Freedom to not be offended!

EMTKid

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 08:42 pm
I apologize if this thread has been done to death, but it's something I need to talk about and get opposing opions about. When did our freedom of speach and freedom of religion give way to the minority's imagined freedom to not hear or see anything that offends them? Why does everyone who wishes to pray in school (right under the bill of rights) have to stop because a VERY small minority of people say it makes them uncomfortable? Why did our governement allow this realatively quietly until a young Muslim girl was denied her RIGHT to practice her religion by praying at specific times a day? When did we, as a country, start catering to the feelings of the minority instead of the rights of the majority?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,152 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 08:44 pm
@EMTKid,
EMTKid;6662 wrote:
I apologize if this thread has been done to death, but it's something I need to talk about and get opposing opions about. When did our freedom of speach and freedom of religion give way to the minority's imagined freedom to not hear or see anything that offends them? Why does everyone who wishes to pray in school (right under the bill of rights) have to stop because a VERY small minority of people say it makes them uncomfortable? Why did our governement allow this realatively quietly until a young Muslim girl was denied her RIGHT to practice her religion by praying at specific times a day? When did we, as a country, start catering to the feelings of the minority instead of the rights of the majority?

Good question and I agree. In America the majority rules. A perfect example is Gay Marriage. The majority of Americans do not want Gay Marriage.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:06 am
@EMTKid,
I am offended by so many things, but because I am a white male Christian republican, I am pretty much screwed. I can't complain about the things that offend me for then I will be labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. I cannot practice my beliefs and share them in many public places at the risk of being labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. Because I am a white male Christian republican, I don't have as many rights as the minorities of this country. This country has become prejudice against white male Christian republicans. But I suppose in saying that, I am a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:39 am
@EMTKid,
EMTKid;6662 wrote:

It must have happened when the Democrats were in power. Liberals are know for taking up causes for minorities.
EMTKid

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:14 pm
@NaterG,
NaterG;6675 wrote:
I am offended by so many things, but because I am a white male Christian republican, I am pretty much screwed. I can't complain about the things that offend me for then I will be labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. I cannot practice my beliefs and share them in many public places at the risk of being labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. Because I am a white male Christian republican, I don't have as many rights as the minorities of this country. This country has become prejudice against white male Christian republicans. But I suppose in saying that, I am a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever.

That is why the imagined rights as stated above now outweigh the actual rights of everyone else, because our "leaders" are too afraid of those labels to do their jobs. The problem is that we let it happen. We let THEM take God out of schools while our children are permitted to dress overly sexy or "freakdance" because THEY don't want to squash the child's freedom to express themselves. It's out of hand, and we need to make it heard!
Sherman cv

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:41 pm
@EMTKid,
the only things offend me is people who does not use brain and guts to say how it is.....Very Happy But there are many things that freedom allow that not offend but hurts deeply...

I think the world is screwed up because some politicians are worried more abut not offend anybody instead of duing what need to be done>>>Tha's for sure does hurt badly...:wtf:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 08:17 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6680 wrote:
It must have happened when the Democrats were in power. Liberals are know for taking up causes for minorities.
It happens whether demo's are in power or not. Don't forget "Liberals" profit from such ventures. They also creat a "welfare state."
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
@Drnaline,
What does a welfare state have to do with freedom of religion freedom of speech, or freedom of expression?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:08 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6710 wrote:
What does a welfare state have to do with freedom of religion freedom of speech, or freedom of expression?
What does "Liberals are know for taking up causes for minorities." have to do with the same?
OswaldTheOsprey

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Many things offend me. Where possible I either ignore them
or laugh at them!

OswaldTheOsprey
0 Replies