What does Islam really teach?

rhopper3

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:29 pm
@al islam,
I still prefer to judge people by what they do and the harm they bring to their fellow human beings. Doing the wrong thing in the name of heaven is still the wrong thing....I personally do not care which religions is the purest
yakitysmakity

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 02:34 pm
@al islam,
There are so many misconceptions of Islam and I can't hope to speak for an entire religion as I know non of you can for yours. Muslim means one who submits his will to the will of GOD. In truth just based on that definition there is no one book or one doctrine for a Muslim to follow. This is not popular because its Humanities philosophy to separate itself and to alienate those that don't look, act, feel or think like them. A little about me I am a Black man who grew up in a American Muslim community I went to a Muslim private School and learned to read Quranic Arabic right along with english. On the other hand my grand parents and outside of my Immediate parents were for the most part were Christians and other faiths from Buddhist to Bahi. I've seen post after post of people paraphrasing and editing the Quran then on the Muslim Side Paraphrasing and editing the Bible then on both sides paraphrasing and editing Judaism... lol I'm sure at some point someone will paraphrase and edit the teachings of the Buddha. I'd like to point out some facts that not most people look to in the Quran and Hadith Prophet Muhammad was shown the revelations of all humanity this is my point in every scenario that wisdom was shared that created our doctrines of life there was a specific understanding from different people. I feel that true Muslims are one that look back to the first words Prophet Muhammad was told "Read In the Name of Your Lord that Created You." Now reading can never be one source we learn that everyday in our schools in our lives we always need multiple sources to understand a single subject. So look at this fundamental facts. Fact #1 the 10 Commandments 10 basic laws that point to how to live a just and righteous life. Fact #2 The life of the Buddha a understanding of the responsibility of humanity on itself and its surroundings. Fact #3 The life of Jesus Christ the love and respect for life that teaches that no man woman or child should be mistreated and left alone. Fact #4 The teachings of the Quran who's most important message is the reverence and the fear of GOD Almighty. This is our lives this is everyone of our concerns Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist heck even Wiccans and Idol worshipers have the same basic concerns of life. Why are we arguing who's right and who's wrong when if we look at life under the basic logical laws the truth of right and wrong will lead you to the straight path. And I don't care what your faith is that should be all of our goals. We are given analytical skills for a reason. There is no faith or thought that should get in the way of reason people are confused out here people are hurting and scared. Learn more read more teach more we will understand our differences true our communication. That is why GOD separated us in the first place because no one man can know it all. All of us have different experiences that shape our actions how many times were you sure that there was only one way to think until you met someone that thought differently and expanded your horizon. A little more about me I am married to a Christian woman who grew up in the South the Bible belt and because of her lack of understanding about people different then herself struggled with loving a Muslim. In the Quran it states "there is no compulsion in religion" so regardless of any war words you find this point is always true. No one is forced and can be forced to believe and when force is applied we will fight for our belief. Lets all stop forcing things lets understand lets recognize our contribution to the world and point to that as a fact. Like the books of a library all are knowledge and we can't read every book but if we share we can become more knowledgeable. Peace Be Unto You.
0 Replies

sectionOne

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:07 am
@rhopper3,
please don't compare Islam to Christianity.
and Islam is violent, that's all you need to know.
rhopper3

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 01:42 pm
@al islam,
A logical and insightful treatise but I still prefer a simplier approach and again I say that evil is as evil does...If you harm another for no discernable reason not related to self defense or great necessity of preserving life and innocence, your wrong
It is actions and intent that make evil not the text of one's stated beliefs
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 05:04 pm
@rhopper3,
I consider Wahabbi Islam to be a violent cult, Saudia Arabia is funding the spread of this violent and midevail version of the Koran world wide. Even in Canada and the US they fund mosques and mandrassas to spread this vile form of Islam. I wish our govenments would stop allowing this country to spread hatred in the forum of donations. It would go along way to eradicating the spread of Islamic Terrorism.

Here's what a Muslim woman thinks of Islam, it's long but it's a powerful read and a painful one. She asks why we in the west have forsaken our Muslim Sisters, good question why aren't females in democratic countries not speaking out about the human rights or lack there of for Muslim women?

Essay: Islam Watch - "Women in Islam: Bitter Laments of a Bengali Muslim Woman" by Jahanara Begum
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 05:16 pm
@sectionOne,
sectionOne;14739 wrote:
please don't compare Islam to Christianity.
and Islam is violent, that's all you need to know.

Man, I love you.:p
0 Replies

yakitysmakity

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:36 pm
@al islam,
Here's the thing guys I'm not here to argue the right of those that hurt people I do not endorse there actions. If you read my point further I'm saying that you have to judge with your heart the truth to life thats all. There is evil all over the world I don't care if a man calls himself Muslim, Christian, Jew or whatever. Evil is evil. You will loose your mind if your paint a broad stroke of Hate just like those radical "Muslims". I'm sure at some point they started off with idea they were doing good but because they were filled with hate look where they are. And again if we hate them and seek revenge what will happen we will be in the same boat. But this will be all I have to say on this subject "to you be your way and to me be mines". Peace.
sectionOne

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 11:40 am
@yakitysmakity,
yakitysmakity;14798 wrote:
Here's the thing guys I'm not here to argue the right of those that hurt people I do not endorse there actions. If you read my point further I'm saying that you have to judge with your heart the truth to life thats all. There is evil all over the world I don't care if a man calls himself Muslim, Christian, Jew or whatever. Evil is evil. You will loose your mind if your paint a broad stroke of Hate just like those radical "Muslims". I'm sure at some point they started off with idea they were doing good but because they were filled with hate look where they are. And again if we hate them and seek revenge what will happen we will be in the same boat. But this will be all I have to say on this subject "to you be your way and to me be mines". Peace.

wrong. if you don't realize the violent movement of Islam you will be a victim of the next wave of terrorism attacks. inspired by the Quran, carried out by Muslims. this isn't about racism or bigotry, just fact. violence is encouranged and preached by imams all over the world and we are at war.
politically-wrong

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 06:00 am
@sectionOne,
sectionOne;14883 wrote:
wrong. if you don't realize the violent movement of Islam you will be a victim of the next wave of terrorism attacks. inspired by the Quran, carried out by Muslims. this isn't about racism or bigotry, just fact. violence is encouranged and preached by imams all over the world and we are at war.

If you consider yourself at war then all actions are allowed , because war is all about getting what you want regardless of logic , for if one had any he wouldnot resort to war , secondly you go on spreading judgements about others as if you know and can read people mind's , teach me that !! , the imams you are talking about are encouraging self defense , because they believe muslims are under attack which makes self defence in any form valid , just as you feel right about invading Iraq to protect your self from WMD's , and supporting Israel in palestine because ( well God only knows how you reason it to your self )
0 Replies