• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 653 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 01:06 pm
@Drnaline,
The anti-global warming crowd has no better scientific basis for their claims than the people they claim are fanatics and over eager activists. They point to the dire needs of African people who barely have food as a justification for continued expansion and ignore developed areas of the world where until the advent of anti-pollution laws the air was actually mildly corrosive, acid rain wasn't a myth, PCBS weren't a myth
pollution, causes cancer, lung disorders, birth defects it destroys entire ecosystems, CO2 and global warming is just something simple, ordinary people can rally around. If the government and industry is willing to make changes they can deal with reasonable middle of the road types like us, if not then the enviroactivists are the ones who will have the spotlight...
The point is or should be man has an impact on the environment that must and should be remediated. Anybody who has ever lived near an oil refinery will tell you that is a fact...
Technology and policy must be developed to lessen that effect, even if it is only for our own quality of life.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:08 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;12034 wrote:
The anti-global warming crowd has no better scientific basis for their claims than the people they claim are fanatics and over eager activists. They point to the dire needs of African people who barely have food as a justification for continued expansion and ignore developed areas of the world where until the advent of anti-pollution laws the air was actually mildly corrosive, acid rain wasn't a myth, PCBS weren't a myth
pollution, causes cancer, lung disorders, birth defects it destroys entire ecosystems, CO2 and global warming is just something simple, ordinary people can rally around. If the government and industry is willing to make changes they can deal with reasonable middle of the road types like us, if not then the enviroactivists are the ones who will have the spotlight...
The point is or should be man has an impact on the environment that must and should be remediated. Anybody who has ever lived near an oil refinery will tell you that is a fact...
Technology and policy must be developed to lessen that effect, even if it is only for our own quality of life.

Quote:
The anti-global warming crowd has no better scientific basis for their claims than the people they claim are fanatics and over eager activists.

What anti-global warming crowd? I do not know of any people who deny that global warming is not happening? That argument lays on what is the cause of it. I know it was a long vid but did you watch the whole thing?
Quote:
CO2 and global warming is just something simple, ordinary people can rally around.

Yeah, the libbys know that and have created an entire industry at the simple premise of simple minds falling for the human hype bandwagon, then using that flawed hypothesis to extort probably trillions of dollars for the supposed fight they are about to engage for you? I'm sure they'll fight for you tooth and nail for that kinda cash? No wonder Gore is driving the wagon banner. Imagine how much money he's going to be cashing in on his whitehouse rock concerts to save the planet from the evil humans. How much you wanna bet he's got a comity figuring out what kinda cash he can generate and how to spend it to supply jet fuel for his concerts. I'm sure he is planning a world wide tour? Think all the bands with ride with Gore in his jet or travel in there own?
Quote:
If the government and industry is willing to make changes they can deal with reasonable middle of the road types like us, if not then the enviroactivists are the ones who will have the spotlight...

Looks like the tolerant people are being a little intolerant.
Quote:
The point is or should be man has an impact on the environment that must and should be remediated.

Who's example do you think we should follow? Pres. Bush or XVP Gore? Both examples work good to point out who pratices what he preaches. One example show how the conviction of one can put into practice without saying a word. The other has nothing but words to forsake, no example's of good deeds, instead has to buy into buying offset credits to make up for his inadequacy's. Bush is by far the better example, if every one took to the sample he set where do you think this country would be a far as world emissions, and would it have had anything to do with a rampaging governmnet body who is sure they have a solution? There best plan is Kyoto. Who for a nominal price of a few trillion can gaurantee a drop in temp by frations of a degree in twenty years or so.
Quote:
Anybody who has ever lived near an oil refinery will tell you that is a fact...

Kinda make's me wish we would of made more Nuke power plants in the last thirty years, those reactor don't put our and CO2's and they make gobs of power. Those gloom and doomers i bet back then are the same ones that are whining about human induced global warming now?
Quote:

The tech is being developed but it is the individual who will make the greatest inpact. Tearing apart economys and throwin money at it will not solve it, if the assumptions of these theorists prove true, from what i've seen they are far, far from it.
0 Replies