don't fight their own wars anymore. Their governments pay terrorist groups to fight the wars for them. These terrorists are what we used to call "mercenaries". They like the job because they like to kill, they get paid for it and they are treated like heroes by the more moderate Muslims that don't want to fight and die.

Bush never should have started the war in Iraq. He has destabilized the region and made things worse than they were. Saddam was a bad guy and I hated him just like everyone else, but at least he was keeping Iran in check and kept Iraq from falling into civil war. His tactics for controlling the people in his country were brutal and corrupt, but they worked. Our tactics have not worked and probably never will.

The U.S. needs to quit jumping into situations like we did in Iraq before we completely understand the situation and the mission. Bush didn't understand either one.

Quote:

So what is your plan?
Quote:
You can't win a war unless you are as mean as the enemy and we aren't mean enough.

No, you can't win a war when the people that were all for it at the first start, lost there spine half way though the engagement.
Quote:
We fight political wars - we don't fight to win.

You fight political wars, the military always fights to win, or untill they are defunded.
Quote:
And until we learn this lesson we shouldn't be sending our children to the battlefield to be killed in wars that we have no hope of winning.

You have no hope. Ask a soldier if they have hope, i haven't heard one yet that didn't. My wife works for the National Guard, i have asked plenty of them.
Quote:
Since when do mercenaries behead people or blow themselves up? I think they would be a little harder to convince they weren't getting paid in cash but in women after they were deceased. Na, your theory doesn't hold water.
Quote:
Bush never should have started the war in Iraq.

Bush didn't start it, Saddam did by not holding true to his previous cease fire agreement. Remember all those UN resolutions? 18 if i'm correct, forget about those?
Quote:
He has destabilized the region and made things worse than they were. Saddam was a bad guy and I hated him just like everyone else, but at least he was keeping Iran in check and kept Iraq from falling into civil war. His tactics for controlling the people in his country were brutal and corrupt, but they worked. Our tactics have not worked and probably never will.

So your OK with saddam killing his own people and iranians to keep them "in check" on the premise that it worked? So the way Hitler keep the jews and the surrounding countrys in check was okie dokey too?
Quote:

We didn't jump into this one it's been going since Bush 41 and saddam invading Kuwait. Sounds like you might need to brush up on your history a little. This mission was to depose a dictator and form a democratic government. Which was sucessfull in a very short time as far as forming governments go.
Quote:
I saw Bush on tv tonight talking about reactions to his remark "I'm the decision maker in Iraq" and he was smirking about a remark a politician made saying something about Bush not being the only decision maker as regards Iraq". And with the smirk still on his face, Bush said "Well, they do have some input.

Is there something wrong with smirking?
Quote:
They decide whether to fund or how much to fund the war. And I would hope they would support the soldiers on the ground over there.

So tell me, do you think defunding the war supports our troops? If not for the troops would the politicians even have a job? Mush less fund taxpayer moneys. I think not.
Quote:
What an arrogant, pompous windbag he is. Everytime I hear him talk, I want to throw up. I wish I could be around to hear what the historians have to say about him fifty years from now. I don't think they will be kind to him.

That's your opinion and your intitled to it. Another perk from the same troops. I guess you should hope you'll never have to defend that right with physical force. It's nice to have a proxy do it for you huh?
0 Replies