• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,840 • Replies: 188
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 07:54 am
@al islam,
This is the message i got when i clicked. "The url contained a malformed video id. "
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:33 am
@al islam,
URL fixed
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:00 pm
@Brent cv,
In my experience those teachings are consistent with most Muslim people I have met , and probably the tenents followed by a large majority of Muslims in the world .
That having been said , those tenents ( and many others in Islam ) have been twisted by radical Muslims to advance their causes . It is the radicals that have the ears of the world at this time , and it is unfortunate that most of the West hears them only .
One would serve himself well to research Islam and its teachings from the perspective of the more moderate Imams , rather than these misguided ones we are fighting now .
Another Youtube movie shows an ex-Muslim lady explaining that this is a clash of civilizations , and was started by the radicals .
Truth about Islam from an ex-Muslin lady
Azmr

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 10:25 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4459 wrote:
In my experience those teachings are consistent with most Muslim people I have met , and probably the tenents followed by a large majority of Muslims in the world .
That having been said , those tenents ( and many others in Islam ) have been twisted by radical Muslims to advance their causes . It is the radicals that have the ears of the world at this time , and it is unfortunate that most of the West hears them only .
One would serve himself well to research Islam and its teachings from the perspective of the more moderate Imams , rather than these misguided ones we are fighting now .
Another Youtube movie shows an ex-Muslim lady explaining that this is a clash of civilizations , and was started by the radicals .
Truth about Islam from an ex-Muslin lady

I agree with you Curmudgeon.
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:28 am
@Azmr,
This is in the Koran:

"Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." (Koran 8:37)
The Koran instructs not to make friendship with Jews and Christians (Koran 5:51) but to war against them: "When the Sacred Months are over, kill those who ascribe partners to God wheresoever ye find them; seize them, encompass them, and ambush them; then if they repent and observe prayer and pay the alms, let them go their way (Koran 4:5). "Fight against those who believe not in God nor in the Last Day, who... refuse allegiance to the True Faith from among those who have received the Book, until they humbly pay tribute out of hand." (Koran 9:29) Note: These verses distinguish between warfare against pagans, and against Jews and Christians.[17]
"...kill the disbelievers wherever we find them" (Koran 2:191); "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (Koran 9:5); "murder them and treat them harshly" (Koran 9:123).
"Seize ye him, and bind ye him, And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire. Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits! This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High. And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent! So no friend hath he here this Day. Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds, Which none do eat but those in sin." (Koran 69:30-37)
"Strike off the heads of the disbelievers"; and after making a "wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives" (Koran 47:4).
"Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers"; "smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them" (Koran 8:12; cp. 8:60).
"O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern against them. Their abode is Hell - an evil refuge indeed" (Koran 9:73).
"slay or crucify or cut the hands and feet of the unbelievers, that they be expelled from the land with disgrace..." (Koran 5:34).
"for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods" (Koran 22:19-22)

Seems pretty clear to me why devouted Muslims are violent suicide bombers.
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:35 am
@BonaParte cv,
Yes, I did read those posts in that website as well.
Here they are:

blueicesheeba (15 hours ago)
Yes it is very true that Islam is a very peaceful religion but unfortunately we choose not to follow the footsteps of our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w and the guidelines which are given to us in the Quran by Allah, we turn to our emotions and take justice into our own hands by doing the wrongful acts which are not permissible ISLAM.
(Reply)

blueicesheeba (15 hours ago)
Lets just imagine if our beloved prophet Mohammed (s.a.w) saw the wrongs we did, how upset would he be with us, lets bring out the true luminous light of Islam, by following our beloved prophet Mohammed s.a.w footsteps. He showed us to fulfill the rights of others.

As I said before on another thread, most muslims themselves have no idea what the koran teaches. This is a prime example. They talk about their "beloved" prophet who was in fact a killer terrorist instructing his followers to kill all non muslims.........
Tulip cv

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
@BonaParte cv,
Here is another teaching of Islamists-

Internet Video Powered by CastUP
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 04:38 pm
@al islam,
These teachings were needed to difuse the religion, without them, Islam might not be as strong as it is today. I believe a revision is needed to adapt them to modern days. Allah will provide what man can't, if not then time and reason will take thier toll. Anyways how can you be sure that these are Mohammed`s real teachings? Hasn't the Holy Bible been victim of manipulation? There were 32 writen gospels, is it true that only 4 were the true words of the Christ?

