Why don't we care?

Brian764

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 01:31 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;10066 wrote:
Why don't we care?
Who says we don't care, the US and it's population give more money, time and effort to help other countires and there populations then all of the other countries combined. The fact that a majority of this aid is squandered through corruption and graft in the aid recipient's own country is beyond our control. We give alot, then we get criticized when we Americans wish to protect our own interests. We single handily bail out countries struck by natural disasters, and not only do we get no thanks, but we are criticized and accused of imperialism. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
When will these down trodden people of poor countries take matters into their own hands? If you live in a desert then expect to go hungry, you cant grow food in a desert, so move already. If your dictator is stealing all your money then revolt and stop being sheep. I believe Americans did something similiar in the late 1770's. The funny thing about sheep, you can plant new grass seed and water it, you can do your best to nurture the grass to make sure there is enough to go around, but the sheep will still nibble it down to the root, destroying the grass plant. The US is like that grass plant, and the rest of the world are the sheep.

If you are talking about aid that the government gives that usually comes with some very large strings attached, and more often than not it's against the interest of the people in that particular country. The US has been one of if not the biggest supporters of the most oppressive countries in the world. The USA only hates them when they refuse to continue to be their puppet. For example, Saddam and Noriega. These two guys were once on the CIA's payroll and were assisted into power by the US government, via the CIA.

The CIA
America's Premier International Terrorist Organization

CIA operations follow the same recurring script. First, American business interests abroad are threatened by a popular or democratically elected leader. The people support their leader because he intends to conduct land reform, strengthen unions, redistribute wealth, nationalize foreign-owned industry, and regulate business to protect workers, consumers and the environment.
So, on behalf of American business, and often with their help, the CIA mobilizes the opposition. First it identifies right-wing groups within the country (usually the military), and offers them a deal: "We'll put you in power if you maintain a favorable business climate for us." The Agency then hires, trains and works with them to overthrow the existing government (usually a democracy). It uses every trick in the book: propaganda, stuffed ballot boxes, purchased elections, extortion, blackmail, sexual intrigue, false stories about opponents in the local media, infiltration and disruption of opposing political parties, kidnapping, beating, torture, intimidation, economic sabotage, death squads and even assassination.

These efforts culminate in a military coup, which installs a right-wing dictator. The CIA trains the dictator's security apparatus to crack down on the traditional enemies of big business, using interrogation, torture and murder. The victims are said to be "communists" [or these days "terrorists"] but almost always they are just peasants, liberals, moderates, labor union leaders, political opponents and advocates of free speech and democracy. Widespread human rights abuses follow.

To read more go to the link below

The CIA: America's Premier International Terrorist Organization

Exclusive: Saddam key in early CIA plot

By Richard Sale
UPI Intelligence Correspondent
From the International Desk
Published 4/10/2003 7:30 PM

Source: United Press International - News. Analysis. Insight.™ - 100 Years of Journalistic Excellence

U.S. forces in Baghdad might now be searching high and
low for Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, but in the past
Saddam was seen by U.S. intelligence services as a
bulwark of anti-communism and they used him as their
instrument for more than 40 years, according to former
U.S. intelligence diplomats and intelligence officials.

United Press International has interviewed almost a
dozen former U.S. diplomats, British scholars and
former U.S. intelligence officials to piece together
the following account. The CIA declined to comment on
the report.

While many have thought that Saddam first became
involved with U.S. intelligence agencies at the start
of the September 1980 Iran-Iraq war, his first contacts
with U.S. officials date back to 1959, when he was part
of a CIA-authorized six-man squad tasked with
assassinating then Iraqi Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-
Karim Qasim.

In July 1958, Qasim had overthrown the Iraqi monarchy
in what one former U.S. diplomat, who asked not to be
identified, described as "a horrible orgy of
bloodshed."

Read more go to.

Saddam-CIA
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:09 pm
@Brian764,
Quote:
The world is full of wicked people who are only interested to aquiring things for them selves.

actually, that means that people who are wealthy are "wicked" and so to be poor somehow is "wicked"-exempt? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....very interesting, quick, anyone want all my money?????

How about "he [God] gave abundance, he {man} took abundance, and still abundance remained..." etc. etc. corinthians l think

So back to the topic, the more you have the happier you get because then you have time to do what you want, such as create jobs, by doing well with business, setting an example as a good role model. being a conscientious citizen, helping out others, and giving to the poor, and contributing to the overall wealth of the country by adding to the global marketplace, and providing new products {like inventors who created the wealth in north america like edison, barnes, the wright brothers, einstein, etc.}, and protecting our country by contributing to taxes and supporting such public services such as firefighters, the military and the mailman....geesh, glad your not running the country.

