Global warming debunked

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:15 am
Global warming debunked - Local News - The Timaru Herald

Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton this week.

Man's contribution to the greenhouse gases was so small we couldn't change the climate if we tried, he maintained.

"We're all going to survive this. It's all going to be a joke in five years," he said.

A combination of misinterpreted and misguided science, media hype, and political spin had created the current hysteria and it was time to put a stop to it.

"It is time to attack the myth of global warming," he said.

Water vapour was responsible for 95 per cent of the greenhouse effect, an effect which was vital to keep the world warm, he explained.

"If we didn't have the greenhouse effect the planet would be at minus 18 deg C but because we do have the greenhouse effect it is plus 15 deg C, all the time."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 945 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:36 am
@Drnaline,
the science is about 60/40 pro-global warming, still 40 is a pretty damn big group of scientists

the fact remains that until we're off oil we're in some ways commercially enslaved to the Middle East. If you want national security long term you need some green in your red white and blue, regardless of what the planet is or isn't doing.
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:53 am
@Drnaline,
Well hell Lets bring back aresol bytches
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 02:00 pm
@Drnaline,
WHy don't we drill in Alaska and kick China out of the Gulf of Mexico? It's China and the moose or us, I say we help us.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 11:03 pm
@Drnaline,
"Why don't we drill in Alaska and kick China out of the Gulf of Mexico? It's China and the moose or us, I say we help us."

I agree.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:34 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;16931 wrote:
the science is about 60/40 pro-global warming, still 40 is a pretty damn big group of scientists

the fact remains that until we're off oil we're in some ways commercially enslaved to the Middle East. If you want national security long term you need some green in your red white and blue, regardless of what the planet is or isn't doing.
I'm pro global warming. What is the percentage of scientists that believe it is human induced? That's what i want to know.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 02:56 pm
@Drnaline,
there are enough reserves in alaska (oil reserves) that 20 wells drilled would produce enough oil on their own that we would see our dollar a gallon gas prices again.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 02:59 pm
@Drnaline,
But apparently we might hurt a polar bear, two moose, and some trees in the area we currently want to drill in.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:00 pm
@Drnaline,
the sad thing is, we can drill and seclude the drilling to where it would not effect either moose that lives near by
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:02 pm
@Drnaline,
It's only a small area, or so I've heard.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Where the largest zone that would be shot is at that would power the world for eterntiy (Not really but for a long time) once every 50 years is their any significant amount of migratory pattern involved. and it isnt even a resting point, just a walking through point. Animals are pretty smart if they're old road suddnely has a fence blocking it , i bet they figure otu another path.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 05:24 pm
@Drnaline,
I think there's some truth to it. We need to take better care of the environment, and stop burning fossil fuels. No....I'm not an Al Gore disciple -- not by a long-shot.
0 Replies