Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:01 pm
The fallout continues. Germany is after Rumsfeld now.

"Just days after his resignation, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is about to face more repercussions for his involvement in the troubled wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. New legal documents, to be filed next week with Germany's top prosecutor, will seek a criminal investigation and prosecution of Rumsfeld, along with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, former CIA director George Tenet and other senior U.S. civilian and military officers, for their alleged roles in abuses committed at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison and at the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."

TIME.com: Exclusive: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse -- Page 1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,492 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
How retarded. I wish Germany was as worried about fighting terrorism as they were about making America look bad.

It's pathetic.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:41 pm
@Brent cv,
All this mistreatment of detainees was bound to cause a stink. Bush knew, I presume, that something like this could happen.
Sherman cv

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 10:30 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Now i got the proof that the world is crumbling down faster and faster...It is just me or i hear a lot of non sense going on in the political cabinets these days?:dunno:

I mean it is expected that other countries are trying to dig up some dirt on americans because of the Kyoto treaty, the war in Iraq and US greatness ....Very Happy

But i don't get why some CIA agent need to contribute with some information that should be top secret or dicussed behind close doors???Do they know how irresponsable is telling all this bad things about the military and the soldiers inIraq??And how severe America is being affected?:eek:

I am really infuriated and gutted to witness such cowardly behaviour!!!:no:

Don't they understand their comments only creates more enemies for America? ...Shame on them!!!!!America does not need permission to defend and use any method necessry for its own survival!!!!!Back off!!!!:frown:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 10:09 am
@Sherman cv,
This lawsuit is the result of an administration throwing the Constitution and the Geneva Convention guidelines out the window in the name of fighting terrorism.
Mujahedin

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 06:51 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;6577 wrote:
How retarded. I wish Germany was as worried about fighting terrorism as they were about making America look bad.

It's pathetic.

What's pathetic is Rummy, Dick "waterboarding" Cheney, Bush and the C.I.A. thugs involved in torture. What they don't have the stomach for themselves, they outsource to Egypt and Eastern Europe. They should all be in chains, on trial, in the Hague for war crimes. :thumbdown:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 06:59 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6590 wrote:
What's pathetic is Rummy, Dick "waterboarding" Cheney, Bush and the C.I.A. thugs involved in torture. What they don't have the stomach for themselves, they outsource to Egypt and Eastern Europe. They should all be in chains, on trial, in the Hague for war crimes. :thumbdown:

Interesting username.Very Happy

Is it true Mujahedin means " he who roots with pigs" ?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:22 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6585 wrote:
This lawsuit is the result of an administration throwing the Constitution and the Geneva Convention guidelines out the window in the name of fighting terrorism.

I thought Abu Grahib was found to be the result of a bunch of young soldiers gone crazy with their authority , and that many of the "abuses" were not judged to have been illegal ?

Throwing out the Constitution ? When and where ? In the minds of the Left , maybe ; but in a legal sense , not in my opinion .

Geneva Convention gudelines are just that ; guidelines , and I am not sure it has been decided that the detainees are eligible.

War is Hell .

It is going to be interesting to see how our new congress approaches all this .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:13 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6580 wrote:
All this mistreatment of detainees was bound to cause a stink. Bush knew, I presume, that something like this could happen.
Wow, you didn't use the word "torture!"
Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:17 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6590 wrote:
I suppose you have proof for all these accusations?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6731 wrote:
Wow, you didn't use the word "torture!"

Slip of the tongue.:cool:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:21 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I can accept that.
0 Replies

Mujahedin

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 11:03 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6733 wrote:
I suppose you have proof for all these accusations?

You should watch more TV, Drnaline...besides FOX News.
An arrest warrant, signed by an Italian judge, is still out for 13 C.I.A. agents who kidnapped an imam off the streets of Milan and bundled him off to Egypt. They call it "torture by proxy". The 13 thugs are probably shuffling papers back in Langley now. They best forget about ever going back to Europe, though. They'll be the ones bundled up and sent on the first flight to the Hague for trial. One can hope for a long prison term. :FU1:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:05 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
An arrest warrant does not prove ****. The United States Central Intelligence Agency is not subject to international law. They can issue all the warrants they want. Can you tell me how many warrants that same Italian judge issued to imams who behead and blow up civilians?
Quote:
They call it "torture by proxy".

