The most hated ethnic group in the world?

markx15

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:56 pm
@mousy,
Wow I am truely impressed with you Pinochet.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 11:29 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;32332 wrote:
Well.....I'm going to relive the many racial realities I've had to learn the hard way. Our new boss is a strict disciplinarian, and a minority. Some of his expectations of both teachers and students scare me, to say the least. As always, I will do my level best to back my boss. I just hope he's right.

Pino, you already know the hard way. Just give in to it, save your sanity. If he is a top administrator, his star will rise. If not, you are stuck for life.....
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:28 pm
@markx15,
markx15;32351 wrote:
Wow I am truely impressed with you Pinochet.

Why?:lightbulb:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:35 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;32418 wrote:
Pino, you already know the hard way. Just give in to it, save your sanity. If he is a top administrator, his star will rise. If not, you are stuck for life.....

Thanks. Good advice. Analyzing the intel I was able to scrounge up today,
I deduced he's relatively fresh out of the military, and wants to run the school in strict accordance with the military model. I can do that. :thumbup:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:50 pm
@missdixy,
missdixy;31928 wrote:
I honestly don't think there's one group that's hated way above others in the world, I think it just depends on the region.

What about Canadians. and FUKKING HIPPIES
Red cv

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 04:58 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;32590 wrote:
What about Canadians. and FUKKING HIPPIES

LOL want to come a little closer and say that to me in person??? LOL to funny thou.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32598 wrote:
LOL want to come a little closer and say that to me in person??? LOL to funny thou.

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ARE the Canadian Bomber.:thumbup: Very Happy :thumbup:
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:56 pm
@mousy,
Nope I have to take the Cat to Maine to get to the US.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 03:22 pm
@mousy,
You are a man of deep faith, that is an exquiste quality.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:13 pm
@markx15,
markx15;32709 wrote:
You are a man of deep faith, that is an exquiste quality.

Why, thank you, Hombre. So are you.:thumbup:
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
@markx15,
Just about every depiction of Hell is cluttered with whites. Very Happy
Whites would feel inferior(disequilibrium) in heaven, hardly bliss.
0 Replies

Cristalexi

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 02:32 pm
@Red cv,
What a horrible expression - not seeing a person's colour. This is a phrase I've heard a lot of white people make. We want white people to see our colour and upon seeing our colour still treat us with the same respect as when they see other white people.

And I agree with you about race - there is only one race THE HUMAN RACE which is made up of peoples of different colours, shapes and sizes, with different hair textures and skin tones, etc., etc. who come from different regions/nations of the world with different customs. We should embrace difference, not fear it! Fear is the cause of all the problems. What a horrible world it would be if every looked and acted exactly the same.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 03:36 pm
I'm rather surprised that anyone believed sensible conversation could be had where 'whites' are the chosen 'ethnic group' of topic.

The problems with this definition has popped up all throughout this thread.

The motivation for combining multiple ethnicities into a single 'white' banner, and then asking if they are all hated as an 'ethnicity' is not just incredibly flawed, but malignant.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 04:59 pm
How did I miss this idiotic thread when it was first opened for discussion? Must've been sleeping.

(1)As Vikorr has already pointed out, whites are not an ethnic group; the Caucasion race (so-called) is made up of several quite distinct ethnic groups.

(2) Since when are Jews not considered 'white'? I mean, sure, there are the Falashas of Ethiopia and some Asian Jewish groups whose members look quite oriental but the Jews that Hitler had slaughtered looked just like him or any other Nazi.

(3)Discussing race and ethnicity in such general terms is self-defeating from the git-go. We are all individuals. As for which group is 'most hated' at any given moment, it depends entirely on the place and time we are talking about.

Get a life, people.
nydia2013

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:41 pm
@Red cv,
Quote:

Brian whites are known as "Caucasians".

True. But mousy referred to "the least desirable group of individuals" who were "white middle class men." There is only one race and that race is the human race. All modern day humans share a common ancestor and the same DNA which was discovered in "Lucy" mother of today's Homo sapiens. Fear and prejudice of the unknown, which is inherent in all of us, is the reason there is so much discrimination especially among the uneducated.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 09:17 pm
@nydia2013,
You had me with you until you got to uneducated in your description. I know hundreds of educated people who are racist as hell. Some are a hell of a lot more dangerous than uneducated people because they can doctor the laws to suit their racist tendencies. The Koch brothers come to mind.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 09:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

How did I miss this idiotic thread when it was first opened for discussion? Must've been sleeping.

