Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:59 pm
As we will surely be bombarded with new debate arising from Sir Bill O'Reilly's "Culture Warrior," the newest piece of right-wing demagoguery suggesting that those pressing for a "progressive" outlook are being supported by al Quaeda, let us remember:

(1) It was the Bush administration that, under cover of night, shuttled members of the bin Laden family out of the country right after 9-11.

(2) It was the RNC who paired the photograph of Georgia Senator Max Cleland, who lost three limbs in Vietnam, with Osama bin Laden, thereby insinuating that Cleland was in league with al Quaeda. In a culture that already has forgot to read, think, and spell, the stupidest trick was confused with reality. Weeks before the upcoming 2006 midterm elections, they're up to their same old tricks.

(3) My greatest fear? That the Bush bunch and their demonic mouthpieces are
setting us all up sooner or later for a monstrous kick in the teeth by the rest of the world or by some other foreign power -- which with the balance and shift of strength that the flow of history always brings, will someday be greater than ours. It happened with Rome, which thought it was invincible, and thought, "It'll never happen to us." But all things are impermanent, especially power foolishly squandered.

(4) This is what happens eventually when you turn the whole world against you. Shortly after 9-11 we had a brief window of time when by intelligent action, we could have turned world opinion against bin Laden and al Quaeda. Instead the nation (and the media) allowed Bush and Co. to drag us into a puffed-up Iraq war that has drained the life-blood from us a people and a nation. This war, like Vietnam, has split this country down the middle. Remember Bush, the "compassionate conservative," saying, "I wanna be a unifier?" At every turn, he has sought to divide the people of this country against each other. Makes them easier to control, no?

(5) America's military power may be mighty indeed, but there is no power on earth that is eternal, omnipotent, and completely invincible. And woe to him who thinks that he alone is the mouthpiece of God.

(4) We can fight fascism and terrorism without ourselves becoming fascists and terrorists. Who was the teenage Karl Rove's idol? Adolph Hitler.

(5) Long ago it was predicted that fascism would take hold in America not directly by guns and bombs, but through mind-numbing control by a media colluding with fascist-dictator types who hide behind the flag and masquerade as Defenders of Freedom. When right after snatching the White House Bush said, "If I were a dictator, my job would be easier." he wasn't joking, and he wasn't talking about somebody else.

(6) Now? Indeed, it's just our right-wing fanatics against theirs. But did it have to be that way? We might have dealt the "terrorists" a decisive blow if we had really poured it on in Afghanistan. But no, the neo-cons wanted the Iraqi oil. So they trumped up one flimsy pretext after another. And a public too scared, stressed out or tired to notice or do anything about it went along.

(7) When years ago by now they should have said, "Throw the bums out!" By summer's end in 2001, Bush in fact was on a downhill slide. But when 9-11 happened "mysteriously" he suddenly became a hero, and you could see the light come over his face. Why on earth, did he go on and continue reading that goat book to the kids after his aides told him what had happened?

(7) Oh I forgot. Of course, like a true American, he "didn't want to scare the children."

(8) Oh, I also forgot: Hasn't anybody even wondered why the price of gasoline at the pump has suddenly dropped by almost a third, weeks before the election? If we don't throw the bums out and try something new, watch what happens after the election to the price of gasoline.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 937 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:51 am
@DecencyAdvocate,
Looks like we get to steal another election, LOL!
DecencyAdvocate

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 01:59 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4925 wrote:
Looks like we get to steal another election, LOL!

Maybe so, D, but if it happens I wouldn't be too proud about it if I were you. Glib, Glib, Glib. Trying to communicate about these things with self-satisfied ideologues is clearly a waste of time: In response to a thought one gets a smirk. I know these tricks but prefer not to indulge them. I could say, "Remember all this as you go down in flames along with the rest of us." Trouble is, you guys don't because you won't see it coming, and as it's been sneaking up all along draped in The Flag, you'll have no inkling of your own contribution to it. Bye.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:24 pm
@DecencyAdvocate,
DecencyAdvocate;4928 wrote:
Trying to communicate about these things with self-satisfied ideologues is clearly a waste of time: In response to a thought one gets a smirk. I know these tricks but prefer not to indulge them. I could say, "Remember all this as you go down in flames along with the rest of us." Trouble is, you guys don't because you won't see it coming, and as it's been sneaking up all along draped in The Flag, you'll have no inkling of your own contribution to it. Bye.
Quote:
Maybe so, D, but if it happens I wouldn't be too proud about it if I were you. Glib, Glib, Glib.

Why not, that would be(If it happens)the third time we beat you fair and square but you guys already have yourself convinced we stole it again!
Quote:
Trying to communicate about these things with self-satisfied ideologues is clearly a waste of time:
So you don't think your original post was filled with "self-satisfied ideologues" And if it's not is it still a waist of time?
Quote:
In response to a thought one gets a smirk. I know these tricks but prefer not to indulge them.

