What does Islam really teach?

Drnaline

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:02 pm
@al islam,
As most know i am Christian. Mind if i ask both of you your prospective faiths?
markx15

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:12 am
@al islam,
I think I would have to say Agnostic.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 10:39 am
@al islam,
Agnostic, you don't debate like one, thumbs up. My first guess would be that you were a person of faith.
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 10:42 am
@Drnaline,
Spiritual...and don't try to convert me.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 12:06 pm
@al islam,
I wouldn't think of it. I love you just the way you are, LOL.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 01:42 pm
@al islam,
Christian and following Jesus.
oleo

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 03:01 pm
@GoodBoy,
Atheist, former Catholic... fan of Jesus, though.

As one of you said, religious books are written down and printed by men, most
after being kept alive verbally for hundreds of years, or copied by keepers of
the various faiths who translated whatever was being said. There's room for
honest mistakes, as well as outright tampering to fit some agenda, in all of them.

Also, do you realize that a great many of the lower class Muslims, the ones who
fall prey to being manipulated by the extremist leaders, are illiterate? They don't
even have the luxury of reading the printed words for themselves, instead relying
on what they're told it all says... and that is what's extremely dangerous.

"Don'y question Allah, and to question what I say is to question what Allah says..."
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 04:40 pm
@al islam,
I only say Agnostic, because some of the things I believe in are too lets say contrary to all the religions I know of. I am a person of faith, faith in God, and in no religion or definition of God.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:16 pm
@al islam,
Christian , lapsed Methodist as a matter of fact .
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:18 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Not to worry, l am a lapsed everything...it goes under the heading "spiritual".
0 Replies

pelitsnake

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 08:48 pm
@al islam,
Tulip what you have done is very cleaver. And some of the quotations don't even exist like Tabari IX:113 i could find it any where. I admire it that you have actually taken the time to read the holy quran. but the thing you have done is this: for example: say if the actual verse is " you shall hurt them, the ones that hurt you. <--(example) You said "you shall hurt them" and you missed the important bit. its like saying for example: i gave him a scar by accident. but if you say just ' i gave him a scar ' that completely changes the meaning and the interpretation.

And as far as the prophet is concerned what you have said might be your opinion, all opinions are valid, its about what you think. But the problem with the Internet is its too biased. you would obviously expect to find criticism if you search something like the prophet of doom. And i am not going to say what i believe about the prophet because you might not care.

At the end of the day the message i am trying to put across is that. we all have a right to choose and go our separate ways but you cannot criticize something unless you have concrete evidence. We know that every one cannot not be right. there is only one true belief and that is what you believe in. if you are lucky you will find the right one.

And the Holy Quran has never changed it has stayed the same from when it was written and to date. And will never change. so that why you can look and any genuine Islam site for the English translations (translations the do vary,but that's just the wording the meaning is the same).

And for your reference here are 3 translation sites USC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts (3 different translators)
English - Submission.org (1 translator)
The Holy Quran (complete online text): English translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali ( 1 translator)

If you read it you might find it interesting.

oh yh and i wanted to ask you in christianity what the the affairs to do with heaven and hell?
we believe that life is a test an if you pass you go to heave and if you fail well you know. Its says that not 1 in 100 not 1 in 200 or 1 in 300 but
1 in 1000. will go to heaven so the people who are in their right mind care.
by the way are you from the states?

i hope i haven't offended you. Unlike some i respect what other people believe in but "in my opinion Islam is the the current true religion"

if there are any questions please ask Smile

Thanks for your time =)

P.S: sorry if offended you
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 04:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Are you kidding me? I am delighted! In fact I had given up because everyone agrees with me, if you disagree that makes me search and understand better...so l will get back to you.:lightbulb:
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 05:44 pm
@Drnaline,
okay snake, so what exactly is your question, because you say that l am taking parts of quotes. Do you mean like this?-

Quote:

because here are five sources-

Quote:
Ahmed Ali 5:51 O believers, do not hold Jews and Christians as your allies. They are allies of one another; and anyone who makes them his friends is surely one of them; and God does not guide the unjust.

