• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 08:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Awwww, did the weepublicans get their feelings hurt by big, bad Pelosi?

Call the Whaaambulance. That's no reason to shaft the country.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:15 pm
@Drnaline,
No reason to you, but those dems sure were riding the waaaaaabulance after it didn't work, LOL
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60530 wrote:
No reason to you, but those dems sure were riding the waaaaaabulance after it didn't work, LOL

There was no "working" to begin with, the GOP got butthurt over comments made by Pelosi and decided to throw a wrench in the whole works. Typical.
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 06:51 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60536 wrote:
There was no "working" to begin with, the GOP got butthurt over comments made by Pelosi and decided to throw a wrench in the whole works. Typical.

Or, they listened to the 95% of their constituents that are against them voting for this atrocious piece of legislature, and hte dhimmis are just projecting their crying for more failed policy.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 07:55 am
@xj0hnx,
So the republicans will allow for the chance of another depression because they were offended? Not a wise decision.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:01 am
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60555 wrote:
Or, they listened to the 95% of their constituents that are against them voting for this atrocious piece of legislature, and hte dhimmis are just projecting their crying for more failed policy.

Actually it's around 67%. Righties can't do numbers it would seem.

Although I will admit, seeing the fracture this has created in the Right is borderline amusing. Listening to the talking heads turn on each other like cats thrown over a clothesline is wonderful.

If you are against this legislature, why are you voting for the person who pushed the themes and concepts that got us here? Mister Deregulator and all that...
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:01 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60574 wrote:
So the republicans will allow for the chance of another depression because they were offended? Not a wise decision.

They'll just blame Clinton. As usual.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60574 wrote:

Um, no. If they give away 700 BILLION dollars, that we do not have, guess what? It is only going to 1) keep the scoundrels that got us into this crisis from losing their ass, 2) make it MUCH worse down the road. We do not have 700 BILLION dollars to bail out wall street, and just because their CEOs need their multi million dollar retirement packages for trashing the economy doesn't mean in the slightest that if we don't bail them out, WE are screwed.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:47 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60581 wrote:
They'll just blame Clinton. As usual.

Yea, well Clinton is the one that signed law to let/make loan agencies loan money to poor people that had no business getting loans because tehy couldn't pay it back.
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:56 am
@Drnaline,
"John McCain brought Fannie Mae’s $10.6 billion accounting scandal to the attention of Congress as early as 2005. To help minimize the housing fallout (which now has a stranglehold on the American economy), he presented the Federal Housing Regulatory Reform Act of 2005.

It failed.

Who shot it down?

Top 5 Contributions, from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac PACs, to prevent Housing reform

1. Dodd, Christopher J (D) $133,900
2. Kerry, John (D) $111,000
3. OBAMA, BARACK (D) $105,849
4. CLINTON, HILARY (D) $75,550
5. Kanjorski, Paul E (D) $65,500

Political Action Committees lobbying on behalf of the beleaguered Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac PAID Obama and Clinton to vote against McCain’s measure. The top two Democratic candidates for the Presidency of the United States sold their votes and thus sold the middle and working classes of this country down the river.

Last month 304,000 homes went into default. 91,000 families lost their homes. An estimated 770,000 homes have been repossessed since the housing market tanked in August 2007. (CNN Money, 9/12/08 “August Foreclosures Hit Another Record High”).

Do you know anyone who has lost a job because of the housing crisis? How will this affect your parents, your siblings, your cousins? The Dow plunged over 300 points yesterday in the wake of Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy and the AIG announcement of a government funded cash bailout. If you live in the Northeast U.S., chances are good that you know someone in finance who is going to be hit hard, lose a job, or maybe lose their house. Things will not get better for a long time. Don’t vote for the man and the party that caused this crisis."
Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:38 am
@Drnaline,
You would think mc cain would be number three, LOL. And what's all those (D)'s doing around them!!

Bonanza. Bailout. Bonanza. -- Debra Saunders -- GOPUSA

Who do I blame for this financial disaster? Let me count the villains.

On the bailout, we can start with President Bush and Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson. By their own actions, they have shown that they believe markets have become too vulnerable under their watch.

The Bush administration has mishandled the $700 billion bailout at every juncture. They pulled a too-large number out of the hat, then asked Congress to write a blank check. Paulson even rejected limits on the compensation of the geniuses who bought bad mortgage paper with other people's money. No way was Congress going to go along with that scheme.

Like many Americans, I am angry and have strong doubts as to whether the bailout is necessary. Having proposed it, however, Paulson probably made it necessary. If there is a 10 percent risk of an economic collapse without a bailout, Washington probably has to pass something.

I blame Democrats, who pushed to give government-supported mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac more flexibility to buy dicey home loans, despite their accounting irregularities. It was Senate Banking Committee Democrats who blocked GOP-backed reforms of Fannie and Freddie in 2003 and 2006 -- but that doesn't stop them from disowning any role in this fiasco now.

I blame Democratic leaders for larding the Senate version of the bailout bill with what the national political news website Politico.com described as a landmark provision that would require that "insurance companies provide coverage for mental-health treatment -- such as hospitalization -- on parity with physical illnesses."

This bill is in trouble, and the Democratic leaders decide to add $100 billion to the total tab -- as well as make a new enemy, insurance companies. And they think Bush is dumb.

I blame congressional Republicans for being addicted to pork-barrel projects and driving federal spending so high that they lost control of the House and Senate in 2006. In their greed, they forfeited their credibility.

House Republicans didn't help themselves when they said that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's partisan pre-vote rant killed 10 Republican "yes" votes. They showed America that -- like Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid -- their instinct was to throw the blame at the other party first, then to think about what is best for America.

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:18 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;60583 wrote:
Yea, well Clinton is the one that signed law to let/make loan agencies loan money to poor people that had no business getting loans because tehy couldn't pay it back.

Did you notice the fact about the bill being veto-proof. That's what a congressional majority gets you.

Oh, you didn't? Funny that. But keep on blaming Bill if it makes you feel better.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:22 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60588 wrote:

Don't vote for the man or party that caused this? Sure thing! I won't be voting for the deregulator or his constituents.

PolitiFact | McCain's 'warning' on Fannie & Freddie

PolitiFact | Their employees have donated

Face value. You take too much at it. Typical Rightie. :rollinglaugh:
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 10:20 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60640 wrote:
Don't vote for the man or party that caused this? Sure thing! I won't be voting for the deregulator or his constituents.

PolitiFact | McCain's 'warning' on Fannie & Freddie

PolitiFact | Their employees have donated

Face value. You take too much at it. Typical Rightie. :rollinglaugh:

I take Husseins votes at face value, you believe his campaign hyperbole.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:03 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60644 wrote:
I take Husseins votes at face value, you believe his campaign hyperbole.

Show me where I posted "campaign hyperbole." Looks like you're the one eating that up. Didn't McCain vote for deregulation time and time again?
0 Replies