I think your indulging to a few tricks of your own.
Quote:
I could say, "Remember all this as you go down in flames along with the rest of us."

Yeah, at least we will go down fighting. What will you be doing but watching?
Quote:
Trouble is, you guys don't because you won't see it coming, and as it's been sneaking up all along draped in The Flag, you'll have no inkling of your own contribution to it. Bye.

Won't see it coming, i thought we caused it? I take pride in my inkling thank you. Sorry is the man who gets in our way. Come hell or high water. LOL.
DecencyAdvocate

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 11:09 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4931 wrote:
Why not, that would be(If it happens)the third time we beat you fair and square but you guys already have yourself convinced we stole it again!
So you don't think your original post was filled with "self-satisfied ideologues" And if it's not is it still a waist of time?

I think your indulging to a few tricks of your own.

Yeah, at least we will go down fighting. What will you be doing but watching?

Won't see it coming, i thought we caused it? I take pride in my inkling thank you. Sorry is the man who gets in our way. Come hell or high water. LOL.

OK, D, there's nothing more to say here if that's all you care about and what you think the point of all this is --"going down fighting" and continuing your delusion of "winning fair and square" --as if that's actually what's been happening.

I recommend some some work on logic, spelling, grammar, ethics, history, meditation. But may you never find yourself caught in a real war -- even though nothing less might make a dent in your apparent fantasies.

People fill their heads up with all sorts of crap, but when it comes down to it, "the body shrinks from annihilation."

Exeunt. Write again maybe in about ten years, if you haven't "gone down fighting."
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 12:01 pm
@DecencyAdvocate,
DecencyAdvocate;4919 wrote:
As we will surely be bombarded with new debate arising from Sir Bill O'Reilly's "Culture Warrior," the newest piece of right-wing demagoguery suggesting that those pressing for a "progressive" outlook are being supported by al Quaeda, let us remember:

(1) It was the Bush administration that, under cover of night, shuttled members of the bin Laden family out of the country right after 9-11.

What should they have done? Hand them over to the angry mob perhaps?

(2) It was the RNC who paired the photograph of Georgia Senator Max Cleland, who lost three limbs in Vietnam, with Osama bin Laden, thereby insinuating that Cleland was in league with al Quaeda. In a culture that already has forgot to read, think, and spell, the stupidest trick was confused with reality. Weeks before the upcoming 2006 midterm elections, they're up to their same old tricks.

Not even worth responding to!

(3) My greatest fear? That the Bush bunch and their demonic mouthpieces are setting us all up sooner or later for a monstrous kick in the teeth by the rest of the world or by some other foreign power -- which with the balance and shift of strength that the flow of history always brings, will someday be greater than ours. It happened with Rome, which thought it was invincible, and thought, "It'll never happen to us." But all things are impermanent, especially power foolishly squandered.

LOOK OUT!!! THE SKY IS FALLING ON OUR EMPIRE! TAKE COVER!

(4) This is what happens eventually when you turn the whole world against you. Shortly after 9-11 we had a brief window of time when by intelligent action, we could have turned world opinion against bin Laden and al Quaeda. Instead the nation (and the media) allowed Bush and Co. to drag us into a puffed-up Iraq war that has drained the life-blood from us a people and a nation. This war, like Vietnam, has split this country down the middle. Remember Bush, the "compassionate conservative," saying, "I wanna be a unifier?" At every turn, he has sought to divide the people of this country against each other. Makes them easier to control, no?

What a load of crap! The world is against us? If what you say is true, then why did the EU 3 come "hat in hand" to Bush to take up their failed negotiations with Iran on nuclear proliferation? The country is split down the middle because there are so many demo-crats that brag of "killing" the patriot act. That want to "cut and run" from the war in Iraq. That say we need to stop eavsdropping on terrorist. That. . .

(5) America's military power may be mighty indeed, but there is no power on earth that is eternal, omnipotent, and completely invincible. And woe to him who thinks that he alone is the mouthpiece of God.

More of the same ole, same ole, leftest defeatism. . .We may not be god, but we sure as hell are the sheriff of this planet, and what we say goes!

(4) We can fight fascism and terrorism without ourselves becoming fascists and terrorists. Who was the teenage Karl Rove's idol? Adolph Hitler.

This is code for: lets stop the wiretapping and money transfer monitoring of potential terrorist. Lets give the terrorist every advantage, because, after all, their human too. More nonsense from the left!

(5) Long ago it was predicted that fascism would take hold in America not directly by guns and bombs, but through mind-numbing control by a media colluding with fascist-dictator types who hide behind the flag and masquerade as Defenders of Freedom. When right after snatching the White House Bush said, "If I were a dictator, my job would be easier." he wasn't joking, and he wasn't talking about somebody else.

