Democrats fear Fred Thompson...and should

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 08:38 am
Just wondering what you guys/ladys thought of Fred Thompson?

Townhall.com::Democrats fear Fred Thompson...and should::By Mark M. Alexander

Beyond the field of announced GOP candidates with questionable conservative pedigrees, there is a potential suitor on the horizon who could close the wide breach between Republicans and conservatives. Fred Thompson, the former Republican Senator from Tennessee, is perhaps America's brightest and most capable prospect for President in 2008.

Most folks probably recognize him as District Attorney Arthur Branch on NBC's "Law & Order," or maybe from one of his big-screen roles like "Clear and Present Danger," but I have had the privilege of knowing him for 20 years as just Fred. I know well that he is as capable of navigating the clear and present dangers facing our nation and restoring law and order to our constitutional republic as are the characters he plays on screen.

Last week, when Sen. Thompson was queried about a possible presidential bid, he replied, "I'm giving some thought to it," saying he would make a decision in coming months. "It's not really a reflection on the current field at all. I'm just going to wait and see what happens."

Notwithstanding his tip of the hat to the current field of GOP contenders, Thompson made it clear that he would be watching them: "I wanted to see how my colleagues who are on the campaign trail do now -- what they say, what they emphasize ... and whether or not they can carry the ball next November."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 858 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
@Drnaline,
I suppose Fred Thompson is okay. I prefer Sam Brownback in this race really, maybe Gingrich, but I'd definitely vote for Thompson.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 03:58 pm
@Drnaline,
Townhall.com::Why Fred Thompson Should Run::By Mona Charen
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 12:37 am
@Drnaline,
Thompson would be a good candidate . Wasn't he in the race once before a few administrations back ? I'll have to look him up again online .
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:32 am
@Drnaline,
I kind of like Thompson at least he can put a sentence together ...He coukld be the next repubs next Reagan....and right now its anyones game....If we have another repub we could do worse than Fred
0 Replies