A man of God who suffers an injustice does not blame the offender, because he does not know any better, on the other hand, he shows him an example of his God through gracious actions and respect. Neither does he feel rage towards his opressor, he is saddened that there exists opression. We must step outside of ourselves, not to form an opinion, but to be free of opinions, not to find truth, but to be rid of lies.
If these are Gods teaching let him deal with them, you are yourself.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:38 pm
@markx15,
Here is an example of the Law of Islam and how to treat Christians-

Quote:

Quote:

And how the Law of Islam teaches followers how to treat Jews-

Quote:

Quote:

and then The Law of Islam instructs followers how to treat women-

Quote:

Quote:

Then the law of Islam teaches about terrorism-

Quote:

Quote:

Then the law of Islam teaches about how to treat children-

Quote:

Then the law of Islam teaches about tolerance

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just some examples of how the Law of Islam teaches....
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:45 pm
@al islam,
Even more reason to show them respect and tolerance, because they are they ones who need them. Didnt Jesus teach you to love those who despise you and to do good deeds to those who do you evil? Not that the messenger matters, not when the message he carries is not his, but belongs to all.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
@markx15,
Hey Mark, I haven't understood what you were referring to in your previous comments...you see l have never said anything derogatory towards anyone, if you read my posts and view the video you will see it is information...I have not posted anything about my personal opinion good or bad...so if you want to contribute, why don't read the post to check if what you think is being said in an intolerant, unkind, or negative way, rather than imposing what you might think might be behind a statement....
markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:09 pm
@al islam,
You've misunderstood, my posts on this thread werent really meant as a response to something you said, but as to the conclusion that I reached after reading these sections of the q'uran. The first time I read them it almost justified for me the discrimination present against Islam, in the spirit of avoiding unfair hatred I wrote what I wrote. I just wrote it again after your second post to so that both sides of the story are presented. Or what I perhaps foolishly consider to be both sides.
You barely said anything at all! I am sorry if you took offense, but know that it was not intended.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:10 pm
@Tulip cv,
Here is an example of how the Law of Islam teaches it's followers to regard treaties and promises-

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and this is how the law of Islam justifies stealing and keeping other people's property, and a modern day example is found in Turkey, just one example, in how they took over millions of dollars of real estate simply because the people where not Muslims...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

just a few examples that are still being taught and followed to this day.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:18 pm
@Tulip cv,
No offence is taken Mark, I was just puzzled. The comments you post are valid and would be enriched {and make sense to the direction of the threads] with references to the thread's title, in being about what Islam is really teaching. This is what l was puzzled about...
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:21 pm
@al islam,
If I could ask you a question, how did you find all these quotes from the q'uran?
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:33 pm
@markx15,
In trying to understand the world and all the religious contraversy, l decided to investigate for myself, so l began to read religious text.

For example, l was told by a friend, a Pakistani bride, that Muslims loved Jesus too.

Then on the forums l found out more, l had to understand what this was about, because living in a multi-cultural society l know that Muslims are not bad people, and deserve to be treated with respect and consideration...

what l learnt is from the Quran, Hadith , the actual {english translation]books, and then there are a ka-zillion on-line interpretations to help you navigate the text as Arabic translations are wide ranging.

It is very worthwhile reading, since so much of our world is entangled in news reports that are half explaining the situation, and concern conflicts between the religions.

just look up Quran, Koran, Muhammad, Mohammad, etc.....lots and lots and lots of info.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:49 pm
@al islam,
Quote:
In trying to understand the world and all the religious contraversy

Did you get anywhere with that? I am stuck on a couple of questions of which I am not sure of the answear(or if there is one).

Quote:
just look up Quran, Koran, Muhammad, Mohammad, etc.....lots and lots and lots of info

Thank you, I will.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:58 pm
@markx15,
Answers are only what you can see as the truth, and so l have formed some opinions but l change them constantly as more information comes to light. l don't think there is any hard and dry answer to the many warped religions of the world...there is good and bad in everything, and people deserve to have the freedom to make there own opinions about what they want to believe...

I think forums are the greatest teacher because there are so many opinions in insights, and when you see stupidity you just know it and then have to find out what is the truth...

if you think you have an answer post a thread and all kinds of information will come forth...you might change you mind, or you might be more convinced about your claim...ciao for now
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:04 pm
@al islam,
Well said
0 Replies