(1)As Vikorr has already pointed out, whites are not an ethnic group; the Caucasion race (so-called) is made up of several quite distinct ethnic groups.

(2) Since when are Jews not considered 'white'? I mean, sure, there are the Falashas of Ethiopia and some Asian Jewish groups whose members look quite oriental but the Jews that Hitler had slaughtered looked just like him or any other Nazi.

(3)Discussing race and ethnicity in such general terms is self-defeating from the git-go. We are all individuals. As for which group is 'most hated' at any given moment, it depends entirely on the place and time we are talking about.

Get a life, people.

I'm with Lustig, this thread must be a forum for morons to pretend they can think and know anything about history. Those aren't his words, he was much more polite.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 09:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

You had me with you until you got to uneducated in your description. I know hundreds of educated people who are racist as hell. Some are a hell of a lot more dangerous than uneducated people because they can doctor the laws to suit their racist tendencies. The Koch brothers come to mind.

Supposing one were to substitute the adjective "ignorant" instead. Statistically, it has been proven when one gets to know others from different backgrounds, their strong bias for various ethnic "individuals" fade away. Those groups whom we don't know we tend to spurn; we are a product of our culture.

Of course there are so-called "educated" people who are racist; our culture is embued with such. Racism is a pervasive cultural and institutional construct that pervades everything we say and do. To grow up in a racist culture like our own, and to somehow believe one has "evaded" being influenced by racism, is ignorance to the truth of racism. Racism is a silent, invisible killer that diffuses itself through our entire cultural and social upbringing so that it is as seamlessly integrated into our lives as the contents of a teabag into hot water. Rather than attempting to ignore one's racist upbringing, it’s much better to confront and admit how racism has tainted your own life than try to abdicate falsely all the inherited racism.

Because so many people are up in arms about being called a racist -- "I'm the farthest thing from a racist!" -- they fail to see everyone actually is. Because they think racism is embedded in individual actions rather than imbued in structures, they fail in attempting to "undo" much of the racist teachings they have absorbed.
vikorr

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:27 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I have a different take on racism, and that is that humans, at the core (ie. probably genetically) are uncomfortable with a lack of conformity - the greater the difference, the greater the discomfort.

I recall reading somewhere that this desire for conformity helped the human race cooperate and therefore survive in caveman days.

The other trait was a desire for togetherness (ie. a need to be social)

For these reason, social groups form, and those groups attempt to impose their desire for conformity on others of their social group. This scales up from from the smallest of social groups to the largest (society)...though peoples interaction (re demanding conformity) at each level depends on their perception of their own power to influence others, and on what they believe others should conform, and how strongly they believe others should conform to.

When societies develop independently of each other, different ideologies/beliefs/habits/cultures cross paths...this produces that uncomfortable feeling again...and as previously mentioned, the larger the differences, the greater the discomfort.

When those societies that cause discomfort for one another (this is important - 'racism' is never one way traffic) have obvious physical racial differences, you now have a symbol (the physical differences)...and symbolism has always held power in humans...

... because symbols allows our brain to form connections between any symbol (object, action, or concept) and a set of beliefs (our brain quite forms quite literal connections by the way) - the important one to racism is the connection between an object (the physical difference between the races) and a concept/emotion (first and foremost - the discomfort that all differences are filtered through )

(It is for this reason that the Burkha can trigger such ugly reactions in people - the symbolism vs the degree of difference)

... these neural connections allow us to react faster to dangerous situations, and therefore allowed humans to survive better - but they are also the source of our skills, language, learning etc

...lacking a connection that can identify if some thing unknown is a danger to us or not - the unknown can trigger all sorts of emotions in us (fear, wariness, discomfort, hate etc).

The above is why racism exists in every race on this planet. Only the degree will differ.

It is also why finding commonalities is the key to overcoming racism (ie reduces fear of the unknown, finds common ground, builds a feeling of similar society and conformity, which reduces discomfort etc).

It's the main reason I think all countries should have a firm integration policy for mass immigration of specific ethnicities (if you follow the above all the way through - you'll understand that the problem inevitably created if you don't do something to circumvent human nature...but I believe it's not education, but finding common ground that is the most effective method of reducing racism and creating greater social cohesion - so a true integration policy is the best way of achieving this. That is not to say that academic/advertising education shouldn't be an important part of the program, but that it's not the most important part)
0 Replies