• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 880 • Replies: 9
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:48 pm
@Drnaline,
So, you like him now? Or did you quote the wrong part of the article?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:44 am
@Drnaline,
I never said i hated the guy. IMO he will not garner enough support untill he changes his war policy. If he'd do that he would probably have a hell of a chance? As it stands he is an also ran.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Wouldn't it be great if once Billary and Giuliani are officially ordained as their party's nominee, -- after enough pseudo-debates to convince the people there was something democratic about the process, of course -- Obama and Ron Paul broke away from their respective parties and ran together, on the same ticket? It'd be one heck of a political coup! Yeah, I know... I can dream though, can't I? Wink
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:23 am
@Drnaline,
Yeah , you can dream but when you do it's a doozy, LOL.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:27 am
@Drnaline,
If Ron Paul runs as an idependent, we would get a ton of votes, but would not win, or even come close. As the Rupublican nominee he will get those that want him, and all the party loyalist, who do not want Hitlery, as well as some of the middle to upper class democrats that don't want to see their wealth distributed, the wing-nuts, and fringe that wouldn't normally vote.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:41 am
@Drnaline,
The reason he wouldn't win is because the law limits individual campaign contributions and forces everyone to donate to Democans and Republicrats whether they want to or not. Federal (taxpayer) matching campaign funds is about as anti-democratic a concept as you can get. All of you WILL contribute to Billary's and Giulliani's campaigns!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:47 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
All of you WILL contribute to Billary's and Giulliani's campaigns!
Wanna bet?
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:00 am
@Drnaline,
You pay taxes don't you? Then sure, I'll bet. Wish I could refuse to check a little $3 box on my income tax return and not have to contribute, but it really doesn't work that way.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:28 am
@Drnaline,
Taxes IMO doesn't constitute conscience donations. That's like saying because you pay taxes you must support the war.
0 Replies