McCain raps Congress for bridge collapse

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:48 pm
McCain raps Congress for bridge collapse - Politics - MSNBC.com

ANKENY, Iowa - Republican John McCain said Saturday that Congress could share in the blame for the Minnesota bridge collapse because lawmakers diverted billions of dollars in transportation money from road work to pet projects.

"I think perhaps you can make the argument that part of the responsibility lies with the Congress of the United States," the Arizona senator said.

McCain said Congress spent roughly $20 billion on special-interest projects when it approved a new highway bill, signed into law by President Bush.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 816 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:28 am
@Drnaline,
I'm getting tired of the Blame Game. It's so wildly exaggerated in these pre-electoral times, I find it the source of unnecessary scandal and political predation. I refuse to buy into it. The bridge collapsed because it was old. The mine in Utah caved in because mining is dangerous. Dick shot a hunting partner in the face because hunting accidents happen. I'm going to die someday because that's what people do. They die.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:00 am
@Drnaline,
Word!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Slam dun it!!!!!
0 Replies