• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,367 • Replies: 44
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 09:28 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60872 wrote:

Knock 'em down. Voter fraud is a major issue. Sure, they say that "investigators are looking for evidence", but registering the Dallas Cowboys isn't the smartest thing, now is it? We'll see what turns up.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 08:20 am
@Drnaline,
It's not just the conservative media that is reporting on this story. They all need to be indicted and tossed in the can for 20 long ones. Once again, their arrogance will be their undoing.
0 Replies

Musky Hunter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:59 pm
@Drnaline,
My concern is that while the investigations will continue that by the time the investigations are finalized that the disputed votes will already have been counted and will be inseparable from the rest of the votes.

I personally believe that the state should have to do "do-overs" with new and different ballots for all absentee votes in states where voter fraud is under investigation.
Bevo

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 12:45 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61197 wrote:
My concern is that while the investigations will continue that by the time the investigations are finalized that the disputed votes will already have been counted and will be inseparable from the rest of the votes.

I personally believe that the state should have to do "do-overs" with new and different ballots for all absentee votes in states where voter fraud is under investigation.

I agree.

What about my right as a voter to know that the votes that are counted are made by eligible voters.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 01:28 am
@Bevo,
Im all for getting rid of voter fraud ! pity it never happened in florida 2000.

I hope they spend as much time on the republicans trying to stop people from using their right to vote as the Acorn issue.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 02:16 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61212 wrote:
Im all for getting rid of voter fraud ! pity it never happened in florida 2000.

I hope they spend as much time on the republicans trying to stop people from using their right to vote as the Acorn issue.

Agreed. So how are republicans trying to stop people from using their legitimate right to vote?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 02:40 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61215 wrote:
Agreed. So how are republicans trying to stop people from using their legitimate right to vote?

Brad Friedman: Republican voter ID laws disenfranchise Americans | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Plenty more of that on the web,what did you think of what happened in florida 2000,surely you know what went on ? or did you just turn a blind eye ?
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:13 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61216 wrote:
Brad Friedman: Republican voter ID laws disenfranchise Americans | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Plenty more of that on the web,what did you think of what happened in florida 2000,surely you know what went on ? or did you just turn a blind eye ?

Scoob, it's pointless to keep hanging on to that old anchor. The Good Lord put your eyes in the front of your head for one reason - to look forward.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:25 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61239 wrote:
Scoob, it's pointless to keep hanging on to that old anchor. The Good Lord put your eyes in the front of your head for one reason - to look forward.

"Poinless" :ban: A general election was stolen in what american's like to think is the "greatest democracy in the world" it's well seen your a conservative.

Socal,what happened in florida is still going on,you need United nations election moniters.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:28 am
@Drnaline,
The U.N..? Trust that worthless bunch of anti-American haters..? Not on my last day.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:42 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61247 wrote:
The U.N..? Trust that worthless bunch of anti-American haters..? Not on my last day.

The US the "Great bastion of Democracy" dont make me laugh.

You will be quite happy if the republicans cheat their way to victory again :thumbdown:
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:50 am
@Drnaline,
So, again,

How is requiring positive voter identification a means of disenfranchising legitimate voters?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:58 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61216 wrote:

Please read carefully :thumbup:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:54 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61249 wrote:
The US the "Great bastion of Democracy" dont make me laugh.

You will be quite happy if the republicans cheat their way to victory again :thumbdown:

I loved it when McC said he wanted to nuke all those evil bastards. Who-who-who-ha-ha-ha-ha
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:48 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61251 wrote:
So, again,

How is requiring positive voter identification a means of disenfranchising legitimate voters?

The second it makes a false positive. If it wrongly deems someone unable to vote, it's disenfranchisement. Why did this person not get a chance to vote?

Remember, that "one time" could be you.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:41 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;61371 wrote:
The second it makes a false positive. If it wrongly deems someone unable to vote, it's disenfranchisement. Why did this person not get a chance to vote?

Remember, that "one time" could be you.

So. It is the governments responsibility to make sure that I take responsibility to have appropriate identification?

Also, is not my vote disenfranchised to a degree if people begin to vote multiple times while I stick to the rules and only vote once?
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:17 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61374 wrote:
So. It is the governments responsibility to make sure that I take responsibility to have appropriate identification?

Not at all. It IS however the government's responsibility to make sure that I don't get turned away when I do have proper identification. Remember, during Florida, several people were incorrectly marked as felons which means even with proper ID, you don't get to vote.

Quote:
Also, is not my vote disenfranchised to a degree if people begin to vote multiple times while I stick to the rules and only vote once?

Sure. If they begin to. Currently they haven't.

Oh yeah, as of current, ACORN has not been accused of any voter fraud. Not one bit. They're just being checked.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:18 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61246 wrote:
"Poinless" :ban: A general election was stolen in what american's like to think is the "greatest democracy in the world" it's well seen your a conservative.

Socal,what happened in florida is still going on,you need United nations election moniters.

And now they're gonna try to use this and say Obama stole the election.

Just watch.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:32 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;61376 wrote:
Not at all. It IS however the government's responsibility to make sure that I don't get turned away when I do have proper identification. Remember, during Florida, several people were incorrectly marked as felons which means even with proper ID, you don't get to vote.

Problems of this nature absolutely need to be addressed. Also, frankly, if there is any charge for State ID or voter ID cards then that should be addressed.

Basic identification should be well defined and free.

These issues have not been the primary issue in this election, however.