Hurricane Katrina

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:21 am
Michael Brown, former FEMA director, will test testify today about events that took place when Katrina hit N.O.. There seems to be some confussion on who knew what, and who was notified when disaster struck. Brown, now a private citizen, says he will answer questions about who he notified when he was told of events in N.O.

The Bush addm. used Brown as an escapegoat because of Washingtons slow responce to the disaster. Brown resigned under pressure for his mishandling of the situation. It seems we will hear who was involved in the decisions on how Bush responded to the disaster.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184446,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,189 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:31 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Quote:
The Bush addm. used Brown as an escapegoat because of Washingtons slow responce to the disaster.

That's a good one! I think he resigned not from what the adminitration was saying but the Liberal press? The pressure you speak of was from who? I suggest you look at responce times to disaster for Sklinton as reference, like lets say the floods of the Missisippi a few years back? I think you'll be surprised.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline:
It's been awile since I discussed Clinton, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that claim.

Brown wasn't qualified for the job in the first place. His personal political relationship with Bush is what got him to the head of FEMA, not his prior abilities to deal with natural disasters like Katrina.

I'd say the pressure on Brown to step down came from the majority of the country, not just the Bush Whitehouse.

What does Clinton have to do with any of this?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Browns position was and is an appointment position. Why nothing from the failure of clintons appointee for the floods? Because he was a democrap, is my answer.
Quote:
I'd say the pressure on Brown to step down came from the majority of the country, not just the Bush Whitehouse.

Yet you say the Administration used him a a scapegoat? If he was a friend of Bush and that was the reason he got the job do you think the pres would allow the admin to use him as a scapegoat? I think your statement is misleading.
Quote:
What does Clinton have to do with any of this?

Just using his admin. as a reference to timely responces. In comparison there is no comparison. I think some people are still waiting for help, LOL.
0 Replies

rex b

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:03 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I can't blame the federal govt on this one. I have push the blaim everywhere. Local/state/federal . Living in Louisiana I've seen it all, just terrible.

Not to mention none of the school systems down here have gotten money from FEMA, and I can drive about 6 miles to this huge field with over 5,000 trailers just sitting.

Ugh.
0 Replies