mousy

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:45 pm
The next generation of America? Products of the make love not war generation?
A culture saturated by isms a generation not able to grasp the concept of war MUCH LESS what entails a lost of freedom...

Is the next generation of America ready for war?

Some nations train their youth military style(Russia-Middle East)but is American youth prepared for the youth of other Nations? Can American youth picture missles exploding through the roofs of American houses? And or they ready for it?

The Hatred of America reaching the equivalent of Hitler's hate for the JEWS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,186 • Replies: 18
No top replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:14 pm
@mousy,
No one is ever really ready for that kind of war. We weren't ready for WW II or Korea really. I think the American people are smarter than you realize, just not as trusting or innocent as they once were.
You show them a war that directly impacts their freedom and they will rally behind it and with 90 percent of the nation now boasting at least a high school education, it is the governments responsibility to sell it to us and manage it like a National war not a like a school building project or weekend football game.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:32 pm
@mousy,
While middle eastern youth raise arms..the next generation of America is more concerned with the waistline and sexuality...
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:23 pm
@mousy,
Then why is our all volunteer army still the best in the world ?
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:37 pm
@mousy,
It was no different in the 40 or the 50s. We have always been an isolationist nation concerned with material well being until something jarred us out of it and in the past we have had a leader who could make the hard decisions and rally the nation in a time of crisis. When we veered from that pattern, in other words when we made preepmtive war, and made it for reasons other than necessity that is when disaster has struck us...If this war on terror is real cancel the soccer games, and shopping trips, sell war bonds and start collecting tin. Take direct measures to ensure the nation is behind you and that you are fighting the right war otherwise don't bother...
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:00 pm
@mousy,
Due to rapid and irreversible cultural transformation and decline, America will become another Third World country within 50 years. Her citizens will no longer be hated worldwide. No one cares about Third World countries. The major issues facing America today will dissipate, as the nation gradually relinquishes her super-power status. :no:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:41 pm
@mousy,
Oh man, I love that song. What's the thread about?

Oh, yeah, of course not. America's (general) youth is all bleeding heart liberals who wouldn't go to war if we were on the brink of destruction. Mostly.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 04:57 pm
@mousy,
Before WW II our military had less than 300,000 people, They drove mules and used wooden cannons to train with. I bet if you examined the hard data of the era you will find out that there were plenty of potential protestors and even genuine pacifist then, perhaps as many as there are now. When we weren;t killing pirates or taking over Spanish colonies we were an isolationist nation for most of our history.
People forget the draft riots in New York in 1863, they forget that many if not most soldiers in WW II had to be drafted.
People might have been more willing to fight in the street in days gone by but this whole bleeding heart modern youth is bull. No one sane wants to go to war. There are those more willing than other and those who accept it because it is their profession. We are not an innocent nation that trusts its leaders anymore and I for one am glad.
I don't consider blind loyalty brave just naive and going to war happily is a little psycho if ask me which I know you won't...If blind trust is courage forget about it and if decerning doubt a bleeding heart then sign me up baby.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 04:23 pm
@mousy,
We are not the same nation that existed in the 1940s. Sociological and cultural dynamics have drastically changed. In case you haven't noticed, our middle class, once the back-bone of America, is rapidly shrinking. In another 50 years, we'll be a replica of Mexico, and Mexico, as a nation (not necessarily as a community of individuals) IS A MESS. We are changing, fast. I'm glad I learned Spanish, way back when.:headbang:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 01:17 pm
@mousy,
True enough, we are not the same nation as in the 40s. There is no nation that has not been changed greatly by the last 60 years....
the middle class is shrinking, the economy is changing and we are not adjusting. We allow outsourcing and down sizing and companies go bankrupt while individuals in them make millions and are not retraining our workers for the new era.
but I still maintain that the basic pattern is the same as in the 30s. Human beings don't really change that much that fast
We need to get some juevos in that regard and get a government with the guts to do something. Forget ideology, forget creating temporary short term gains with unguided tax cuts and do something to help the nation....
We are cutting our own throats in the name of free market capitalism and social darwinism, those isms are what will get us one day...
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 10:54 am
@mousy,
I contend that the more America becomes Mexicanized (WARNING: I AM NOT A RACIST!), the more public opinion will focus on U.S.-Mexico relations, and not much else. Again, in 50 years, the U.S. will be completely oriented southward, that is, on Mexico. In another century, it will officially merge with Mexico. One of many intriguing questions will concern Canada. With all its liberalism and anti-U.S. traditions, will it too join the new Mexican union? Ha. I wish I could be around to watch. :wave2: :ban:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:34 pm
@mousy,
I have no great love for the more homogenized old school cultures of the south and I like Canadians and admittedly see some things to admire in their culture but have no desire to be like them either. For all its good points their "liberal culture" whatever that means, would have a hard time stand up to the pressures we face here in the states. I might be left of center but I'm not that far left but Im not blind or naive
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 10:05 pm
@mousy,
I'm RIGHT of center. They call me, "Righty", in certain circles.:rocketwhore:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 01:12 pm
@mousy,
Neo Libs call me NeoCon, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:00 pm
@mousy,
:rocketwhore: :beerbangX: :swordfight: Keep kick'n communist heinie!!!:wave2: :drive:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:04 pm
@mousy,
War:rocketwhore:
Peace:peace:
Party:mebeer:
Women:pimp:
Positive race relations:afro:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:38 pm
@mousy,
Quote:
Keep kick'n communist heinie!!!

I usually engage them where i findem. The cold war is still fresh in my mind.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 07:53 pm
@mousy,
I still want to jump rope with golf cleets on Karl Marx's face.

And......I have a mild confession to make: I've been hoping Castro dies soon, and that Hugo Chavez' plane crashes into the Caribbean, where sharks, if they have any sense of decency, will rip his carcus to shreds. :bigok: :cavt-126-asard:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 07:57 pm
@mousy,
Would you be able to kill Osama Bin Laden with a [SIZE="7"]claw hammer[/SIZE]? Let's take a vote. Who could, and who couldn't?
:spaz: Laughing :giterdone: :rollinglaugh: :phat: :dance2: :3some: :AR15firing:
0 Replies