Call it what you will, untill you have proof, it is hearsay.
Quote:
The 13 thugs are probably shuffling papers back in Langley now.

They should be, job well done.
Quote:
They best forget about ever going back to Europe, though.

Why, they can't catch terrorists what makes you think they'll catch them if they revisit?
Quote:
They'll be the ones bundled up and sent on the first flight to the Hague for trial.

Do you mean to tell me you would stup to there level? Now aren't we civilized!
Quote:
One can hope for a long prison term.

There is always hope, but chances are you'll meet Allah first.
By the way is the FU1 ment for me?
Mujahedin

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:33 pm
@Drnaline,
It doesn't matter if the arrest warrant doesn't mean "crap" to you, Drnaline. Those 15 Schutzstaffel C.I.A. thugs are on notice if they return to Europe, they're going to the slammer. They better pick another site for vacations in the future. :p
Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:36 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6799 wrote:
It doesn't matter if the arrest warrant doesn't mean "crap" to you, Drnaline. Those 15 Schutzstaffel C.I.A. thugs are on notice if they return to Europe, they're going to the slammer. They better pick another site for vacations in the future. :p
So if i get an arrest warrant on you, that makes you guilty? You seem to think so.
Quote:
if they return to Europe, they're going to the slammer.

Don't you think they should get a trial first?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:10 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6799 wrote:

They can always go to Cuba.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:50 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Yup, i hear they won't be communist very much longer.
0 Replies

Mujahedin

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:30 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6800 wrote:
So if i get an arrest warrant on you, that makes you guilty? You seem to think so.

Don't you think they should get a trial first?

Of course they would have a trial. I'm also sure it would be a lot fairer than the ones planned for the prisoners at Gitmo. Many who were swept up by the military, sent to Gitmo, , have no charges brought against them, have no access to a lawyer, or even know why the hell they are there. The fact that the confessions that were obtained, were done under duress (water boarding, etc.) won't help them either, because Fuhrer Bush said they have no rights.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:41 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6825 wrote:
Of course they would have a trial. I'm also sure it would be a lot fairer than the ones planned for the prisoners at Gitmo. Many who were swept up by the military, sent to Gitmo, , have no charges brought against them, have no access to a lawyer, or even know why the hell they are there. The fact that the confessions that were obtained, were done under duress (water boarding, etc.) won't help them either, because Fuhrer Bush said they have no rights.
Quote:
Of course they would have a trial.

Why a trial when you as they already have them convicted? Fair, not in the least.
Quote:
I'm also sure it would be a lot fairer than the ones planned for the prisoners at Gitmo.

Really, if it's up to you. They go automatically to the slammer? Fair, not in the least.
Quote:
Many who were swept up by the military, sent to Gitmo, , have no charges brought against them, have no access to a lawyer, or even know why the hell they are there.

!. They know why they are there. 2. They are still alive. In stead of charges why don't we just behead them like they would do us? Fair, i think so. In war there need be no charges or lawyers or trials for enemy combatants. None of whom fall under Geneva conventions guidelines. And by Geneva convention guidelines they are not being tortured.
Quote:
The fact that the confessions that were obtained, were done under duress (water boarding, etc.) won't help them either, because Fuhrer Bush said they have no rights.

What is your policy on extracting info from enemy combatants. How did you do so in Nam? How did your fellow soldier do it. How bout the VC. Did you play fair while you were there? Or was it lopsided? If a little duress would save a fellow soldier would you do it? Would you torture if it saved a thousand troops, or what about a million civilians? I think if you answer all honestly you might be labelled "Fuhrer Bush" or a hipocrite?
In any case they may have human rights but they sure as hell do not have Constitutional rights, that is reserved for citizens. Guess what, if you plot against this country even if you were born here you are not a citizen but a traitor. And will probably be hung, personally i like beheading them. Fair?