I hardly think that God wants us to suffer poverty...get rich and help the world and l am pretty sure God will be delighted.
Brian764

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:51 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;43411 wrote:
actually, that means that people who are wealthy are "wicked" and so to be poor somehow is "wicked"-exempt? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....very interesting, quick, anyone want all my money?????

You know it's not good to twist someone's word to mean what you want it to mean, it only question your motive. I know that I did not say people who are wealthy are wicked and the poor are not.

Well just in case you are not aware of this, let me explain something to you, their are poor people who are selfish too, and have the same attitude as those who are wealthy and abuse people and the environment for their own short sightedness. The only difference between the person who is poor and selfish and the rich, who is selfish, is that the wealthier person is able to do more damage….the point that I was making is that all people by nature are selfish, to one degree or another.

It would behooves all of us to examine ourselves (self examination is not our natural way of doing things) and see where we have played a part in making the world the mess that it’s in.

And one more thing, true happiness does not come from having things, that's the problem. People use and abuse others because they are under this false idea that more equals happiness, yet the more they acquire the less happiness they seem to have.
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 05:47 pm
@Brian764,
Quote:

I don't agree with that, God made a perfect world...what exists is a situation in which mankind as a whole will reach a higher level of awareness. Take for example the San Diego fire, the tragedy that happened to those people has touched all of us, and out of the ashes the proverbial pheonix is that people could see that what was important was life. Larry King was one of the many shows covering this and the message was deep and significant.

Quote:
And one more thing, true happiness does not come from having things, that's the problem. People use and abuse others because they are under this false idea that more equals happiness, yet the more they acquire the less happiness they seem to have.

Actually, l level of happiness comes to those who are free and the freedom is because they have found ways fo bringing what they need to survive. It might not be wealth, or it might be, but regardless, wealth brings a freedom from the daily routine of going to a job, that sounds pretty darn merry to just about everyone l know. Also, the wealthy that l know are very happy because they have reached a level of enlightenment which allows them to bring in wealth in all parts of there life, in this they can pursuit the things that matter, spending time with loved ones, sharing love and joy with the world in their particular way etc.

To dispise those with money is a mistake that many of us have been told when growing up...the wealthy are those of God's children who have recognized that God wants us to accept abundance, whatever it means in our perception.
Brian764

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:03 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;43488 wrote:
I don't agree with that, God made a perfect world...what exists is a situation in which mankind as a whole will reach a higher level of awareness. Take for example the San Diego fire, the tragedy that happened to those people has touched all of us, and out of the ashes the proverbial pheonix is that people could see that what was important was life. Larry King was one of the many shows covering this and the message was deep and significant.

When God made man and everything that was on it, it was very good. But that is not the state that the world is now in. The world is dyeing, in fact Jesus said that human beings are dead, except for those who have been called of God, and given His Holy Spirit. Of course He did not mean the they were dead physically. He meant that they were dead spiritually; they do not have true life. If the world was the way it was when God made it we would not have any tragedy to speak about. The Bible says that this is Satan's world; his throne is one the earth. Mankind was given ruler ship of the earth, but Adam and Eve gave it over to Satan when the rejected God.

I don't know what kind of awareness you might be talking about, but what I know is this. Human beings will never and can never reach their full potential apart from God. God came to this earth in the likeness of human beings to die for ours sins, and to show all people what their purpose is and why He made mankind. Jesus is our identity, because He came in our image/flesh, even though He was and is God from eternity. Jesus is now backing in heaven, sitting on His Father's throne ruling over all things. The Bible says as we, speaking to Christians have born the image of the man of dust/flesh, we shall also bare the image of the heavenly man...that heavenly man is Jesus. So our true purpose is infinitely greater than what we could ever understand. So there is nothing on our part that we can do to bring this about. God will bring this about, but the thing though is for one to be able to attain such lofty heights, one has to accept Jesus as his/her savior and be baptized and the gift of the Holy Spirit will be given to that individual. Apart from that that person is dead in the eyes of God. As Jesus told one of the disciples when He was calling him to be His disciple, the man said, "let me first go and bury my dead." But Jesus said to him, "let the dead bury their dead, you come and follow me."

Tulip;43488 wrote:
Actually, l level of happiness comes to those who are free and the freedom is because they have found ways fo bringing what they need to survive. It might not be wealth, or it might be, but regardless, wealth brings a freedom from the daily routine of going to a job, that sounds pretty darn merry to just about everyone l know. Also, the wealthy that l know are very happy because they have reached a level of enlightenment which allows them to bring in wealth in all parts of there life, in this they can pursuit the things that matter, spending time with loved ones, sharing love and joy with the world in their particular way etc.

It is the truth that set one free

John 8:32 (KJV)
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

What is truth?

John 17:17 (KJV)
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Tulip;43488 wrote:
To dispise those with money is a mistake that many of us have been told when growing up...the wealthy are those of God's children who have recognized that God wants us to accept abundance, whatever it means in our perception.

