A story your not likely to here in the US

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 06:28 pm
Profile: Abdullah Mehsud

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Profile: Abdullah Mehsud

Mehsud, 33, spent 25 months in custody at the US base in Cuba before his release in March 2004.

He commanded militants who kidnapped two Chinese engineers in Pakistan's South Waziristan region shortly after his release.

One of the Chinese men was killed during a rescue bid by Pakistani forces.

As a young man, Mehsud fought for the Taleban against the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan.

He lost a leg in a landmine explosion a few days before the Taleban took Kabul in September 1996.

He surrendered along with several thousand fighters to the forces of Uzbek warlord, Abdul Rashid Dostum, in December 2001 in Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, and was later turned over to the US military authorities.

Oh yeah, we should close Gitmo and let them all go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 972 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 07:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Yep the enemy combatant that the left like to coddle to their sagging busoms like a baby has commited a crime yet again. Welcome to my world Dr where the tards rule and common sense is extinct.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 09:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Yeah, try and find this story in print media in Canada, had you seen it?
0 Replies

RedOct

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 02:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Hiiiiii
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 12:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Walking down the street, I saw an old bum rolling around in the gutter, crying. I ran to help him. Pulling his face up, I saw it was Harry Reid. "Senator, what's wrong!" I asked, totally stunned. "Screw it, man. Screw it all. We're all going down -- you and I, the girl......everybody. Let me die. Let me die. Let me die, damn you. LIFE SUCKS TOO HARD TO KEEP LIVING." Hearing this from the old warrior brought me down, hard. I did what he said. Dropping his face back into the muck, I fled. As I sprinted to get away, I could hear him drowning his own sorrow. I kept asking myself, "Was he right? Is it really that bad? Did I do the right thing.?"

"THE HORROR...........THE HORROR...........THE HORROR."
0 Replies