Ben Stein: Larry Craig Railroaded from Power

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:04 am
Ben Stein: Larry Craig Railroaded from Power | NewsBusters.org

Actor and commentator Ben Stein strongly defended Larry Craig on Friday's "Your World with Neil Cavuto," arguing that the police officer who arrested the Idaho Republican senator used "Gestapo tactics" to "browbeat" him into pleading guilty when, in fact, Craig had not committed any illegal act.

"He didn't do anything. He tapped his foot," Stein said. "And I don't like the idea that people are sitting in the next stall from you at a public bathroom listening to whether or not you tap your foot. This is, as I said, Gestapo tactics, Gestapo, Gestapo, Gestapo. It's not America."

Watch what you do in Idaho bathrooms, LOL.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 832 • Replies: 9
No top replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:49 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;34727 wrote:
Ben Stein: Larry Craig Railroaded from Power | NewsBusters.org

Actor and commentator Ben Stein strongly defended Larry Craig on Friday's "Your World with Neil Cavuto," arguing that the police officer who arrested the Idaho Republican senator used "Gestapo tactics" to "browbeat" him into pleading guilty when, in fact, Craig had not committed any illegal act.

"He didn't do anything. He tapped his foot," Stein said. "And I don't like the idea that people are sitting in the next stall from you at a public bathroom listening to whether or not you tap your foot. This is, as I said, Gestapo tactics, Gestapo, Gestapo, Gestapo. It's not America."

Well, I never! But Drennie....this is exactly what you and your kind clamor for....unbridled power of law enforcement (read: Justice Dept) and conservatism gone amuck, via the ultra conservative Supreme Court that that miscreant George Bush ushered into place...to placate all the rest of your kind. Conservatives, the Christian Right (as opposed to the Christian Left), most Republicans, the Moral Majority...this is exactly what they prescribed.

And now you're complaining? Complaining about the possible "heavy-handedness" of law enforcement? Complaining about the erosion of civil and human rights? And the presumption of innocence?
Ah, but only when it happens to your tribe....and not any minorities that you have compassion for....hmmm, some might call that racist. Some might say, that's "picture book racism"....looking out for your own.
No! Not you? Do I detect 'high-pitched" screams of indignation? Hands on cheeks? Screeching? Shrieking? The gnashing of teeth?
Somehow that all sounds so pollyanna-ish to me....so "perils of Pauline", tied to the railroad tracks by Snidely Whiplash, waiting to be saved by Dudley Do-Right!~

But you know, you're trying to have it both ways....greed and avarice. Gets 'em every time.
You can't have it both ways. You can't call on law enforcement to deal with "the problem"...you know, the 'problem de jour"....gays, blacks, hispanics, liberals, Dems, anti war protesters, pro-choicers, etc....anybody who's "biting your butt"....then, when the tables are turned, and you're looking down "the barrel of a gun", you want compassion, leniency, tolerance, "a pass", and like on "MSNBC"s Dateline: To Catch a Predator"....you promise never to do it again. As Investigator Chris Hansen says, "Do you know how many times I've heard that?"
Be careful....Be careful what you wish for...what you and your kind have unleashed on the rest of us...Gestapo tactics? Is that what you think is going on? You've opened Pandora's Box....I only hope it's not too late to put the lid back onto it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:06 am
@Drnaline,
I'm not complaining about any of it. I simple posted an article. Your reading into it Aaron. Pretty big responce for my personal eight word post, LOL.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:15 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;34742 wrote:
I'm not complaining about any of it. I simple posted an article. Your reading into it Aaron. Pretty big responce for my personal eight word post, LOL.

Yeah, well we all know you have a eight word limit on your capacity to absorb what's written. And once again, a dictionary will solve your lack of educational resolve...the word is "response", with an "s".
Crito

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:16 am
@Drnaline,
Innocent people don't get arrested and they certainly don't plead guilty. ROFLMAO.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 10:00 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;34880 wrote:
Yeah, well we all know you have a eight word limit on your capacity to absorb what's written. And once again, a dictionary will solve your lack of educational resolve...the word is "response", with an "s".
You know where to put your responce.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:51 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;34964 wrote:
You know where to put your responce.

I don't know where, because there's no such word. How would I know what you mean, if you can't express it?
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:54 am
@Drnaline,
I'm sure Larry Craig knows where.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:55 am
@Crito,
Crito;34930 wrote:
Innocent people don't get arrested and they certainly don't plead guilty. ROFLMAO.

I assume your ROFLMAO was at the comment you made right? INNOCENT PEOPLE NEVER Get arrested HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... and innocent people NEVER plead guilty HAHAHAHAHAH
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:18 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;35068 wrote:
I assume your ROFLMAO was at the comment you made right? INNOCENT PEOPLE NEVER Get arrested HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... and innocent people NEVER plead guilty HAHAHAHAHAH

They do all the time....but unless you're a senator, or have money for great counsel, you usually are f.....
Great system, isn't it?
0 Replies