What if Nader runs

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 08:46 am
I was thinking about this. Guess it would be the worst thing for Ron Paul supporters? IMO it would directly take from his base?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,432 • Replies: 37
No top replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 11:05 am
@Drnaline,
If Nader Runs, he will do The Republican party a favor. In the past two elections every vote that was wasted on him, would have gone DEM. Support Nader, and Keep morons like Kerry out of office... Better the Moron we know than the Moron we dont.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 02:15 pm
@Drnaline,
<-- voted for nader before. lol
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:09 am
@briansol,
briansol;34785 wrote:
<-- wasted a vote for nader before. lol

FIXT (5)
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
@Drnaline,
Lol!!
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:59 am
@Drnaline,
One of the few people worth voting for. Too bad Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch won't give him free air time like Billary and Fred is Dead Thompson get.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:34 pm
@Crito,
Ralph Nader and Ron Paul agree on social issues like the war in Iraq and civil liberties, but they differ on economic policy. Further, Nader seeks to use government to push his agenda, whereas Paul seeks to severely limit government. Nader won't steal a single vote from Paul, and Paul won't steal a single vote from Nader. They have majorly different ideologies.
mlurp

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:46 pm
@Freeman15,
I still wouldn't vote a third party candidate has never won. The people at the top who run the other parties would only allow this if the candidate did their bidding.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:44 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;37418 wrote:
I still wouldn't vote a third party candidate has never won. The people at the top who run the other parties would only allow this if the candidate did their bidding.

The American people came through loud and clear against Bushs de facto amnesty agenda, it can be done. When people do not vote their beliefs the system has failed. You'd be surprised at the number of people that probably don't even know there are other parties. I think the real problem is that there is no perfect candidate for any party, so the voters go with the lesser of the two evils, and the popular choice instead of holding out for what they actually want. Sad, sad, sad.
mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:21 am
@92b16vx,
Maybe. You could be right but I think it is stupidity. And I won't be stupid again.
And no matter the reason it changes nothing for me. I am through wasting my time voting for anyone but Jesus.
tvsej

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:13 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;37655 wrote:
Maybe. You could be right but I think it is stupidity. And I won't be stupid again.
And no matter the reason it changes nothing for me. I am through wasting my time voting for anyone but Jesus.

Well, that is a very worthy vote no doubt, however, Jesus doesn't run the United States, if you don't vote, your 2 cents are not in.
Every vote doesn't count singley(spell), that we know but I think it is important to every American 18 and up to be involved with the outcome of their future. I also think politics should be a subject in school, not taking any side just the funtion of our gov. and what each party stands for and what parties are there, basic knowledge as not to be left in the dark when a young adult hits the age of realization of what goes on outside their town is important.
What I learned in school about politics was to early for me to grasp, when I was ready to learn it it was not taught, therefore no interest to seek the knowledge. Only my view of course.
tvsej

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:15 am
@tvsej,
Hey mlurp, why are up so early or so late should I say?
mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:47 am
@tvsej,
Why loooool, P.T.S.D. 100%, one has to lean to live with it. Looking back I was probably on night ambush or listening post. Something any one trying to give me a surprise might not like. I am always ready. Airborne ready.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:18 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37655 wrote:

Awwww I re-considered to consider if I should register to vote in my new county and state. But for now thats all.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:12 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37867 wrote:
Awwww I re-considered to consider if I should register to vote in my new county and state. But for now thats all.

Register to vote anyway. Maybe you'll get called and asked to participate in a survery.

A few months ago the San Antonio Housting Authority (or something like that) occupied forty minutes of my boring afternoon whilst I answered questions about living quality in the city. Man, that was fun.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:14 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;37431 wrote:
The American people came through loud and clear against Bushs de facto amnesty agenda, it can be done. When people do not vote their beliefs the system has failed. You'd be surprised at the number of people that probably don't even know there are other parties. I think the real problem is that there is no perfect candidate for any party, so the voters go with the lesser of the two evils, and the popular choice instead of holding out for what they actually want. Sad, sad, sad.

\But what did the American people get? A pay raise for the poor and our elected officals. errrrr can anyone name anything else?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:36 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37895 wrote:
\But what did the American people get? A pay raise for the poor and our elected officals. errrrr can anyone name anything else?

They got to keep 12-20 million criminals from becoming citizens for free. As far as raising minimum wage, I don't know why people tihnk that that is going to fix the poors problems. The employer extra cost will be past on to comsumers, there by negating the raise of minimum wage. Besides not too many people stay at minimum wage past six months anyway, so it is moot, except I guess to people that are stuck working somewhere that doesn't see their labor as being worth anymore more than the lowest amount they can legally pay them, or hop from job to job.
mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:41 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;37908 wrote:
They got to keep 12-20 million criminals from becoming citizens for free. As far as raising minimum wage, I don't know why people tihnk that that is goingt o fix the poors problems. The employer extra cost will be past on to comsumers, there by negating the raise of minimum wage. Besides not too many people stay at minimum wage past six months anyway, so it is moot, except I guess to people that are stuck working somewhere that doesn't see their labor as being worth anymore more than the lowest amount they can legally pay them, or hop from job to job.

My ex son in law! My ex step son for another. And our schools graduate about 50-50 some for medium wage and the others for better jobs or college or tech schools. But then the issue of foreigner workers gosh it goes on and on.
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Nader splits the Democraitc votes, and now Ron Paul will. The both of them run ? Guaranteed republican victory.

And Pelosi's face will stretch all the way around.

http://www.photopile.com/photos/dead/auctions/258256.gif
Joe Stalin

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:41 am
@Drnaline,
... and what if Mayor Bloomberg runs as a 3rd Party candidate?