House Ethics finds GOP leaders negligent

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 04:40 pm
The House ethics committee reported Friday that Republican lawmakers and aides failed to protect young male pages from former Rep. Mark Foley's improper advances, concluding an investigation into a scandal that convulsed Congress and contributed to the GOP defeat in last month's elections.

The panel said it found no evidence that any current lawmakers or aides violated any rules. But it said it discovered a pattern of conduct among many "to remain willfully ignorant of the potential consequences" of Foley's conduct.

more....
House Ethics finds GOP leaders negligent - Politics - MSNBC.com

Looks like another black eye for Republicans. Willfully ignorant is harsh wording.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 14
No top replies

GoodBoy

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:39 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
It means nothing. Dems don't wanna open up that can-o-worms.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:52 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;8059 wrote:
It means nothing. Dems don't wanna open up that can-o-worms.

It doesn't mean as much now as it will leading up to the 2008 election.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:57 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Willfully ignorant is how democrats live. The swan song will keep singing.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:28 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
A little more info from the investigation.

Rahm Emanuel Link to Foley E-mails

A new report raises questions about Rahm Emanuel’s assertion that he and his staff knew nothing about disgraced Rep. Mark Foley’s e-mails to former House pages.

In an October 8 interview with ABC News, the Illinois Democrat said "no – never saw them” when asked if he knew about the e-mails or instant messages between Foley and former pages before news of the messages broke.

Asked if he was "aware” of them, Emanuel repeated, "We never saw them.”
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:23 pm
@Drnaline,
I can't believe you failed to mention he has a connection to Clinton.Very Happy

I don't see any smoking gun.

Hearsay evidence is iffy at best.

Oh, and NewsMax sucks as a reliable source. IMO.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:58 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;8171 wrote:
I can't believe you failed to mention he has a connection to Clinton.Very Happy

Of course he has a connection to clinton, he's a democrat.
Quote:

There is no smoking gun with anything Foley. The dems are one to talk when they let alot more slide when it's one of there own. Clinton is a perfect example.
Quote:

Only when there democrat it seems. But it wins them elections and that's all there concern.
Quote:

Your opinion of them only reasures my confidence in there reporting. They must be doing something right.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 02:24 am
@Drnaline,
I like hearing people whine about Clinton.:cool: Thanks in part to Foley the Republicans were sent packing.That and they don't know how to manage government or fight a war.

All that matters is the the Republicans dropped the ball, exposing just how willfully ignorant they really were.

Blaming someone else for their shortcomings seems to be a Republican party favorite. The voters aren't buying that tactic anymore.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 07:34 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;8180 wrote:
I like hearing people whine about Clinton.:cool: Thanks in part to Foley the Republicans were sent packing.That and they don't know how to manage government or fight a war.

All that matters is the the Republicans dropped the ball, exposing just how willfully ignorant they really were.

Blaming someone else for their shortcomings seems to be a Republican party favorite. The voters aren't buying that tactic anymore.
And what's the dems best plan of attack? Pullout. See it's just like having sex, if you wait till you cum. It's too late to pull out. As far as running government we'll see what the democRATs can do in the next too years. I think it won't be much except for said "Pull out" Too bad you don't have to wait nine months to wait for your bouncing baby Iraqi. I'm kinda glad it's you and your party's problem now. So what you plan for success? If (and that's a big IF) you have one? You know the American people that voted for change expect you to do something about it. Can you demo's even agree on a plan, not even close, LOL.
Quote:

So what's the plan, or has your party already dropped the ball? Let me guess, it will be a comprehensive, right? It got you elected but that's as far as you thought you would get. You can't say this is Bush's war anymore, you definately have a majority hand in it now. We know the militants want you in power, probably because they know you can't even pick up a ball much less drop it. Why would a bunch of terrorists want your party in power, maybe because they know it is not with the American people with who you praise your allegence too? Maybe you should just try kicking the ball because you'll never be able to run with it. Maybe runaway is more suited.
Quote:

You would know, where do you think we learned if from. Turn about is fair play. You should read some of the excerpts from "A liberal mind" It is uncanny how they know what your gonna say, some times word for word. An old saying goes, if you wanna know what your enemy is up too listen to what they accuse you of. Democrats culture of corruption is all that is in store for the voters. Hastings and Murtha were the first attempts, oh you guys are really gonna clean up Congress, yeah right.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:04 am
@Drnaline,
It uncanny how I know whay you are going to say.:cool:
Same blame game.

Using sex as example sounds ridiculous.

Staying or leaving hasn't been decided yet so your speculating.

I already stated why the Arab world suppors a different approach.

If you are looking for me to defend the Democrats, forget it. They haven't done enough yet to determine what they are going to do. You speculate too much.

From the looks of things Republicans haven't learned anything.It's stay the course at the moment. NeoCon mentality won't allow it. Stupidity got us into this mess and failing to recognize reality will keep us there.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:41 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;8190 wrote:
It uncanny how I know whay you are going to say.:cool:
Same blame game.

If you are looking for me to defend the Democrats, forget it. They haven't done enough yet to determine what they are going to do. You speculate too much.

From the looks of things Republicans haven't learned anything.It's stay the course at the moment. NeoCon mentality won't allow it. Stupidity got us into this mess and failing to recognize reality will keep us there.
Quote:
Same blame game.

So your admit you play too?
Quote:

The effect will be the same, it's too late!
Quote:

Maybe so, but we know what your thinking.
Quote:

Yeah we know, they also support terrorism, strange they like the both of them.
Quote:

What do you mean looking, you've been doing it all along? When have they ever done enough to determine anything? Speculate is what i'm good at, you just tend not to agree.
Quote:

What do you want us to learn, how to appease terrorists? Stay the course we will, untill you get the balls to do something. Time to put up or shut up. Damn straight we won't allow it. Wouldn't have it any other way.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:53 pm
@Drnaline,
Whatever. I don't have time for this type of discussion. I'm not even reading most of this crap, so save your time for something constructive.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:59 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I wouldn't have time either if i didn't want to answer any questions. My time is my own so in other words i'll wait.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:11 pm
@Drnaline,
Whatever. This game is up as far as I'm concerned. All you will get out of me is disregard for any further comments.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:25 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
And wait.
0 Replies