Soros buys Halliburton

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:16 am
Trouble in paradise. It's pretty short so i will post it all.

Soros buys Halliburton | FP Passport

Normally, I'm willing to overlook the hypocrisy of the liberal elite. If Al Gore and his Hollywood cronies want to fly around on gas-guzzling, atmosphere-polluting private jets while railing against global climate change, I'm willing to overlook it.

But the latest move by globe trotting, hyper-liberal billionaire George Soros borders on being too much. According to papers filed with the SEC, in the fourth quarter of 2006 Soros purchased nearly 2 million shares of ... hold your breath ... Halliburton. The Halliburton shares reportedly went for an average purchase price of $31.30 a share. That puts Soros' total investment in Halliburton at around $62.6 million, or about 2 percent of his total portfolio.

Soros, of course, is the dean of Democratic money giving. And Halliburton, of course, is the company that embodies everything the Democrats see as evil. Dick Cheney is its former chief, for goodness' sake. But Soros is also a man of contradictions. He supported campaign finance reform for years, only to declare that defeating President George W. Bush was the "central focus" of his life. To prove it, he sunk $24 million of his own "soft" money into the 2004 campaign, helping make that election one of the most divisive in modern history.

Soros' position in Halliburton is reported to be his first, which means he bought it with a full understanding of Halliburton's reputation. Soros may not see a problem with profiting from a company that has been accused of everything from sweatheart deals to cooking the books to serving U.S. troops lousy food in Iraq. The real question, however, is whether MoveOn.org, the Center for American Progress, and other organizations that have benefitted from Soros' charity will see a problem with accepting money earned off Halliburton shares?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 901 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Not all "liberals" are elite and not all hipocracy in government is limited to one group...If you can find something criminal in what he did let me know and Ill cheer the prosecutor who puts him in jail...right along side the company officials who ripped off the tax payers in Iraq
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:53 pm
@Drnaline,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I can say.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:08 pm
@Drnaline,
It is true ! I checked several financial sources to verify this story , and have seen that it is true . Soros knows where to make money .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 10:46 am
@Drnaline,
Not word one on MSM? Not suprising though. Can you emagine how many loonie libs will be crushed with the news? Na, they will make a conspiracy theory out of it. This is one for Zozo. Can you help a brother out?
0 Replies