More nonsense! You totally took that statement out of context. He wasn't serious either. He was trying to explain that the programs he wanted, but were being met with Liberal resistence, were having diffuculty is all. Just another attempt to smear your president in lieu of partisian "far left" propaganda

(6) Now? Indeed, it's just our right-wing fanatics against theirs. But did it have to be that way? We might have dealt the "terrorists" a decisive blow if we had really poured it on in Afghanistan. But no, the neo-cons wanted the Iraqi oil. So they trumped up one flimsy pretext after another. And a public too scared, stressed out or tired to notice or do anything about it went along.

First, theres nothing "right wing" about your party. The neo-cons wanted Iraqi oil??? Then why haven't they taken it? Saddam and his pityful army was crushed in no time. We have the power to carpet bomb that whole country and run everyone the hell outta there, and then just take their oil. Why bother with the elections if this is just some "oil grab"? Your propaganda makes no friggen sense whatsoever!

Second, I feel it necessary to remind you that it was our politicians who voted for a war at a time of post 9/11 fury and fear. When al qaida swore of more attacks to come. When traces of anthrax evacuated our government buildings. In response, the Demo-crats beat their chest to prove that they could out-macho the "smoke-em-outta their holes" and "dead-or-alive" president in laying out the case against Saddam.

Much more importantly, our senate voted to authorize the removal of Saddam Hussein for 22 reasons other than just his possession of dangerous weapons. You've seem to have forgotten that entirely.

If Bush "cherry picked" the dangers of WMD, our congress (the majority of demo-crats included) went well beyond George Bush to make a more far reaching case for war against Saddam. Genocide, violation of U.N. agreements, breaking of the 1991 armistice accords, attempts to kill a former U.S. president, and firing on American jets patrolling the U.N mandated no-fly zones.

I invite you to read the senators resolution for authorizing the war-- "whereas it is in the national security of the United States to restore international peace and security to the Persian Gulf region". Real concerns at the time about al Qaeda's ties to Saddam--"whereas members of al-Qaida, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq." Legitimate fears of terrorism--"whereas Iraq continues to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations, including organizations that threaten the lives and safety of American citizens."

So do us a favor and save your "neocon" propaganda

(7) When years ago by now they should have said, "Throw the bums out!" By summer's end in 2001, Bush in fact was on a downhill slide. But when 9-11 happened "mysteriously" he suddenly became a hero, and you could see the light come over his face. Why on earth, did he go on and continue reading that goat book to the kids after his aides told him what had happened?

More of the far left conspiracy theory that Bush knocked down the towers huh??

(7) Oh I forgot. Of course, like a true American, he "didn't want to scare the children."

You got it! Plus, education is important to him. . .Ever hear of no child left behind? LOL

(8) Oh, I also forgot: Hasn't anybody even wondered why the price of gasoline at the pump has suddenly dropped by almost a third, weeks before the election? If we don't throw the bums out and try something new, watch what happens after the election to the price of gasoline.

More conspiracy theorys. . .Is that all you can bring to the table is this crap? :dunno:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 06:22 pm
@DecencyAdvocate,
DecencyAdvocate;4943 wrote:
OK, D, there's nothing more to say here if that's all you care about and what you think the point of all this is --"going down fighting" and continuing your delusion of "winning fair and square" --as if that's actually what's been happening.

I recommend some some work on logic, spelling, grammar, ethics, history, meditation. But may you never find yourself caught in a real war -- even though nothing less might make a dent in your apparent fantasies.

People fill their heads up with all sorts of crap, but when it comes down to it, "the body shrinks from annihilation."

Exeunt. Write again maybe in about ten years, if you haven't "gone down fighting."
Quote:
OK, D, there's nothing more to say here

Can i hold you to that?
Quote:
if that's all you care about and what you think the point of all this is --"going down fighting" and continuing your delusion of "winning fair and square" --as if that's actually what's been happening.

The difference between me and you is that i'm willing to fight for what i believe. You would put that burden on someone you do not know sooner then seek the burden yourself. Extreme muslims are trying to kill me and my way of life, I've heard them on there own TV claim this as so. So if you see something strange going on any where in the USA you would not try and intercede? Would you look the other way? What if you see a women being raped in a back street ally, you keep walkin? What if that rapist is now in your bedroom, i bet about this time your willing to do something about it?
Quote:
I recommend some some work on logic, spelling, grammar, ethics, history, meditation.

I suggest you do the same. Or are you an intellect as well?
Quote:
But may you never find yourself caught in a real war -- even though nothing less might make a dent in your apparent fantasies.

Why do you assume it's a fantacy when you all ready have yourself convinced this will be our perpertration on the world? My advice would be to prepare being as you already think the same eventual out come. The difference will be me in it and you watching.
Quote:

Where did you get yours filled up? "the body shrinks from annihilation."? Yes i agree you have already made that decision.
Quote:
Exeunt. Write again maybe in about ten years, if you haven't "gone down fighting

Havent you seen my post count, i don't think i'm going anywhere. But if you feel you can not handle this difference of opinion maybe it is not I that should be the one to go?
0 Replies