Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 12:22 am
ABC News: Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress

West Palm Beach Congressman Tim Mahoney (D-FL), whose predecessor resigned in the wake of a sex scandal, agreed to a $121,000 payment to a former mistress who worked on his staff and was threatening to sue him, according to current and former members of his staff who have been briefed on the settlement, which involved Mahoney and his campaign committee.

Mahoney, who is married, also promised the woman, Patricia Allen, a $50,000 a year job for two years at the agency that handles his campaign advertising, the staffers said.

A Mahoney spokesperson would not answer questions about the alleged affair or the settlement, but said Allen resigned of her own accord and "has not received any special payment from campaign funds."

Senior Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives, including Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-IL), the chair of the Democratic Caucus, have been working with Mahoney to keep the matter from hurting his re-election campaign, the Mahoney staffers said.

Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 966 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella cv

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 02:23 am
@Drnaline,
She was expensive!
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 02:38 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
Senior Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives, including Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-IL), the chair of the Democratic Caucus, have been working with Mahoney to keep the matter from hurting his re-election campaign, the Mahoney staffers said.

Fact is, he's a crook and should be indicted, without regard for political alliance. If others in his party conspired to hide the truth, they are also accountable and need to be investigated. If I were a good and honorable democrat, I would insist on it.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 03:27 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61639 wrote:
Fact is, he's a crook and should be indicted, without regard for political alliance. If others in his party conspired to hide the truth, they are also accountable and need to be investigated. If I were a good and honorable democrat, I would insist on it.

"If i were a good and honourable demcorat,i would insist on it" :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 04:35 am
@Drnaline,
Scoob, corruption needs to be rooted out wherever it exists. No arguing that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 09:52 pm
@Drnaline,
Scoob likes doing that from accross the pond. I wonder if he laughs when he says "good and honorable"?
0 Replies