Sarah Palin's Pioneering Streak

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:27 pm
Maggie Gallagher :: Townhall.com :: Sarah Palin's Pioneering Streak

What we need here is a new sexual archetype for female achievement. And I think in Gov. Palin, we have an extraordinary one: pioneer woman.

A pioneer woman is a traditional figure. She stands beside her man -- not at war with him. She takes care of her home and her community. If her man is around, maybe she lets him kill the bear. But if he falls, or fails, she picks up the rifle and gets the job done, whatever the job is that needs to be done.

Here's the larger message of the Sarah Palin story:

Life is messy. First things first: Take care of your babies. You do what you have to do, and deep down you never give up on life. You refuse to choose. The unexpected will happen, but that's OK -- you can deal with it. You are resilient, optimistic, competent and caring.

How did McCain know? A moose-hunting pioneer woman is the perfect choice to be America's first female vice president.

Is Sarah Palin up to being president of the United States? Hey, listen, anyone who can raise five children while governing Alaska successfully enough to earn over an 80 percent approval rating -- I'm just not worried about.

Gov. Sarah Palin can do whatever she has to do, and she can do whatever needs to be done.

clicky
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 872 • Replies: 12
No top replies

westernmom

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:31 am
@Drnaline,
YEP! As the mother of five kids myself I know she can handle it all and probably better than any of the men out there.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:10 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59196 wrote:
YEP! As the mother of five kids myself I know she can handle it all and probably better than any of the men out there.

What do you know about foreign policy ?
westernmom

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:30 am
@Drnaline,
Well, I lived in a foreign country for 7 years and my parents lived in several foreign countries. I have traveled quite a bit. Does that mean I couldn't learn more? Absolutely not!

As a leader of any nation a person surrounds themselves with experts in all areas and learns to handle affairs with other nations. Also, foreign policy changes with the regimes that are in power at the time.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:34 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59203 wrote:
Well, I lived in a foreign country for 7 years and my parents lived in several foreign countries. I have traveled quite a bit. Does that mean I couldn't learn more? Absolutely not!

As a leader of any nation a person surrounds themselves with experts in all areas and learns to handle affairs with other nations. Also, foreign policy changes with the regimes that are in power at the time.

Hey your better qualified for the job than Palin :thumbup:
westernmom

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:40 am
@Drnaline,
I always dreamed of being the first lady president but life got in the way! And, I rather doubt I could hold a candle to her! But thanks for the vote of confidence! Maybe next election.....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:11 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59201 wrote:
What do you know about foreign policy ?

What are your credentials?
Drnaline

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:13 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59204 wrote:
Hey your better qualified for the job than Palin :thumbup:
Palin has two countrys facing her borders, canada and russia. She's got plenty of foreign policy training.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59262 wrote:
What are your credentials?

Better than yours thats for sure Very Happy what do you know about european affaairs.atin american affairs,middle-eastern affairs ?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:44 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59263 wrote:
Palin has two countrys facing her borders, canada and russia. She's got plenty of foreign policy training.

Very Happy and that gives her foreign policy experience,becuase she has two country's facing her borders,scotland has a border with england,but is also facing,iceland,norway,germany,denmark and sweden,that must make me an expert Very Happy oh i forgot IRELAND :p
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:00 am
@Drnaline,
McCain is a foreign policy expert and Palin is learning. Everyone has their fields of expertise and can surround themselves with advisors in the fields that are weaker. Where's Obama's expertise? Oh, it's in how to get food stamps!
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:17 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59307 wrote:
McCain is a foreign policy expert and Palin is learning. Everyone has their fields of expertise and can surround themselves with advisors in the fields that are weaker. Where's Obama's expertise? Oh, it's in how to get food stamps!

"McCain is a foreign policy expert and Palin is LEARNING"

Yet you say "Where's Obama's expertise? OH its where to get food stamps!"

Obama majored in Political science with a specialization in International Relations.

President Putin of germany ? the Iraq/pakistan border ? yeh Old John Boy McCain better get his atlas out i think,he seems to be rather confused :lightbulb:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:58 am
@Drnaline,
What's his on the job experience?
0 Replies