Obama Campaign Self-Destructing

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:47 pm
Obama Campaign Self-Destructing by Michael Gaynor

Rookie United States Senator and 2008 Democrat presidential campaign Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. went into self-destruction mode after the McCain/Palin ticket took the lead in the polls.

Obama appeared on ABC's 'This Week' and uttered the words, 'my Muslim faith.' George Stephanapoulos immediately tried to help but it was too late.

Why would a man who has been denying the he ever was a Muslim say 'my Muslim faith' if he never was a Muslim?

The official explanation is that Obama misspoke.

Does it pass the laugh test?

Perhaps Obama IS stuck in misspeaking mode. Shortly after, the Obama campaign suffered another self-inflicted wound: Obama's 'lipstick on a pig' crack.

Obama, September 9, 2008: 'Let's just list this for a second. John McCain says he's about change, too. Except -- and so I guess his whole angle is, 'Watch out, George Bush, except for economic policy, health-care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics. We're really gonna shake things up in Washington.' That's not change. That's just calling some -- the same thing, something different. But you know, you can -- you know, you can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig.'

Click for the rest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 752 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 08:11 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59732 wrote:
Obama Campaign Self-Destructing by Michael Gaynor

Rookie United States Senator and 2008 Democrat presidential campaign Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. went into self-destruction mode after the McCain/Palin ticket took the lead in the polls.

Obama appeared on ABC's 'This Week' and uttered the words, 'my Muslim faith.' George Stephanapoulos immediately tried to help but it was too late.

Why would a man who has been denying the he ever was a Muslim say 'my Muslim faith' if he never was a Muslim?

The official explanation is that Obama misspoke.

Does it pass the laugh test?

Perhaps Obama IS stuck in misspeaking mode. Shortly after, the Obama campaign suffered another self-inflicted wound: Obama's 'lipstick on a pig' crack.

Obama, September 9, 2008: 'Let's just list this for a second. John McCain says he's about change, too. Except -- and so I guess his whole angle is, 'Watch out, George Bush, except for economic policy, health-care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics. We're really gonna shake things up in Washington.' That's not change. That's just calling some -- the same thing, something different. But you know, you can -- you know, you can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig.'

Click for the rest.

PolitiFact | If there's lipstick on a pig, it's this McCain ad

That's one... now for the second, if you didn't take the "faith" quote out of context (as conservatives LOVE to do), you'd understand just what was meant.

There's no self destruction, not when Bam raised 20 million more than McCain last month Wink Unless that means that Mickey's campaign is just the smoldering cinders of what it was... and it just might be.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:31 am
@Drnaline,
We will see in two months. Hussein's real good at sucking money from the people that think the will get change. They flock to him like geese.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59866 wrote:
We will see in two months. Hussein's real good at sucking money from the people that think the will get change. They flock to him like geese.

Kinda like Palin... oh, that's why McCain picked her!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 11:44 pm
@Drnaline,
Excuse me???? Palin returned money to the people instead of sucking from them!
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:14 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59942 wrote:
Excuse me???? Palin returned money to the people instead of sucking from them!

So that's why she left the town she mayored with 20 million in debt.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:17 am
@Drnaline,
The Truth
Sarah Palin built the city's first big sports complex, on time, under budget, and the bond will be paid off two years ahead of schedule.
Much like New York now has a new stadium for the Yankees, Sarah Palin pushed through a much needed sports complex to improve the lives of the people of Wasilla.
Nearing the end of its first full year of operation, the Wasilla Multi-Use Sports Complex is boasting 20 to 50 percent increases in off-ice uses offered at the 102,000 square-foot facility.

Wasilla voters agreed in 2002 to a half-percent increase in the city sales tax to pay off a $14.7 million bond to build the multi-use facility. The project "was completed on schedule and under budget," Mayor Dianne Keller said, and the complex opened its doors March 6, 2004. Sales tax revenue, which can only be used to pay the bond, is coming in faster than expected. Keller said she believes the facility will be paid off at least two years ahead of the 10-year schedule.
0 Replies