American imperialism

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:20 pm
Most probably you are not communists but belong to these imperialist nations of Americans and Englishmen who want to rule the world and tell other people how to live. But look at your presidents and political leaders, they are miserable and the majority of the public disapproves them. They are nothing great, especially compared to such a guy as KIM JONG IL, the leader of North Korea. He is extraordinary and he is great. There is no question about that. As the only active politician in the world he was pronounced the real and only God in 1997. And what you do? You still believe in George Bush and Tony Blair! Shame on you, imperialists!!!

The European Courier | North Korea – succession of power
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 10:23 pm
@European cv,
Kim Jong Il is extraordinary and great ? This is a guy who is a ruthless dictator that doesn't allow people to disapprove of him and his policies , who will use nukes if he feels like it and starves his people .
One of the great things about America and Great Britain is that the people have the right and the duty to disagree with and disapprove of the leaders , and the ability to change them if a majority votes a leader out and another in . That is not possible in North Korea .
How do you know Il is revered in his country ? No one there can voice opposition nor effect change .
Who pronounced him God ??
The only active politician in the world ? Ludicrous statements ; back them up !

Perhaps you should read the article you linked to .
"...Kim Jong Il is the leader of the last truly communist state in the world, which despite being poor and small-sized has a dangerous capacity of sparking a global military conflict. "

"..all political opponents and possible contra candidates to the power were exterminated or vanished in unexplained circumstances. As a matter of fact, such early designation was crucial for securing that the Kim family remained in charge. As it was proven by the history of other communist states, lack of the system of succession of leadership was one of the most important reasons to be blamed for the downfall and rejection of communism by societies."

"Remarkably, the North Korean example constitutes an exception in that history and though communist ideology proved completely inefficient, backward and harmful to the well-being of the societies, it have preserved unchanged in DPRK and flourished over years. "

Now , does any of that make us think North Korea under Il has anything to offer it's own people or the world ??
(I added the bold for emphasis .)
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:46 am
@European cv,
a questionable thread admittedly.

Kim Jong is a manman by all accounts.
and if u are european then where do u come from. europe is a big continent u know with 500 countries.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:19 pm
@European cv,
Wow, that is all I can say to this.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:34 pm
@European cv,
I was thinking the same thing.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 01:27 pm
@European cv,
United States is a funny place. It is a birth place of a colony becoming a colonizer. From Manifest Destiny taking lands from Indians and Mexicans in it's infancy, to taking South Pacific Islands, to controlling a country's self-determinism against Communism, US has had it's interfering hand in many countries. Now a days it's the "fight against terror", it's funny that we always seem to find a new set of peoples to fight.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:10 pm
@European cv,
European;4441 wrote:
Most probably you are not communists but belong to these imperialist nations of Americans and Englishmen who want to rule the world and tell other people how to live. But look at your presidents and political leaders, they are miserable and the majority of the public disapproves them. They are nothing great, especially compared to such a guy as KIM JONG IL, the leader of North Korea. He is extraordinary and he is great. There is no question about that. As the only active politician in the world he was pronounced the real and only God in 1997. And what you do? You still believe in George Bush and Tony Blair! Shame on you, imperialists!!!

Are you taking all your meds?:wtf:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:23 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5260 wrote:
United States is a funny place. It is a birth place of a colony becoming a colonizer. From Manifest Destiny taking lands from Indians and Mexicans in it's infancy, to taking South Pacific Islands, to controlling a country's self-determinism against Communism, US has had it's interfering hand in many countries. Now a days it's the "fight against terror", it's funny that we always seem to find a new set of peoples to fight.

What country are you from that you have never gone to war? Or is it ok when you do it?
fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5281 wrote:
What country are you from that you have never gone to war? Or is it ok when you do it?

I'm a US Citizen born and raised, what's that got to do oh "Christian SocialScientist"?

My point is that US was founded on war and imperialism, thrived due to war/imperialism, and is the most war hungry and imperial country in the world at present. I draw no illusions that any country that exists today hasn't had wars, but there is a significant level that most countries never crossed that USA has.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:07 pm
@European cv,
because the USA is left to keep the rest of the world from going insane. Its attempts at keeping North Korea from obtaining Nuclear Weapons were stalled thanks to China.

The US is always the first nation to go to the security council to stop rogue nations. It was the first to go after Iraq and its defiance, it was the first to go after Iran and it was the first to go after North Korea.

No one else took the initative to step up and attempt to solve these problems. In fact, after the Iraq war began we see that some UN security council countries were even dealing with the enemy.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:55 am
@European cv,
I'd like top see him prove his statement. "American imperialism" with some thing other then his biased opinion. I'd like to know where he gets his info.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:39 pm
@European cv,
You mean me or the thread starter Drnaline? I'll put together something later if you'd like.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 05:07 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5260 wrote:

Unfortunately, all of human history up until now is a sequence of conquering
and subjugation. That's how the great viruses of knowledge and culture have
spread and mutated and allowed us all here to stand on the shoulders of all
those who came before us.

The question now is how to continue to help the rest of the world advance
without being imperialists?

How about using the influence and might of this great country to insure
here and abroad governments AND corporations bring opportunity, justice
and democracy to the people?

No more being bedfellows with "convenient evils."
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 07:06 pm
@European cv,
European;4441 wrote:

Quote:
Most probably you are not communists but belong to these imperialist nations of Americans and Englishmen who want to rule the world and tell other people how to live.

And what nation do you belong too. So we may critique your home country. I'll hold my opinion until i know your responce. But it doen't seem like he wants do defend his position.
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 10:09 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5296 wrote:
I'm a US Citizen born and raised, what's that got to do oh "Christian SocialScientist"?

Really???Whaoo!!!I hope not many citizens are like you, the country is in trouble!!!!:no: Question: Do you like Moore by any chance?:eek:

My point is that US was founded on war and imperialism, thrived due to war/imperialism, and is the most war hungry and imperial country in the world at present. I draw no illusions that any country that exists today hasn't had wars, but there is a significant level that most countries never crossed that USA has.

So you would have preferred America to be like other modern miserable, ignorant, dangerous, hateful and brutal countries, right?? Maybe you should relocate, and live on your skin the difference !!!!Very Happy

Do nOT forget that The Spanish, French, Roman Empire and British Empire are all countries who had done a lot of damage in their days..So what!..You do what you need to do...It is time to move and do not live in the past...War sometimes it is necessary...How otherwise we would have expand, defend, or evolute ourselves?!!!!!:scratchchin:

USA is where is supposed to be, it has accomplished what it had to..Stop whining!!!:baby:
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:30 am
@European cv,
lol where is the hiden camera?
0 Replies