What is the greatest country??

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:49 am
What is the greatest country in world. Factors can range from picturesque Landscape, great cities, race relations, multi-culturalism, history, entertainment industry, Sports, fashion, inventions, contributions to culture, most attractive women etc...
any others u want to include you can state.

UK, France, Brazil or USA are my main choices but its between UK and USA.

-America has the best music,film/TV etc, created McDonalds, Burger King & KFC and it has the best cities. BUT UK is far ahead of USA in race-relations, is responsible for 55% of world inventions, one of which was the greatest inventional known to man FOOTBALL-the beautiful game. The UK is a very beneovolent country aswell and most of our population question the gov't and are not swayed by dull patriotism.
UK WINS!!!!:peace:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,167 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
@the intellect,
The United States of course and if you don't agree we will bomb all your kids.
the intellect

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 02:11 pm
@Brent cv,
OOOOHHHH what a surprise the USA is winning!!!
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 02:25 pm
@the intellect,
the intellect;4827 wrote:
OOOOHHHH what a surprise the USA is winning!!!

You are just jealous of your lost British Empire. To your credit, it was once a great empire. You did alot of good for the world. But alas, your empire is gone. Gone up in ashes with the rest of Europe in the wars of the 20th century. Great Brition is a great country and a firm ally of the United States. You still have alot to offer. But in no way, shape, or form can you influence the world the way america can today! Thus the reason your country along with France and Germany came "hat in hand" to America 4 months ago to take up your failed negotiations to get Iran to stop enriching uranium.
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:03 am
@the intellect,
See this is just the thing specifically with Americans.

you talk to any person here and generally 80 percent are ashamed of our past. people r ashamed of us having an empire and enslaving many people. we are ashamed of how we acted during the Crusades killing Muslims etc...
Our country is generally quite abit more to the Left than yours. We r probably Left-of centre whereas you are slightly right of centre. even though labour is increasingly moving to the right they are better than the conservatives. But if they continue the Liberal democrats will gain popularity among a British population which is generally left-of centre.

NO I AM DEFINITELY NOT JEALOUS WE HAVE LOST OUR EMPIRE. IT WAS IMMORAL AND A TERRIBLE THING!!
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:30 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4851 wrote:

you talk to any person here and generally 80 percent are ashamed of our past. people r ashamed of us having an empire and enslaving many people. we are ashamed of how we acted during the Crusades killing Muslims etc...
Our country is generally quite abit more to the Left than yours. We r probably Left-of centre whereas you are slightly right of centre. even though labour is increasingly moving to the right they are better than the conservatives. But if they continue the Liberal democrats will gain popularity among a British population which is generally left-of centre.

NO I AM DEFINITELY NOT JEALOUS WE HAVE LOST OUR EMPIRE. IT WAS IMMORAL AND A TERRIBLE THING!!
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:45 pm
@the intellect,
U pick selective examples!

ofcourse we introduced good things. we also destroyed the thugee cult in india but the fact that we enslaved millions of blacks and sent them to america is a disgrace.
yes the whole white-black racism thing in USA is ultimately our fault!!!
we started slavery- even though u carried it on
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:53 pm
@the intellect,
the intellect;4871 wrote:
U pick selective examples!

ofcourse we introduced good things. we also destroyed the thugee cult in india but the fact that we enslaved millions of blacks and sent them to america is a disgrace.
yes the whole white-black racism thing in USA is ultimately our fault!!!
we started slavery- even though u carried it on

Again, you see the glass as half empty? Yes for 200 years they had it bad. Yes we made them slaves. Yes to these critizisms and more. But your not looking at the bigger picture. Even in both our bad histories, alot of good came from it. Our Civil War for one. Would the black man be better of in America today vs. Africa? The black folk in my country are free to leave anytime they wish, but yet they stay. There is a profound reason for this! You need to ask yourself what the profound reason is. I'm sure you'll come up with the only, logical, truthful answer!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4851 wrote:

Quote:
NO I AM DEFINITELY NOT JEALOUS WE HAVE LOST OUR EMPIRE.

This sentence does not make sense?
Quote:
IT WAS IMMORAL AND A TERRIBLE THING

But is how the world has alway's operated. And it's only an oninion.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:55 pm
@the intellect,
America....**** Yeah!
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 12:22 am
@the intellect,
if ur all gonna be biased and say USA then at least back it up with some points.
Intellectually done i would appreciate.
The creation of Fried chicken, Burgers and Gangsta rap would be a good start. (I'm actually being serious although i'm mentioned these to be intentionally antagonistic)
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 01:37 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4938 wrote:
if ur all gonna be biased and say USA then at least back it up with some points.
The creation of Fried chicken, Burgers and Gangsta rap would be a good start. (I'm actually being serious although i'm mentioned these to be intentionally antagonistic)

All the points you ask for can be found in the "Superpower America" thread now stop trolling and answer my last post to you in this thread
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 09:52 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4938 wrote:

]
Quote:

Are you taking notes for class or what? You writing a book? Can we see you back up the UK first! So far all i see is an opinion, nothing to back up your claim in the original post!
Quote:
BUT UK is far ahead of USA in race-relations,

I think you need a little back up on this one. Got proof?
Quote:
is responsible for 55% of world inventions, one of which was the greatest inventional known to man FOOTBALL-the beautiful game.
55% ain't all that great considering how long your country has been around. Can i see how you arrived at this figure? Inventing football, don't you mean soccer?
Quote:
The UK is a very beneovolent country aswell and most of our population question the gov't and are not swayed by dull patriotism.
UK WINS!!!!

Benevolent? A high rating of yourself maybe to the point of thinking others are "inferior"? "dull patriotism"? is what will cause your country's demise. You have it easy because every body else on the planet is affraid of us. That come's through being the badest military on the planet. Allows you to sleep at night so don't knock it too hard, we may fall off you ass.
Quote:
UK WINS!!

Every one knows second place is the first loser. That is you, step up or sit down. The game shall not wait for the likes of you.
0 Replies

htmlmaster

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 11:16 am
@the intellect,
Right now? The US of course. It doesn't say much, seeing as it's the only existing world power.
0 Replies