A River called Denial

Life

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:13 pm
I voted "No" because its been at Least Five years and I'm STILL hearing......Lack of Education, poverty,tyrant Leaders, and oppression as reasons for
" terrorist" committing VIOLENT acts and if these things were ABOLISHED/or REPLACED with an American idea of Democracy,the misery WILL go away
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 881 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 09:30 pm
@Life,
It's no more of a holy war than World War 2 was. When Osama bin Laden declared war on the United States in 1994, he did so because of religious reasons, but when we attacked Afghanistan and Iraq, it had nothing to do with religion. The oil and imperialism arguments are more valid than the religious argument.

Thank you for including more detail in your poll this time.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 11:21 pm
@Life,
The terrorists would like us to say this is a holy war . It may be just that for them , but not for us .
This is a war against terror , for defense of , and expansion of , Democracy .
We still believe that Democracy is the best method of government and will defend it strongly .
By the way , Life , I also thank you for a much better post than some you have made .
0 Replies