Democrats Demand CIA Detainee Documents

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:27 pm
WASHINGTON -- A Senate Democrat who will chair its Judiciary Committee next year asked the Justice Department to release newly acknowledged documents setting U.S. policy on how suspects in the war on terrorism are detained and interrogated.

"The American people deserve to have detailed and accurate information about the role of the Bush administration in developing the interrogation policies and practices that have engendered such deep criticism and concern at home and around the world," Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., wrote Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Democrats Demand CIA Detainee Documents - washingtonpost.com

I guess it didn't take long for the Democrats to start with their investigations. This is the tip of the iceberg. The ACLU must be loving this.:frown:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:33 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Quote:
The American people deserve.....

We deserve affordable health insurance, a thriving economy, leaders who actually give a **** and a solution to Iraq.

What we don't deserve is what the Republicans and Democrats are doing trying to make each other look as bad as they can.

******* awesome Democrats, ******* awesome. Way to start off.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:52 pm
@Brent cv,
Wow.Very Happy

I agree, there are more important issues. Let the ACLU do their own investigation. Leahy just threw these guys a carrot.

Give the Red Cross limited access to them.If they can get the detainees to talk they should be able to shut them up.Very Happy

Waste of time IMO.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:55 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
This is why I don't support one particular political party. The only thing I ever see happening from the extreme on each side is fighting and bickering between the two and talking about each other.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 08:01 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Demand in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills up first.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 08:02 am
@tumbleweed cv,
What Leahy ment to say was "The American people and terrorists deserve to have detailed and accurate information about the role of the Bush administration in developing the interrogation policies and practices that have engendered such deep criticism and concern at home and around the world,"
0 Replies