License to Breed?

Dmizer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 01:29 pm
Should we all have to get licenses to breed? After all you need one to get married. You need a license to do just about any activity that requires responsiblility for anothers life. What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,575 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
@Dmizer,
I don't think so really, at least not yet. But it's probably not too far off, considering the tremendous problem overpopulation is going to be in a few hundred years tops. We're going to have to limit our reproduction at some point in the not-too-distant future.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:20 pm
@Dmizer,
Are be talking about humans or domestic pets?

I have enough government in my life, I don't want them in the bedroom making decisions on birth control. Canada and the US aren't the ones over populating the globe, it's the third world countries and China that have the problems.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:24 pm
@Dmizer,
First of all, while Canada and the U.S. "aren't the ones over populating [sic] the globe" now, they/we will be soon. Overpopulation isn't an issue limited to one or two countries.

Secondly, you seem to be quite interested in world affairs when it comes to the plight of women in Pakistan, but now, as far as overpopulation is concerned, it's not your problem because it's not "Canada and the US." I find that interesting.

Still, I'd hate to get too involved in a conversation about overpopulation just yet, because I'm not certain that's the direction the original poster was heading in. Is it, Dmizer?
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:41 pm
@Dmizer,
Your are correct in your assumption Chaos,
I was inspired to start this thread after reading a news story on how a Father abused his 18 month old son with a 100,000 volt taser gun. It was a disturbing story. The Government already requires so many licenses and permits to govern our personal lives, whats one more going to harm, right?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 05:01 pm
@Dmizer,
What would be the criteria for rejection and approval? Estatistics? Psycho-analasis?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:33 pm
@Dmizer,
Yes , more importantly , who would be the decision makers on who gets a license ?
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:37 pm
@Dmizer,
Perhaps they could have a committee that drew up rules and regulations, outlining the regulated positions, and offering a free-advice hotline...

Maybe they could have training camps and metals of honour for best of show!!!!:eek:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:58 pm
@Dmizer,
Yea let's turn into China...... or not
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:21 pm
@Dmizer,
So if you all feel so strongly about the government staying out of people's "breeding" habits, I'll assume you're all pro-choice then.
Dmizer

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 09:49 am
@Dmizer,
Chaos,
Thats funny! I'm pretty sure that shut them up. Good point!
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 10:21 am
@Dmizer,
Yes I am pro-choice, the people who would want abortions probably wouldn't be very good parents, how could they if they didn't even want the child to be alive. Anyway it would also improve the abortion methods, eliminating many of the risks of such a procedure.
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 06:02 am
@Dmizer,
Assuming we are "all" pro-choice is presumptious of you .

I am though .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 11:43 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10416 wrote:
So if you all feel so strongly about the government staying out of people's "breeding" habits, I'll assume you're all pro-choice then.
What does governmental intrusion have to do with pro-choice? Your assumption of pro-choice would be wrong.
If i feel strongly about government intrusion how do you think i feel about Rowe vs Wade? Now you would assume i am pro-life? Why the catch 22?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 11:47 am
@markx15,
markx15;10455 wrote:
Yes I am pro-choice, the people who would want abortions probably wouldn't be very good parents, how could they if they didn't even want the child to be alive. Anyway it would also improve the abortion methods, eliminating many of the risks of such a procedure.
Quote:
eliminating many of the risks of such a procedure.
There is no eliminating the risk for the one it's performed on. The defenceless being inside the womb. The one that will never be heard of his/her wishes as to it's demise!
Professor Chaos

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:05 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10518 wrote:
What does governmental intrusion have to do with pro-choice?

Everything.

Drnaline wrote:
Your assumption of pro-choice would be wrong.
If i feel strongly about government intrusion how do you think i feel about Rowe vs Wade? Now you would assume i am pro-life? Why the catch 22?

I have no idea what you're saying here.
Professor Chaos

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:05 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10519 wrote:
There is no eliminating the risk for the one it's performed on. The defenceless being inside the womb. The one that will never be heard of his/her wishes as to it's demise!

Blastocysts are incapable of having wishes.
markx15

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:37 am
@Dmizer,
Quote:

I'm sorry, I was being inconsiderate of your beliefs, you see I believe in reencarnation, and because of that specific lives don't hold great importance to me, but the concept of life does. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
Drnaline

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 08:24 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10527 wrote:
Blastocysts are incapable of having wishes.
Do you have rights only after birth?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 08:32 am
@markx15,
markx15;10584 wrote:
I'm sorry, I was being inconsiderate of your beliefs, you see I believe in reencarnation, and because of that specific lives don't hold great importance to me, but the concept of life does. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
Sure do.
0 Replies