Japan resurgent

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 10:50 pm
Hello guys,

North Korea is going to conduct a nuclear weapons test very soon. Meanwhile in Japan, Shinzo Abe became a prime minister. He calls for the revision of the Japanese constitution and creation a big army, which would be able to deter North Korea and China from possible attack on Japan. While China is already a nuclear power and North Korea is planning to join that club, the only possibility to successfully discourage these countries from military involvement is by creating its own huge nuclear arsenal. It looks like we have another arm race going on and possible nuclear conflict in Asia.

Here is an interesting article about that:
The European Courier | Japan Resurgent
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,017 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 12:05 pm
@European cv,
It's a good thing we got bases in south Korea. Japan should be able to address what it believes to be a threat. They have proven there loyalty to the system of governing and as an ally.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:49 pm
@European cv,
I agree , Japan should be allowed to defend herself . I don't think they will revert to the enemy we saw in WWII .
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:20 pm
@European cv,
Hah, I was wondering if Japan was allowed to build an army that wasn't just for state defense. Guess that's my answer, the coming months should be interesting...
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:09 pm
@European cv,
A Nuclear North Korea is a threat to Japan. They are not the WWII country of our past. They are an ally and should be allowed to protect itsself from North Korea.
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:09 pm
@Brent cv,
A nuclear North Korea is a threat to the whole world.
0 Replies