Why Do You Like Me?

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:27 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46056 wrote:
I acknowledge the fact that i could be wrong, thats more than some others would admit!
True, but if you have first doubts i think it's more likely to prove that you are wrong. Not "could be". Sounds like you have a preset notion of Pino's character? And I'd bet you accuse others of doing what your doing. Why are you capable of "enlightening" and Pino not?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:55 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46062 wrote:
True, but if you have first doubts i think it's more likely to prove that you are wrong. Not "could be". Sounds like you have a preset notion of Pino's character? And I'd bet you accuse others of doing what your doing. Why are you capable of "enlightening" and Pino not?

no, admiting that i could be wrong is whats considered "intellectual honesty", being stubborn doesn't make an argument any more valid!

I think Pino could enlighten me on certain topics but i don't think social issues or polotics is one of those topics, but of course this is just my oppinion.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
Yes it is, doesn't make it right or wrong just like his don't. "intellectual honesty" would not put you above it all as your statement would indicate. How do you expect to enlighten anyone if you will not yield common ground? IMO your the one being stubborn.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:15 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46091 wrote:
Yes it is, doesn't make it right or wrong just like his don't. "intellectual honesty" would not put you above it all as your statement would indicate. How do you expect to enlighten anyone if you will not yield common ground? IMO your the one being stubborn.

yes but it's better to be true to myself and be wrong than it is to lie to myself and still be wrong...and yes i'm stubborn sometimes, we all are! but honestly i don't think me and pinochet have common ground, the only thing we ever agreed on was that Loose Change is a bunch of crap....but even then he didn't enjoy agreeing with me.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Wait until Aaron returns, DS. This group will really spin out of control.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:43 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46095 wrote:
yes but it's better to be true to myself and be wrong than it is to lie to myself and still be wrong...and yes i'm stubborn sometimes, we all are! but honestly i don't think me and pinochet have common ground, the only thing we ever agreed on was that Loose Change is a bunch of crap....but even then he didn't enjoy agreeing with me.
Common ground goes a little further then that. And it has nothing to do with agreeing with anyone. You admit you are stubborn too but yet pino needs "enlightening?"
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:02 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46106 wrote:
Common ground goes a little further then that. And it has nothing to do with agreeing with anyone.

common ground:
"Shared beliefs or interests, a foundation for mutual understanding."

-http://www.answers.com/common+ground?cat=technology
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Yup, but what we have is a difference of opinion of said definition.

common ground
–noun a foundation of common interest or comprehension, as in a social relationship or a discussion.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:07 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46120 wrote:
Yup, but what we have is a difference of opinion of said definition.

my defintion is backed by the encyclopedia and dictionary, what is yours backed by?
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
Your social relationship with pino lacks the ability to discuss because you cannot comprehend where he comes from, there for you have no common interests. Classic symptoms of failure to yield common ground IMO.
DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
common ground - Definitions from Dictionary.com

From the same link: common ground
n. A foundation for mutual understanding: "The leaders failed to find common ground on the defensive side of this possible bargain" (McGeorge Bundy).

noun
a basis agreed to by all parties for reaching a mutual understanding

So do you think you and pino have a mutual understanding? IMO no, hence no "common ground".
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:39 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46123 wrote:
Your social relationship with pino lacks the ability to discuss because you cannot comprehend where he comes from, there for you have no common interests. Classic symptoms of failure to yield common ground IMO.

we have no common ground because we are completely opposite! He is a genocidal religious authortarian, and i am a compassionate atheistic libertarian!
DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:51 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46134 wrote:
we have no common ground because we are completely opposite! He is a genocidal religious authortarian, and i am a compassionate atheistic libertarian!

Okey dokey.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46139 wrote:
Okey dokey.

he is like the polar opposite of me:

he is south i am north
he is red i am blue
he is religous i am non-religious
he is authoratian i am libertarian
he is west i am east
he is traditional i am modern
he is fundmental i am progressive
he is exclusive i am inclusive
he is outgoing i am humble
he is apathetic i am empathetic
he is for security i am for liberty
He is idealistic i am pragmatic
he is objectivist i am relativist
etc...
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Why are you in this thread, did you not understand the title? Is this how you define compassion?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:14 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46150 wrote:
Why are you in this thread, did you not understand the title? Is this how you define compassion?

What? he can't take a little criticism?
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
The thread isn't about taking criticism? It's about why you like him. A compassionate person like yourself can't come up with one statement on topic?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:28 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46154 wrote:
The thread isn't about taking criticism? It's about why you like him. A compassionate person like yourself can't come up with one statement on topic?

no where is it stated that i have to agree with the topic stated! by your logic i could theroreticly start a thread called "Why Pinochet is stupid" and theroreticly no one could disagree with me for fear of going off-topic....see what i'm saying?
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:47 pm
@Pinochet73,
"theroreticly" not, that's a personal attack and not allowed. Got another example?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:24 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46161 wrote:
"theroreticly" not, that's a personal attack and not allowed. Got another example?

That's irrelevent! the point is that you don't have to agree with the topic statement!
0 Replies