I do not dispise people with money, but the problem with most people with money is that that is what they rely on. Jesus said it is impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.....why? Because their wealth is their god.

God did not create mankind just for him to aquire things.

Luke 12:14-15 (KJV)
14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Money only fills a temporary need; it cannot prevent one from dyeing when they have reached the end of their life. It cannot make onyone have a relation ship with God. When a Child of God is glorified (this will take place at Jesus' second coming) he/she will have no need or use for money or the things that money can buy. They will be truly free; free from pain, free from death, free from hunger, free from all the physical limitations that all human beings have, including those with money....now that is freedom.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 12:14 pm
@markx15,
I think you are making sweeping statements about the wealthy. And also about money. If the world is created by God, then so is abundance, and there is a distinct difference between having money and acting in a certain way. The two do not necessarily go together. In fact l know people, and l am sure you do, that are not rich, and still covet, and saving money is there GOd. In fact, some religious practices are all about possessing poverty, and covetting a lack of abundance and holding on to suffering, and instead of the experience of God they experience that experience.

If you believe what you say, however, that is fine with me. It seems that you have faith in your words and interpretations so who am l to argue?

I am reading this book "conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch, and it is interesting given the content of the conversations of the forums...he is asking God questions and this is some of the reply,

"Words might help youunderstand something. Experience allows you to know. Yet there are some things you can not experience. So l have given you other tools of knowing. And these are called feelings. And so too, thoughts.
Now the supreme irony here is that you have placed so much importance on the word of God, and so little on the experience."--page 4

If you hold just one of those verses in your mind for a day and ask God to unveil the meaning for you, the day will be a experience of truth. Just an idea l got from one of my teachers.
Brian764

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:23 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;43550 wrote:
In fact l know people, and l am sure you do, that are not rich, and still covet, and saving money is there GOd.

If you go back you will see that I made this point earlier.

Tulip;43550 wrote:
I am reading this book "conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch, and it is interesting given the content of the conversations of the forums...he is asking God questions and this is some of the reply,

"Words might help youunderstand something. Experience allows you to know. Yet there are some things you can not experience. So l have given you other tools of knowing. And these are called feelings. And so too, thoughts.
Now the supreme irony here is that you have placed so much importance on the word of God, and so little on the experience."--page 4

If you hold just one of those verses in your mind for a day and ask God to unveil the meaning for you, the day will be a experience of truth. Just an idea l got from one of my teachers.

I chose to let the Bible be my guide; I trust no other book like I do the Bible. God inspired the Bible to be written for His people that will be living in the last days. I'm not saying that reading other books is bad, just that I don't need to read other people's books to come to the truth, because I have the Bible, (books are the ideas and thought of men/women, but not necessarily of God) and to help me to understand His word He has given me His Holy Spirit...that's all I need.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:21 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;43589 wrote:
If you go back you will see that I made this point earlier.

I chose to let the Bible be my guide; I trust no other book like I do the Bible. God inspired the Bible to be written for His people that will be living in the last days. I'm not saying that reading other books is bad, just that I don't need to read other people's books to come to the truth, because I have the Bible, (books are the ideas and thought of men/women, but not necessarily of God) and to help me to understand His word He has given me His Holy Spirit...that's all I need.

Yeah, but have you ever considered that other believers view the Bible as your book? What's to say your book is more accurate than theirs?
Brian764

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:52 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43611 wrote:
Yeah, but have you ever considered that other believers view the Bible as your book? What's to say your book is more accurate than theirs?

No offence intended but I am not interested in how others view the Bible; that is their choice and business. I am more concern with what I believe, and as the scriptures say, "prove all things and hold fast to that which is good". I have done just that, so what others believe is of no consequence to me one way or the other.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:42 am
@markx15,
God provides many guides, if the bible works for you then that is wonderful. However, you might want to check out the version. The bible was interpreted and misinterpreted as the language is pretty tricky to translate. The Lamsa version is the closest today to the original version.

Throughout our journey, people cross our path who offer wisdom and guidance, if Jesus was one of the avators on this earth, and he chose others to pass on his word, then don't you think that God has given you everything you need to discern those current guides, he has placed here on earth to inspire and give you food for thought?

I know that Mother Theresa has helped to bring the world to a higher level of awareness, and there will be a time in the near future when people will scoff at the idea that Ghandi walked the earth.

These guides are here, and were here for the very reason of learning at a deeper, current level what God is all about. it is agift to be around, and to be a part of these people.

i know recently l was priviledged to be in the prescence of such a teacher, and l know that now l feel a deeper understanding than before l heard what he spoke of.

It is a shame for anyone to not heed their inner compass, and to by-pass all the amazing teachers of this age.
0 Replies