Wake Up America! We are headed for a fall.

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:29 am
This is the most accurate portrayal of the American Financal situation that I have ever seen. He tells it like it is, and if we don't make some tough choices soon........., America will will be responsible for its own undoing.

Forget every other threat to American security, they pale in comparison to the impending crisis that faces this country. read for yourself.

U.S. Heading For Financial Trouble?, Comptroller Says Medicare Program Endangers Financial Stability - CBS News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,704 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 10:22 am
@Dmizer,
Stop foreign aid and entitlements and there would be no problem. When and if the **** hits the fan, guaranteed all the moochers will be high and dry. I think there is also a chance to grow out of some of the dept. Take the market dive last week. All Asian markets hit the dumps and the US scruged it off. The very same thing happened this mourning in the Asian markets and instead of a panic like it would normally cause we appear to be scruging it off again. Same scenario with our past terrorists attacks in Spain, Briton and here. The deficit has gone down continually as well, 06 it was 248, 07 what is projected is 172 and for 08 around 98, not bad and heading in the right direction. Tax cuts work instead of tax increases, IMO.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:39 pm
@Dmizer,
We can also stop all foreign adventures, find an alternative energy source, ban all political ads, stop outsourcing, and once and for all revive disco...

that last one was a joke
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:42 pm
@Dmizer,
I was born to disco.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:49 am
@Dmizer,
This is what I mean -- we're in for some SERIOUS trouble. Electing Hillary the Communist and Obama the Muslim will only compound things a thousand-fold.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 12:20 pm
@Dmizer,
Of course we are in trouble, this current economic upswing is a cycle bouyed by policies aimed at short term results. Corporate tax cuts without strings that require capital investment will always be short term investments...
How the next candidate handles the inevitable down turn will determine our economic future...
The down cycle is coming regardless of who we elect and as I have said, although I'm not a huge fan of Hillary she is not as far left as she is dipicted.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:07 am
@Dmizer,
Like most liberal politicians , she runs toward the middle , but veers left as soon as elected !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:29 am
@Dmizer,
I agree with you there Curmy, she knows to get elected she has to look like a moderate. Most people who have watched her for any length of time knows different. She is as far left as they come IMO.

Sen. Hillary Clinton
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:30 am
@Dmizer,
I was never a big Hillary fan, but I am more concerned about what the next president does on foreign policy and the economy than any social program debate....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:39 am
@Dmizer,
I agree with you there for the most part, but when the fall comes it will be the social program debate that will be front and center. Those will have to be cut first IMO. Those baby boomers are gonna put one helluva strain on the economy and social programs.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 10:33 am
@Dmizer,
Yes, we are in deep trouble. And our election of a DEMOCRAT-COMMUNIST to the Presidency will only WORSEN the problem. Get ready for expansive government, deepening involvement in overseas wars, sinking national indebtedness, and escalating social unrest. We are on the verge of SHTF.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 09:32 am
@Dmizer,
We need some one with guts who is not afraid to think and step outside of the box
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 07:44 pm
@Dmizer,
IMO that guys is already in office.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 05:11 am
@Dmizer,
Yes and no. GW has guts, but he's gotten beaten up so badly he's not using them. In fact, he's become obviously intimidated. His public speeches are really quite awful these days, replete with more stuttering and stammering than usual, and he looks scared in front of the camara. Maybe he's just tired out. Dunno. If I were him, I'd let 'fur fly', knowing I was hated, but didn't have to run for re-election. Also, I'd be emboldened by the sad fact the Republicans have NO CHOICE at all of retaining the Presidency in 2008. All told, present circumstances would free me to do whatever I pleased. Iran and North Korea would feel the sting of my renegade will.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 08:13 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;12158 wrote:
Yes and no. GW has guts, but he's gotten beaten up so badly he's not using them. In fact, he's become obviously intimidated. His public speeches are really quite awful these days, replete with more stuttering and stammering than usual, and he looks scared in front of the camara. Maybe he's just tired out. Dunno. If I were him, I'd let 'fur fly', knowing I was hated, but didn't have to run for re-election. Also, I'd be emboldened by the sad fact the Republicans have NO CHOICE at all of retaining the Presidency in 2008. All told, present circumstances would free me to do whatever I pleased. Iran and North Korea would feel the sting of my renegade will.
Quote:
Yes and no. GW has guts, but he's gotten beaten up so badly he's not using them. In fact, he's become obviously intimidated. His public speeches are really quite awful these days, replete with more stuttering and stammering than usual, and he looks scared in front of the camara.

Beat up maybe, beaten no. What's funny is it isn't the enemy we fight over there that have been doing the beating, it the enemy over here, they call it descention, i call it treason. They say they support the troops, i ask how do you do so. There only reply usually boils down to taxes, that is the means of there thought of support. If that's the case, i must support abortion i pay taxes that fund it?
Quote:
Maybe he's just tired out. Dunno. If I were him, I'd let 'fur fly', knowing I was hated, but didn't have to run for re-election.

The fur has been flyin, that's why he is so hated. I'm sure any one with that strain would be dead dog tired.
Quote:
Also, I'd be emboldened by the sad fact the Republicans have NO CHOICE at all of retaining the Presidency in 2008.

Hopefully Fred Tompson(sic) will join the race, I think he could beat a Hillary Obama duo. Newt would be my next choice.
Quote:
All told, present circumstances would free me to do whatever I pleased. Iran and North Korea would feel the sting of my renegade will.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iran got a slap before his term ends.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 01:59 pm
@Dmizer,
I have no desire to get in scrap over the GWB admin......at least not today.......but i will say that everything I have seen from this presidency good and bad is very old school ...and courage doesn't mean never compromising nor never changing course it means not being spooked into doing either....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 08:46 pm
@Dmizer,
Spooked definitely works both ways, God i love this country, LOL. I'm also becoming a fan of your brand of liberalism. You continue to amaze me, as you are not like most liberal minds?

Edit. I am speaking only of my interpretation of Liberal.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 08:38 pm
@Dmizer,
GW is a good man. He's so good he's doubting himself now, and not fighting back hard enough. I liked him better he was more cocky and wild-eyed. I say, "Keep kicking butt, Dubbya. Don't let the bastards get you down." :giterdone:
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 08:37 am
@Dmizer,
And yet like a typical Politician all GW has done with regard to this problem is make it worse. That Prescription drug program is a disaster. $7 trillion dollars the US doesn't have. There isn't a politician out there who will touch this fiasco, none of them have the stones to start a fix.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 08:58 am
@Dmizer,
I suppose letting those same politicians negotiate for seniors about there price on prescriptions would make it all better? If i'm correct, 70/80% of seniors are happy with the coverage and do not want it messed with. Do you have info to the contrary?
0 Replies