Quote:

Quote:
Pickthal 5:51 O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

Quote:
Shakir 5:51 O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Quote:
Yusuf Ali 5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

In 750 A.D. Ibn Ishaq wrote the Sirat Rasul ALLAH.
Around 900 A.D. Abu Muhammad bin Al Tabri wrote the Al-Tabari
[and is used in the mainstream islam in North America}

The oldest bits and pieces found of Muhammad's musings were dated to 725 A.D. which means that over a century past until it was retreived from the generations of tribes who had memorized it, embellished it, and then tried to recall the stories.

Quote:

here is another one that you are cirticising. in fact the more you read the more horrific the reality of what the mainstream teachings of the Quran actually are.

And it explains what is the fire in the belly, the motivation of those groups in the middle east.

For example, we wonder, why would the Pirate, l mean, Prezident of Iran threaten to wipe Israel off the face of the earth?

Here we are trying to create a peace plan that will put an end to the violence...and this man rushes to build nuclear bombs, outright lies and breaks promises, denies the holocast, has a conference to insult the world in regard to the holocast, and the list goes on and on...

Why?

and why do the terrorist organization insist on breaking ceasefires and any efforts of peace and negotiation?

and why do they vow revenge and hatred?

well just look at the core of every Islamists heart, what they are taught, what the tribal values are all about, the terrorist handbook aka the QURAN

So here is more of this hatred...

from the Ahmed Ali -
Quote:
Fight those people of the Book who do not believe in God and the Last Day, who do not prohibit what God and His Apostle have forbidden, nor accept divine law, until all of them pay protective tax in submission.

from the Noble
Quote:

I would go on but my point is made.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 05:57 pm
@al islam,
A point well made.
0 Replies

pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:34 am
@Tulip cv,
hello,
i know what you have quoted sound like terrorism but their values are a lot different when they have been translated in English. And you should try reading the earlier verses before quoting one. The bit where it says do not take christians and Jews as your friends is because at that time Islam was a minority and both of these religions were persecuting them.

Yh, i admit that what some of the Muslims are doing is wrong but you have to look at the causes which nearly all of the people forget about. More and more civilians are being killed in Iraq each day its worse that before and now they plan to leave. And palestine, lets say this is what happened to them. for e.g. say if a complete stranger came knocking on your front door and said " from now on i own this but of your house and you are no allowed to use it, i will be settling in tomorrow" would you tolerate that?

I know what is going on has made you think that Islam is a terror religion but that's not true and i came to this forum not to convert you but to change your opinion or atleast know where they are coming from.

Islam helped colossally with the development of science and maths take for instance algebra it was take by ibn
Musa al-Khowarizmi.

and an instant scientific fact. Allah Almighty in one Word said that He made the earth as an egg. We all know today that earth is spherical and science did confirm that the earth is indeed egg-shaped. if you would like to know more click : Allah Almighty said that the earth is "egg-shaped".

My point is that Islam is not a so called " terrorist religion" and i hope you would look at things from all points of view before you conclude. And more and more people are converting to Islam with their own research.

Thanks for your time =) i hope i haven't offended anyone:peace:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:42 am
@al islam,
I have no problem with Islam itself , nor with the majority of Muslims . The problem is with the radicals who are fostering terrorism worlwide . What can you say in defense of them ?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:56 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;8367 wrote:
I have no problem with Islam itself , nor with the majority of Muslims . The problem is with the radicals who are fostering terrorism worldwide . What can you say in defense of them ?

Hello, well as i said earlier that they are enraged by the killing of other Muslims brothers as am i. But they have the wrong approach to killing civilians but you have to have symphony with was happening in the middle east.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 07:18 am
@Drnaline,
"...enraged by the killing of other Muslims brothers"

Ok , but what about the killing of others and the stated goal of "wiping Israel off the map " , and the attacks against ships , embassies , etc. , not to mention 911 ? It may be fine to be enraged by the killing of Muslim's brothers , but what about innocents killed by these other attacks ? What about Iraqis that just happen to be close to a car bomb ?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 07:24 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;8369 wrote:
"...enraged by the killing of other Muslims brothers"

Ok , but what about the killing of others and the stated goal of "wiping Israel off the map " , and the attacks against ships , embassies , etc. , not to mention 911 ? It may be fine to be enraged by the killing of Muslim's brothers , but what about innocents killed by these other attacks ? What about Iraqis that just happen to be close to a car bomb ?

I wrote in another thread
Pelitsnake wrote:

I hope that has answered your question, and if you have anymore you are welcome to ask.
thanks for your time :peace:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 07:30 am
@Drnaline,