Family Honour, or would that be dishonour?

Red cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 05:09 pm
This story is mind blowing, this young lady didn't stand a chance. I'd hazard a guess and state he will get six months in jail for a cold blooded killing.
:thumbdown:

By SHAFIKA MATTAR, Associated Press Writer
Thu Jan 25, 7:38 AM ET

AMMAN, Jordan - A Jordanian man fatally shot his 17-year-old daughter whom he suspected of having sex despite a medical exam that proved her chastity, an official said Thursday. The man surrendered to police hours after the killing, saying he had done it for family honor.

ADVERTISEMENT

A state forensic pathologist, who works at the National Institute of Forensic Medicine in Amman where an autopsy was performed, said in a phone interview that the girl had run away from home several times for unknown reasons.

Weeks ago, the girl had returned home from a family protection clinic after doctors had vouched for her virginity and the father had signed a pledge not to harm her, the pathologist said on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the case.

"The tests proved that she was a virgin," the pathologist said. The girl returned home only after her father signed a statement promising not to harm her, he added.

The father shot the girl four times in the head on Tuesday. On Wednesday, an autopsy was performed that again showed "she was still a virgin," the pathologist said.

Authorities have not disclosed the names of the father or the daughter or even their hometown, saying only that they lived in a southern province.

The crime is the first "honor killing" this year in Jordan, where many men consider sex out of wedlock to be an almost indelible stain on a family's reputation. On average, about 20 women in the country are killed by their relatives in such cases each year. Women have been killed for simply dating.
Global human rights organizations have condemned such killings and appealed to King Abdullah II to put an end to them.

In response, the government has abolished a section in the penal code that allowed for "honor" killers to get sentences as lenient as six months in prison. Instead, the government has told judges to consider honor killings on a par with other homicides, which in Jordan are punishable by up to 15 years in jail.

But attempts to introduce harsher sentences have been blocked by conservative lawmakers who argue that tougher penalties would lead to promiscuity.

Queen Rania also has called for harsher punishment for such killers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Doly

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 05:23 pm
@Red cv,
Why, why, why are those people so crazy? I wonder if the gene pool over there has become tainted?

One benefit the U.S. receives from immigration is the replenishing of the gene pool. Since the Muslims only want to co-mingle with other Mulims, there is a good chance they are becoming too inbred, I suppose.

(Course you couldn't tell we have such a wonderful gene pool if the only Americans you ever observed were our politicians.) :rollinglaugh:
Doly

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 05:40 pm
@Doly,
Doly;9952 wrote:
Why, why, why are those people so crazy? I wonder if the gene pool over there has become tainted?

One benefit the U.S. receives from immigration is the replenishing of the gene pool. Since the Muslims only want to co-mingle with other Mulims, there is a good chance they are becoming too inbred, I suppose.

(Course you couldn't tell we have such a wonderful gene pool if the only Americans you ever observed were our politicians.) :rollinglaugh:

You know, I really had no right to say what I did in my previous post. We have people over here killing their own family members, molesting children and other heinous crimes too numerous to mention here. So, I guess I have to apologize and say that it seems to me the whole world is having a nervous breakdown.

The only criticism I guess I could realistically lob at the Muslims is to say that they should restructure their laws to fairly address child and spousal abuse. But since so much of this is addressed via their religion, we all know the changes will come slowly, if at all.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 07:58 am
@Red cv,
Muhammod's idea of family was to go on a raid and murder all the men, and while loading up all the property on stolen wagons, he would gather all the family of the deceased, and take those young children who we lusted after and add them to his evening entertainment left-overs wher at the mercy of his heindoneous pack of cut-throats.

So this is the root of this behaviour, the man was Islamic and following the teachings of current IMAMs that are simply reading the mOON gOD inspired teachings of the deranged peophiliatic pshco-babbler...heck it is a cult, what can we expect...the fella probablly was in a siezure trance just like Mu had babbling "ailya allah la-la-la"...

I hear that vacations are dirt cheap these days in Iran..."come visit, stay awhile, we have these nice little cells, and our screaming prisioners are simply welcoming you to entertainment..."
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 05:41 pm
@Red cv,
It's okay to get angry Doly, women and children globally are being treated beyond horrific and yet it gets very little if any media play.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 07:29 pm
@Red cv,
What truely amases me is how these people are capable of ignoring their own conscience, I know that I would never be able to do anything like this because the mere thought of it repulses me. I am surprised that people are ignorant enough to believe that men are superior to women, great women have come and gone, and many still live to set an example, I wonder are these people blind by choice or by conditioning?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 10:24 pm
@Red cv,
They are blind to a conscience.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 03:59 pm
@Red cv,
Mark you are correct it's male conditioning in tribal cultures. Even in countries that are suppose to be "Modern" 17 century laws still are applicable.

Here is another article that boggles my mind, I can only shake my head over this injustice to the "Entire" family. Saudi Arabia lauds it's country as modern, okay compared to what 18th century Arab countries?

Appeals Court Upholds Ruling in Controversial Fatima Divorce Case
Ebtihal Mubarak, Arab News
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 08:59 pm
@Red cv,
wow, it is hard to imagine...the poor child.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:31 pm
@Red cv,
there has been quite a few honour killings,here in the UK,a father and uncle of a kurdish girl were sentenced last week for her murder.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:34 pm
@Red cv,
yay, more killing in the name of God!

this is sad, he should be put to death.
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 04:28 pm
@Red cv,
I know many Christains who say they would kill children if God told them too. Just because none of them talk about it doesn't mean if some voice came along a bunch of them would start killing children or innocent people in the name of God.
Religion does strange things to people.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 04:31 pm
@Red cv,
Religion does

I personally believe God has never commanded anybody to kill

there are times when he would be for it I think (like declaring war to stop the holocaust of WWII), but even then we were left to decide for ourselves.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 06:47 am
@Red cv,
Quote:
I know many Christains who say they would kill children if God told them too. Just because none of them talk about it doesn't mean if some voice came along a bunch of them would start killing children or innocent people in the name of God.
ST.

Interesting observation...

I think it is more about Humans doing strange things to Religion.
Religion is human imposed interpretations based on limited belief. God is unlimited and defies interpretation because Divine power is everything and everywhere with no limits only abundance.

-----------
visit my website jennifernoble.lifesuccessconsultants.com
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:47 am
@Red cv,
Most can't think that openminded, to them there has to be a limit.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22172 wrote:

Where are these Christians you speak of? You need to report them to the police. Fact is that if they told you they would kill children if God told them to do so and you fail to report them you may share some responsibility. Also, I am certain that, on your honor, you would never forget that you had an opportunity to stop a murder and failed to act.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:48 am
@Red cv,
It isn't the God of creation - but the name we humans use as an excuse for many of our most heinous deeds.

Humans commit the acts - at their own direction 'in the name of God'.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:34 am
@Red cv,
You are correct Skye it's the act of man and it has nothing to do with god or Allah. It's cultural barbarity that has been allowed to be practiced globally because society turns a blind eye to this kind of treatment women of using "Freedom of Religion" as an excuse. In some countries like India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc it's usually not illegal. England is reopening hundreds of "Supposed" suicides by females Muslims, apparently the lastest thing is to pour gas over a female, deemed to have dishonoured her family, and give her a lighter. If she won't set herself ablaze a family member will. This is murder, cold blooded murder not suicide. How could any pathologist deem a death suicide by emplosion? Can you imagine how painful their deaths were? Death by burning alive?
0 Replies